ADVERTISEMENT

Go NOVA!!

Capitol Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Jul 17, 2002
Vienna, VA
I'll be rooting for Arcidiacono all night long. Yum...yum...yum.

DBK1512221216Delaware_at_Villanova.jpg

Reactions: ovaltine
Heels win this in a rout.

God, I hope not. When I moved down to Charlotte in 1991 we had owned UNC head to head and were up in NC's 5-2. Now they've tied us and with a W tonight they move ahead of us, 6-5. Same with Duke in that span, except we were ahead of them 5-0 in NC's and now tied. But, not to worry, if we give CTC a few more years, I'm confident we'll add another Sweet 16 to our total. Just a few more years... F Me.

I'll be rooting for Arcidiacono all night long. Yum...yum...yum.

DBK1512221216Delaware_at_Villanova.jpg

Am I the only one who thought his name was Archie Diacono? Then he got a whole new first name! Seriously, Nova seems like they have chemistry and mojo going for them, so I hope they can pull it out.

Reactions: Moops
Am I the only one who thought his name was Archie Diacono? Then he got a whole new first name! Seriously, Nova seems like they have chemistry and mojo going for them, so I hope they can pull it out.

I was explaining this to my wife when they were playing Kansas. Not because she cared but because I had only realized it, after all these years, during the first weekend of the tournament. 'Wow, that Diacono guy still plays for them? Wait, the name on his jersey starts with an 'A'. .... d'uh." I still don't think she knows WTF I was talking trying to explain.

I was explaining this to my wife when they were playing Kansas. Not because she cared but because I had only realized it, after all these years, during the first weekend of the tournament. 'Wow, that Diacono guy still plays for them? Wait, the name on his jersey starts with an 'A'. .... d'uh." I still don't think she knows WTF I was talking trying to explain.

Men are from Mars and Women Want Our Penis... doesn't sound quite right, but it was a best seller so who am I to argue?

God, I hope not. When I moved down to Charlotte in 1991 we had owned UNC head to head and were up in NC's 5-2. Now they've tied us and with a W tonight they move ahead of us, 6-5. Same with Duke in that span, except we were ahead of them 5-0 in NC's and now tied. But, not to worry, if we give CTC a few more years, I'm confident we'll add another Sweet 16 to our total. Just a few more years... F Me.
Also will put Roy even with RMK at 3 national titles. *shudder*

We know how she feels

WTFAYTA?

Technically, they'll probably only be ahead of us for a few weeks.

Reactions: JARiley
Technically, they'll probably only be ahead of us for a few weeks.
Aww, thats cute.
You actually think the NCAA will do anything major to UNC.
In 2 years when Roy retires they'll give him a suspension and maybe take away a scholarship from UNC.

The most likely result is that the athletics wont get anything since non athletes were also able to take the classes.

Aww, thats cute.
You actually think the NCAA will do anything major to UNC.
In 2 years when Roy retires they'll give him a suspension and maybe take away a scholarship from UNC.

The most likely result is that the athletics wont get anything since non athletes were also able to take the classes.
In reality, the NCAA probably shouldn't do anything. They don't really have jurisdiction over this any more than they had jurisdiction over the Penn State scandal. I wouldn't be totally surprised if very little happens, because the NCAA recognizes its weakness.

On the other hand, they've firmly claimed jurisdiction on the grounds that a disproportionate number of athletes took the courses - and the evidence that the scheme was set up in response to a request from an athletic department official to help athletes find easier classes - and I'd be equally unsurprised if they used this case as a chance to re-exert their lost dominance after the PSU fiasco. If they go that route, I'd expect them to vacate a ton of wins, which might include both the '05 and '09 titles.

I agree - but I think Roy's a bigger joke. I think he "nice guy's" this into a legendary loss.

Villanova by 4. Bet your mortgage.

Oh brother .. you can't compare Roy Williams and Jay "I'm barely better than Tom Crean" Wright ..

I agree - but I think Roy's a bigger joke. I think he "nice guy's" this into a legendary loss.

Villanova by 4. Bet your mortgage.
It's a helluva game so far. Whew!
On an unrelated note, the new Barkley, Jackson, Spike commercial is pretty damn funny.

It's a helluva game so far. Whew!
On an unrelated note, the new Barkley, Jackson, Spike commercial is pretty damn funny.

Nova is shooting 58% from the field and 43% from 3 (EFG% of 65%) and are down 5!

Just be careful not to say anything complimentary about Jay Wright. We'll have to deal with Hoops Cat going on another over/under-medicated rant.
Gawd, obsess much? I was merely being conversational, and you took it like I banged your mother.

For the record, here's what I posted. But, since we're discussing this, was I wrong?

Hmmm, Sally? My point is that he's a nice coach, but he's just an average coach, like most of the current crop in the NCAA. FL33 has swayed me with his argument about how much better the coaching is in the NBA relative to the college game, and I don't think that Jay Wright is better than "X", where X = name your coach.

Does that include enjoying them lose to North Carolina State in the 2nd round in 2015?

Or losing to Connecticut in the 2nd round in 2014?

Or losing to North Carolina in the 1st round in 2013?

Or not making the tourney in 2012?

Or losing to George Mason in the 1st round in 2011?

Or losing to Saint Mary's in the 2nd round in 2010?

So, you enjoy Jay Wright's teams? Please, tell me why, exactly. If this was a coach at IU, we'd be having a coronary over the state of IU basketball.......

Tied. This game is a great title game. Nova hooks a lot and a lot of non-calls on D.
Gotta give them credit, though the coach is a giant douche, Nova is a tough minded team. This one might be over with. UNC doesn't play well from behind.

Gotta give them credit, though the coach is a giant douche, Nova is a tough minded team. This one might be over with. UNC doesn't play well from behind.
Yep. They're forcing a lot. Too much 1 on 1. Reminds me of IU when they go off the rails. Selfish. O called it.

Gawd, obsess much? I was merely being conversational, and you took it like I banged your mother.

For the record, here's what I posted. But, since we're discussing this, was I wrong?

Hmmm, Sally? My point is that he's a nice coach, but he's just an average coach, like most of the current crop in the NCAA. FL33 has swayed me with his argument about how much better the coaching is in the NBA relative to the college game, and I don't think that Jay Wright is better than "X", where X = name your coach.
Dude, let it go. Glad to see you're back. Hope you're doing well. Oh and I AM better than you. Just not anybody else on this mofo.
EDIT: It's pretty funny too that you accuse him of obsessing and yet in your previous post to me you cite your review of months worth of my posts. Can't make up that kind of $hit. And still.....*crickets*

Last edited:

Did Roy and CTC go to the same school for teaching post feeds? Front line that big and that talented and they can't get the ball in good position unless its off a lob or a missed shot.

Did Roy and CTC go to the same school for teaching post feeds? Front line that big and that talented and they can't get the ball in good position unless its off a lob or a missed shot.
Nova has had guards down there too. Guard play was UNC's weakness this year. It's showing up.

btw I heard Ovaltine and C-$ blow each other.

Reactions: MillerTime

JgWTm8.gif

Reactions: hoosierdug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT