ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Kupp's Jump Shooting

FDU made it as far as IU has in 6 years in the tourney. Guess they’re as good as IU.

Those two aren’t doing much in the NBA.
Edey's doing nothing in the NBA: he came back because he wasn't good enough to get drafted.

IU didn't lose to a #16 seed: PU did. FDU > PU

0-2 against IU and looked every bit of a mid-major player in both matchups.
lol you should beat us every year with your 5 stars. It was good to see you guys finally came back to the rivalry. Those 5 straight years of winning was beginning to make us look elsewhere for a rival.

Your guards have lost to North Texas, St. Peter’s, and Fairleigh Dickinson in three consecutive tournaments. Not sure this is the road you want to go down.
Your guards had not been in the tournament for five years and then lost by 30 and then 20. And your guards were higher recruits than who you lost to and still got the floor mopped.

Your guards had not been in the tournament for five years and then lost by 30 and then 20. And your guards were higher recruits than who you lost to and still got the floor mopped.
You sure you want to talk about the NCAAT? #16 FDU was the worst loss in the history of the NCAAT, and Matt can't beat double seed mid-majors in year 20. PU hasn't been to a Final Four since 1980.

Edey's doing nothing in the NBA: he came back because he wasn't good enough to get drafted.

IU didn't lose to a #16 seed: PU did. FDU > PU
Ok? He’s making money either way. He wa the 400+ recruit and was NPOTY and may win it again. I think he’s ok. FDU is better than this years IU team, no doubt about that.

Ok? He’s making money either way. He wa the 400+ recruit and was NPOTY and may win it again. I think he’s ok. FDU is better than this years IU team, no doubt about that.
FDU > PU. #16 FDU was the worst loss in NCAAT history. Edey came back to PU because he wasn't good enough to get drafted.

lol you should beat us every year with your 5 stars. It was good to see you guys finally came back to the rivalry. Those 5 straight years of winning was beginning to make us look elsewhere for a rival.
Imagine being on the greatest 5 year stretch of run in your program’s history and the only thing you’re going to be remembered for nationally in 20 years is the answer to this trivia question:

Name the only school in college basketball history who lost to double-digit seeds in 3 consecutive tournaments?

Sucks to suck. I get why you’re over here though.

You sure you want to talk about the NCAAT? #16 FDU was the worst loss in the history of the NCAAT, and Matt can't beat double seed mid-majors in year 20. PU hasn't been to a Final Four since 1980.
Indeed it was awful, won’t deny that. IU hasn’t done much either for almost 40 years and that’s with better recruits. If we had some if those 5 stars maybe we could have made it as far as IU and got to the 2nd round last year!

Imagine being on the greatest 5 year stretch of run in your program’s history and the only thing you’re going to be remembered for nationally in 20 years is the answer to this trivia question:

Name the only school in college basketball history who lost to double-digit seeds in 3 consecutive tournaments?

How many #16 seeds have ever won in the NCAAT?

And beat the shit of your team (twice) while not becoming the answer to an embarrassing trivia question.

Indeed it was awful, won’t deny that. IU hasn’t done much either for almost 40 years and that’s with better recruits. If we had some if those 5 stars maybe we could have made it as far as IU and got to the 2nd round last year!
You don't need 5*'s to beat double digit mid-majors!

Greatest 5 year stretch? It’s still going and will be going for another 5 years. Rather be where we are at this point than IU. IU has no idea where they are going…offer the top 50 every year and some have to commit right? Play the portal and not address the glaring issues of needing shooting and guards but then say no guards were there. Even tho there were a good 15—20.

You guys have history, yes, but the current generation has no idea about it. Woodson needs to find guys that can fit his system instead of falling In love with the stars in front of their name.

And sucks to suck? IU hasn’t been past the S16 in 20 years and missed it for 5 straight.

I’m here to let you know that there’s another guard who is avg a bit above kolek, who is great btw—agree with you there. Don’t act like you didnt come on our board all the time in the past.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Greatest 5 year stretch? It’s still going and will be going for another 5 years. Rather be where we are at this point than IU. IU has no idea where they are going…offer the top 50 every year and some have to commit right? Play the portal and not address the glaring issues of needing shooting and guards but then say no guards were there. Even tho there were a good 15—20.

You guys have history, yes, but the current generation has no idea about it. Woodson needs to find guys that can fit his system instead of falling In love with the stars in front of their name.

And sucks to suck? IU hasn’t been past the S16 in 20 years and missed it for 5 straight.

I’m here to let you know that there’s another guard who is avg a bit above kolek, who is great btw—agree with you there. Don’t act like you didnt come on our board all the time in the past.
IU fans got tired of Crean well before year 9. You still have a boner for Crean results after 20 years, even though Matt can't beat double digit seed mid-majors.

IU fans got tired of Crean well before year 9. You still have a boner for Crean results after 20 years, even though Matt can't beat double digit seed mid-majors.
You’re right. We should trade in our coach and go through 20 years of up and down, not go past the S16 and firing every coach in hopes that whenever the coaching job opens up, everyone will want it, including Brad Stevens. Or we don’t fire them and have the same results 😂

I’ve forgotten more good IU basketball than you’ve EVER seen at Purdue. Your program is an utter joke nationally. The 92 F4 loss in Minneapolis to Duke is honestly the last time I’ve lost sleep over an IU basketball game and that was over 30 years ago. And here Purdue and Matt Painter are in year 20 trying to figure out how not to lose to a double-digit seed for the 4th straight year. IU hasn’t been past the S16 in 20 years and still has a tourney resume that absolutely SHITS on Purdue and can go another 20 without that fact ever changing.

I’ve forgotten more good IU basketball than you’ve EVER seen at Purdue. Your program is an utter joke nationally. The 92 F4 loss in Minneapolis to Duke is honestly the last time I’ve lost sleep over an IU basketball game and that was over 30 years ago. And here Purdue and Matt Painter are in year 20 trying to figure out how not to lose to a double-digit seed for the 4th straight year. IU hasn’t been past the S16 in 20 years and still has a tourney resume that absolutely SHITS on Purdue and can go another 20 without that fact ever changing.
You’re right, you probably have. I’m not old enough to remember IU ever being good because I’m not 40 years old and up.

In the last 20 years, Purdue has a better tourney resume, but before that…I think we have to go back to 35 years (need to look it up) to where IU’s resume starts to really pull away. Congrats on that. Minnesota football was pretty good back in the day too. Most those fans who remember that are gone tho.

I said when PU lost to NW that the little bro mosquitos would disappear for a week. Right on schedule.....one thing about kids, they are predictable.

Let the pleas for affirmation commence. Again.

You’re right. We should trade in our coach and go through 20 years of up and down, not go past the S16 and firing every coach in hopes that whenever the coaching job opens up, everyone will want it, including Brad Stevens. Or we don’t fire them and have the same results 😂
It is called not accepting mediocrity, trying instead of giving up, and holding coaches accountable: not the PU way.

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
You’re right, you probably have. I’m not old enough to remember IU ever being good because I’m not 40 years old and up.

In the last 20 years, Purdue has a better tourney resume, but before that…I think we have to go back to 35 years (need to look it up) to where IU’s resume starts to really pull away. Congrats on that. Minnesota football was pretty good back in the day too. Most those fans who remember that are gone tho.
Your program hasn’t done an ounce of shit on the national stage the last 20 years that warrants you shit posting on somebody else’s board, let alone IU’s. In fact, Purdue’s done more harm than good to their national image in your lifetime. Nobody outside the 765 gives a hoot about Purdue or knows that Purdue exists other than to chronically underachieve in March.

Reactions: Willdog7

Bragging about Crean results (minus the FF), SMH. Minnesota basketball has been to a Final Four more recently than PU.

He does seem to square himself in the air some, but I'd have to go back and watch to see what you're talking about, and I'm not doing that. Cupps is the least of my worries for this team, as it's obvious all he's going to feel comfortable doing this year is be a solid game manager, and he's already doing that. But, it's also obvious this team needs a couple folks to step up as offensive threats from the backcourt/wing. Almost has to be Mgbako, and then at least 1 of TG, CJ or KB, and while they've each had flashes, I have no idea who else. In my mind, time for your senior captain to step up.
I disagree. If, as a group, our 8 rotation players average a collective 8 made 3s per game, our 3 point shooting will be solid.

Bragging about Crean results (minus the FF), SMH. Minnesota basketball has been to a Final Four more recently than PU.
Not bragging at all. Just pointing out that it’s been better results—call it Crean results, although they’re better than his, than what IU has had for quite some time. Crean actually probably would have brought IU back if they had given him more of a chance.

And it’s interesting that you would rather have all these disappointing seasons in that timeframe with all these great recruits and missing the tourney 5 straight years and missing it on avg every other. It’s been 15 years since IU has made it the dance 3 years in a row. That should not happen for a program like IU. Again, maybe had you kept Crean, it wouldn’t have been this long.

At least you guys remember the good ol days. It’s gotta be real tough on the fans that have no recollection of IU being good and only are able to imagine what used to be from the stories from back in the day.

Not bragging at all. Just pointing out that it’s been better results—call it Crean results, although they’re better than his, than what IU has had for quite some time. Crean actually probably would have brought IU back if they had given him more of a chance.

And it’s interesting that you would rather have all these disappointing seasons in that timeframe with all these great recruits and missing the tourney 5 straight years and missing it on avg every other. It’s been 15 years since IU has made it the dance 3 years in a row. That should not happen for a program like IU. Again, maybe had you kept Crean, it wouldn’t have been this long.

At least you guys remember the good ol days. It’s gotta be real tough on the fans that have no recollection of IU being good and only are able to imagine what used to be from the stories from back in the day.
It’s hilarious watching a Purdue fan referring an IU fan back to the “good ol days” when Purdue hasn’t had a single “good day” in the entire existence of its program. Win a game outside November that matters and then come back here. It’ll be your first.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Your program hasn’t done an ounce of shit on the national stage the last 20 years that warrants you shit posting on somebody else’s board, let alone IU’s. In fact, Purdue’s done more harm than good to their national image in your lifetime. Nobody outside the 765 gives a hoot about Purdue or knows that Purdue exists other than to chronically underachieve in March.
You know that’s a lie. 1st big ten team to ever be ranked 1 in 3 straight years makes everyone else every much aware of how the program is doing. 4 S16s and an E8, a play away from a F4 also makes ppl aware of Purdue. A top 10 recruiting class shows ppl are aware of Purdue outside of the 765.

IU has also underachieved in the postseason and even does in the regular season.

And shitposting? I just said a player on Purdue had similar, if not better stats than a player you said was great—which kolek is. And then Middawg took it to another place. Speaking of shitposting, he hasn’t been posting much anymore with his awful takes.

But anyways, I know you have hatred for Purdue and I like that, keeps the rivalry fun.

• Haha
It’s hilarious watching a Purdue referring an IU fan back to the “good ol days” when Purdue hasn’t had a single “good day” in the entire existence of its program. Win a game outside November that matters and then come back here. It’ll be your first.
Bama was a good start…I know you guys don’t think that’s a good win. Crazy they shot half of the threes in one game that IU has total on the year!

But if we can’t be Arizona (gonna be real tough since they’re looking good), we may have to wait until March since the B1G won’t have any quality teams to beat (maybe Illinois or Wisconsin?).

So, whenever we do I will let you know…could be this year or next though 😂.

And there have been plenty of good days, for me as a fan at least. Been some bad ones too just like IU (and yeah not as bad as FDU tho 😂). Again, I don’t remember IU being dominant, since I haven’t been around to remember those days. I’m glad you’re able to know them.

You seem to have some pretty serious observation issues. Not a single soul on this board is happy about where IU is or has been the last twenty years. IU fans find the results unacceptable. Nobody is making the argument that IU has been good or even better than Purdue in recent years ( although we have beaten your asses 3 of the past 4 and swept you last year). Literally no one on this fan board as an IU fan is making the argument that IU is a good basketball team or has been a good basketball program in this century. We are simply reminding your stupid ass that your team has its own limitations and that the players you want us to believe are exceptional are really nothing special. Purdue's performance in the NCAAT is nothing short of embarrassing of late, and seriously underwhelming for the past 43 years.

But as you so clearly demonstrate here, the only ambition Boiler fans have is to beat IU and finish higher in the conference than IU. That's what we find pathetic. And fwiw, Braden Smith singlehandedly pissed away the Northwestern game with about four boneheaded plays late. He also cannot defend elite guards, nor can he break down an elite defender. He's a decent player at this stage of his career, nothing more. Without Edey, that team in W. Laffy is a .500 team. If he should get hurt, the rest of that team would struggle to finish in the top half of the conference. He's a generational player with a competent supporting cast.

You seem to have some pretty serious observation issues. Not a single soul on this board is happy about where IU is or has been the last twenty years. IU fans find the results unacceptable. Nobody is making the argument that IU has been good or even better than Purdue in recent years ( although we have beaten your asses 3 of the past 4 and swept you last year). Literally no one on this fan board as an IU fan is making the argument that IU is a good basketball team or has been a good basketball program in this century. We are simply reminding your stupid ass that your team has its own limitations and that the players you want us to believe are exceptional are really nothing special. Purdue's performance in the NCAAT is nothing short of embarrassing of late, and seriously underwhelming for the past 43 years.

But as you so clearly demonstrate here, the only ambition Boiler fans have is to beat IU and finish higher in the conference than IU. That's what we find pathetic. And fwiw, Braden Smith singlehandedly pissed away the Northwestern game with about four boneheaded plays late. He also cannot defend elite guards, nor can he break down an elite defender. He's a decent player at this stage of his career, nothing more. Without Edey, that team in W. Laffy is a .500 team. If he should get hurt, the rest of that team would struggle to finish in the top half of the conference. He's a generational player with a competent supporting cast.
Agreed and well aware this board doesnt like the team...well there’s some that still have hope. And it is pretty great that Purdue has done what it’s done (outside the double digit losses, although Saint Peters had beaten UK and Murray state before Purdue in the S16) with the players they get. Itd be great to get the players IU does.

I don’t like the whole “take away the best player” argument though. Could say that about TJD last year or Ware this year for IU or take away curry on GSW. Of course the team wouldn’t be as good.

And it’s always good to beat IU, but don’t really care if we do. It doesn’t mean much as before. And the fan base is finally waking up and wanting more than that, as well as winning B1G championships and BTTs. Lots of ppl wanted painter fired last year and wanted him fired after the NU game this year. Bout time they woke up and wanted more. But Will we break through? Hopefully, but who knows if Painter can finally figure out how to get to a F4 and not shit the bed. The players have to perform as well, so we will see if it turns out any better than last year (it should or at least get to the next round 😂).

For a low recruit, I’m pretty sure Braden has and is holding his own so far this year. He did piss away that game vs NU, but hopefully it gets corrected going forward. He is only 10 games into his sophomore year and is improving in all areas. He’d have filled in nicely with JHS sliding to the 2 last year and would help out this year by giving some scoring in the backcourt and running point. Would you agree or no?

You know that’s a lie. 1st big ten team to ever be ranked 1 in 3 straight years makes everyone else every much aware of how the program is doing. 4 S16s and an E8, a play away from a F4 also makes ppl aware of Purdue. A top 10 recruiting class shows ppl are aware of Purdue outside of the 765.

IU has also underachieved in the postseason and even does in the regular season.

And shitposting? I just said a player on Purdue had similar, if not better stats than a player you said was great—which kolek is. And then Middawg took it to another place. Speaking of shitposting, he hasn’t been posting much anymore with his awful takes.

But anyways, I know you have hatred for Purdue and I like that, keeps the rivalry fun.
Read the effing room, I was talking about A/TO ratio of a returning AA guard to that of an IU player and you went into a tailspin listing Purdue feats that nobody outside Purdue cares about.

You seriously think anyone from Kansas or Kentucky or North Carolina give two shits about Purdue being ranked #1 in 3 straight years? 4 S16 and an EE? Oh my hang a banner. Nobody outside Purdue measures their **** in S16 appearances.

Your point is IU should have kept Crean and you are good with those results. Agree to disagree. You are going to have a hard time finding a choir to preach to on here.

I think you put too much emphasis on the Archie Miller tenure. I get it, but that was only 4 years. It is called not settling for mediocrity and holding coaches accountable.

PU has no good old days. Bob Knight went to more Final Fours as a player than PU ever has. F*** off.

Last edited:
Read the effing room, I was talking about A/TO ratio of a returning AA guard to that of an IU player and you went into a tailspin listing Purdue feats that nobody outside Purdue cares about.

You seriously think anyone from Kansas or Kentucky or North Carolina give two shits about Purdue being ranked #1 in 3 straight years? 4 S16 and an EE? Oh my hang a banner. Nobody outside Purdue measures their **** in S16 appearances.
FDU was a #16 seed and the worst loss in NCAAT history. St. Peter's was a #15 seed. Mean Green was a #13 seed. Quite the comparison to RMK in the 1970's.

And there have been plenty of good days, for me as a fan at least. Been some bad ones too just like IU (and yeah not as bad as FDU tho 😂). Again, I don’t remember IU being dominant, since I haven’t been around to remember those days. I’m glad you’re able to know them.
Again, you speak as if Purdue is in the same stratosphere today as IU once was. When I was your age, IU was literally the best college program in America. Purdue is a good team in a conference that hasn’t been relevant in two decades. Big effing deal. Your good days are watching Purdue beat a non-conference opponent before December.

Again, you speak as if Purdue is in the same stratosphere today as IU once was. When I was your age, IU was literally the best college program in America. Purdue is a good team in a conference that hasn’t been relevant in two decades. Big effing deal.
It is Crean results. He's bragging about and arguing for keeping Crean results around for 20 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT