ADVERTISEMENT

[Game Day Thread] Indiana (2-3) @ Michigan (6-0)

Classic IU. Not just Tom Allen IU, historical IU. 7-7 with 5 minutes to go. Mistake after mistake, 21-7. Typical.

Happy with the start, overall. Hate that in year 7, we’re still as mistake prone and undisciplined as year 1.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Please adjust to their RB's just sitting in the middle, catching easy passes. On that "flip" pass, dude was open for 8 minutes.

Classic IU. Not just Tom Allen IU, historical IU. 7-7 with 5 minutes to go. Mistake after mistake, 21-7. Typical.

Happy with the start, overall. Hate that in year 7, we’re still as mistake prone and undisciplined as year 1.
Its why I never get excited.

Ever.

14-7. 60 yard pass....Penalty. Back breaker. Changes the entire half.

Then the unsporting penalty.....

We are who we are.

Reactions: ribbont

Ever.

We are who we are.
As Michigan was driving to go ahead 14-7…my main thought was that we likely wouldn’t get out of the half down only 14-7. That’s how reliable our Hoosiers are in that situation. Game is still tied 7-7 with 5 minutes to go, and I’m worried we’ll be down 21-7 at the half.

Ever.

We are who we are.
If he hadn’t had his hands to the face it might have been a sack or incomplete at best. I think on the unsportsmanlike he was just trying to pull him off because he was in some kind of pain and the qb flipped himself backwards. Was even laughing about it afterwards.

How many penalties does Mich have?0??? I dont remember a game ever where Mich had more penalties than IU! Ever! $$$

How many penalties does Mich have?0??? I dont remember a game ever where Mich had more penalties than IU! Ever! $$$
They almost always have better players and are a better coached team. So it makes sense they’d have less penalties.

One of our biggest issues year in and year out is our inability to track down the qb when he gets out of the pocket. We don’t have the closing speed and it kills us multiple times every game often on 3rd and long.

If IU scores first, will TA run the team on the field to take a picture in front of the score board with IU-7, UM-0 like Corso did decades ago?
edit. - oops, it was OSU w IU up 7-6. We went on to lose 47-7.
I was at that game … Ray griffin got a forward handoff and raced 60 yds for a fumble recovery return … replay would have called that back these days.

They don’t need to commit penalties to play at a high level. Officiating is a non factor today, and the notion that the refs are paid to tilt things on their favor is nonsense. As usual.

Thinking of retiring next year and feeling pretty ok about not wasting anymore time watching this god damn embarrassing so called D1 football program. Decades of patience and support and all it returned were a few enjoyable seasons and I don’t see many more ahead before I leave this Earth.

I was at that game … Ray griffin got a forward handoff and raced 60 yds for a fumble recovery return … replay would have called that back these days.
Fumbles weren’t permitted to be advanced beyond the point of recovery then. And I was at the game, too.

I’m so tired of being the uncompetitive dregs of the league. Those Michigan guys laughing and having fun. Everyone has a great day when the play our lowly beaten down overmatched team.

Reactions: IUgradman
Jackson is gonna get benched for the TOS. Sorsby had the job locked up before his fumble. Coaches are gonna harp on taking care of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT