ADVERTISEMENT

Future scheduling

IU Scott

Hall of Famer
Jun 28, 2014
Greenfield Indiana
I was wondering if we get a new coach they will bring a new philosophy to the non conference scheduling. Is Crean or Glass responsible for the non conference schedule so hopefully a new coach will upgrade the schedule.

I was wondering if we get a new coach they will bring a new philosophy to the non conference scheduling. Is Crean or Glass responsible for the non conference schedule so hopefully a new coach will upgrade the schedule.
Glass has said that he allows TC a lot of latitude with the schedule. I think FG handles the big money games and TC handles the rest

Greg Shaheen basically called us out on the radio today. He said our poor schedule hurts us when comparing bubble teams. Such a shame

Crean needs those wins to boost his portfolio. If they had another loss to someone like Illinois State they would have gone into the Louisville game with some pressure on Crean. He tries to get as many gimmies as he can to gain momentum and try to generate something positive.

I will say that it is not totally without merit. If you aren't confident that you will be good enough to compete with teams, then I guess it is a strategy to help get needed wins on the tally. Got to get to 18-20 wins overall to be considered for the NCAA. But personally, I don't like it because I want IU to believe that they CAN compete, and that those games can build toughness, especially road games.

Imagine a true early road game at Marquette, for example. Woah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT