ADVERTISEMENT

Garden State

patrick593

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 12, 2007
Columbus, OH
Fantastic soundtrack... Always go back and forth on how good of a movie it is.
Sometimes I watch it and love it, other times I just watch it and get depressed.

Sometimes I watch it and love it, other times I just watch it and get depressed.
It's a fine movie. It tries to engage with some interesting themes, but doesn't treat them all that well. Ultimately, a movie heavy on messaging comes down to "medication is bad for treating mental illness -- throw yourself irresponsibly into relationships with odd strangers, because that'll sure fix it."

The soundtrack's good, but it's a bit overrated -- I thought Wicker Park was the better soundtrack to come out of those couple years (even though I'd never seen the movie.) That Shins song is memorable, of course.

Good movie, but not one I've had the interest in rewatching.

One of my favorite soundtracks. Simon and Garfunkel. The Shins. Thievery Corp. Iron & Wine. Coldplay (phack off. It's from their 1st album and is good). Zero 7. Cary Brothers.
It's a good one. The movie is solid too. Is it Coen Bros (both movie and soundtrack)? No. But what is?

It's a fine movie. It tries to engage with some interesting themes, but doesn't treat them all that well. Ultimately, a movie heavy on messaging comes down to "medication is bad for treating mental illness -- throw yourself irresponsibly into relationships with odd strangers, because that'll sure fix it."

The soundtrack's good, but it's a bit overrated -- I thought Wicker Park was the better soundtrack to come out of those couple years (even though I'd never seen the movie.) That Shins song is memorable, of course.

Good movie, but not one I've had the interest in rewatching.
Wicker Park was one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. The soundtrack was good though. Always been a fan of Aqualung.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT