ADVERTISEMENT

GameDay @ Bloomington just announced...

Using it to bring 1979 players to the Gameday footprint. It will be recorded, because it's happening at 8:30am. Not sure if IU will also use it at some point, maybe when they intro that team during a break or at halftime.
Fans don't suck as bad as you thought. As i said, Ws fill stands. Everywhere.

Fans don't suck as bad as you thought. As i said, Ws fill stands. Everywhere.
Fair, but it's easy to get on the bandwagon when you're 8-0 and experiencing unprecedented success. I've got news for everyone, we're not going to go 8-0 (and beyond) every year, so the test will be whether the newbies are still as supportive for teams that might go 8-4.

Reactions: red hornet and TMFT
Fair, but it's easy to get on the bandwagon when you're 8-0 and experiencing unprecedented success. I've got news for everyone, we're not going to go 8-0 (and beyond) every year, so the test will be whether the newbies are still as supportive for teams that might go 8-4.
I feel like most of the people around us at Henke sell their tickets because we see very few of the same faces each week.

At any rate, there were some drunk kids a couple rows back this week yelling that the needed so-and-so to score so they could win their bets.

I like to do a few sports wagers here and there for fun as much as the next guy, but I had to hold back telling them to STFU. Win first. Parlay second. The bandwagon doesn't have a discriminating palette. lol

Reactions: red hornet
I feel like most of the people around us at Henke sell their tickets because we see very few of the same faces each week.

At any rate, there were some drunk kids a couple rows back this week yelling that the needed so-and-so to score so they could win their bets.

I like to do a few sports wagers here and there for fun as much as the next guy, but I had to hold back telling them to STFU. Win first. Parlay second. The bandwagon doesn't have a discriminating palette. lol
I'd guess those Henke tickets are a lot of 'office' tickets, where they don't belong to a person, but a school office, department or program and the tickets get distributed out to people within those places. But that's conjecture on my part.

Reactions: TMFT and red hornet
Lets see the program get there and find out. the apathy is ingrained for the older crowd, maybe the students who don't know much better will become a more seat-sitting generation after graduation. As long as the tailgating scene is as good as it is...it will be a temptation.

Reactions: red hornet

The gambling industry marketing to these kids is intense and effective. This isn't going away.

Grudens were a few houses away while I was growing up.

Very doubtful. They were in the Bloomington Little League district unless foul play was at hand. I know first hand by living on the same street. Westside Lions were their team if anyone around at that time
100% possible...I was a 5+ years younger...and that was a story I heard just a few years ago (when Gruden was coaching) so it absolutely could be incorrect.

A decent read on the fanbase will be the three non-con cupcakes next year. Are those games going to be close to full, or more like the typical historical 40-45K without all the tickets used? Tbd.
If I had to guess, we'll have "sell outs" but it won't be full. Especially if it's hot like it was this year, so I understand.

But I'll still take our scheduling over @mattndallas's goal of getting Clemson, Bama, & Texas on the non-con each year to drive ticket sales.

I think it's 26 or 27 that we start having UVA on the schedule for a home & home, then ND a year or two after that. That's about perfect.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
But I'll still take our scheduling over @mattndallas's goal of getting Clemson, Bama, & Texas on the non-con each year to drive ticket sales.

I don't say that...although I'd take one of those at a time for a home and home. 😄

1) Kentucky Labor Day tradition
2) Oxford or Athens...OHIO. 2 for 1 so we get a weekend there. App State would be fun as well.
3) WVA, Tenn, Vandy, Mizzou, Pitt...someplace driveable...standard home and home.

If we were 8-0 with that schedule, we'd be ranked #4 right now, could absorb two losses down the stretch, and still make the playoffs. 👍

Plus...as all have seen these past two weeks...playing big boy football, against LEGIT teams...is just more fun.

Contrast that to the 1k or so in the 2nd half against W Illinois...total waste of time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT