ADVERTISEMENT

Game 3: IU 6 San Diego 5 final as IU splits the doubleheader..

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
USD has outhit IU so far, 5 to 2. All of the runs scored in this game so far have been earned. Sommer is on the mound for IU.

Okay, they pulled Sommer for Hobbie in the 5th, and he is having an awful inning. He's still looking to get his first out and has given up four hits including a homer which has led to two runs so far.

Last edited:
Okay, they pulled Sommer for Hobie in the 5th, and he is having an awful inning. He's still looking to get his first out and has given up four hits including a homer which has led to two runs so far.
Hobbie settled down enough to get out of the inning giving up two earned runs.

Last edited:
Lloyd cut the lead in half with a homer in the 6th. We stranded a runner on base after that.

Hobbie gave up a leadoff double in the bottom of the 6th and has been relieved by Austin Long.

Last edited:
Hobie gave up a leadoff double in the bottom of the 6th and has been relieved by Austin Long.
The leadoff double cost us a run, so we are back to being three down while batting in the top of the 7th.

A clutch two-out triple by Kaletha scores two runs. Unfortunately, we couldn't get him in from third to tie it. We still have two innings to get the job done.

Reactions: snowling
IU rallies in the 9th to take the lead. A clutch one-out single by Houston tied it, and then another clutch two-out single by Kaletha put IU ahead. We're three outs away from winning this one.

Reactions: snowling
Never mind I found them, sorry.
Austin Long, B.J. Sabol and Cal Krueger pitched shutout ball over the last four innings. Hobbie really had a bad inning in his short appearance. For whatever reason, I've had this mental hangup with Hobbie's name in that I want to put just one "b" in it and I did it a couple of times yesterday. I did the same last season.

Austin Long, B.J. Sabol and Cal Krueger pitched shutout ball over the last four innings. Hobbie really had a bad inning in his short appearance. For whatever reason, I've had this mental hangup with Hobbie's name in that I want to put just one "b" in it and I did it a couple of times yesterday. I did the same last season.

Could the mental hangup be due to Hobie Billingsley?

Reactions: snowling and ptrich
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT