ADVERTISEMENT

From ESPN. No surprise at all.

Definitely works for me.

The result presumably would also give Illinois a win by forfeit. That would mean Illinois getting a nice thing and Illinois can't have nice things, not per the B1G, but the immutable laws of physics.

I'll give up the turtle for a year for a chance to play for the championship.

We have 90% of out team back next year. This is just one more thing to play for. A packed memorial stadium with two highly ranked teams on the field.

Reactions: kkott
The rules where for everyone else except OSU.
Just another reason to hate OSU.

Many years back, I attended an IU/OSU game in Columbus with a large group of well-behaved IU fans. IU had a bad team, we were no threat to OSU and we (the IU fans) certainly were not looking for trouble. It was the worst stadium experience of my life. We were harassed the entire game by the OSU fans, with garbage thrown at us and nonstop ridicule.

Will never forget that day, and will despise OSU till my last breath.

While that will never happen, I'm pretty sure a huge majority of fans of every other B1G school would be happy to watch you go. Call it envy if you want, it would just be nice to never again have to come in contact with the most obnoxious fanbase in America.
Wait, what? UK moved to the B10? When?

I'm pretty sure most Buckeyes would support Indiana or anyone else who beat us h2h to be in the CCG. It isn't a CCG if the only undefeated team was left out. Especially if they could just lose and game and be in. Would make no sense.

I don’t think that is the premise here. You are a big talker about votes before the season and who voted for what. What about the fact that all presidents, including OSU’s brain trust, that voted on and signed off on the rules.
I guess votes and agreements only matter if they support your cause?
Rules are rules. Now you want to go ahead and start changing them?

Reactions: DANC

Many years back, I attended an IU/OSU game in Columbus with a large group of well-behaved IU fans. IU had a bad team, we were no threat to OSU and we (the IU fans) certainly were not looking for trouble. It was the worst stadium experience of my life. We were harassed the entire game by the OSU fans, with garbage thrown at us and nonstop ridicule.

Dont buy tickets in the student section and wear opposing team colors.

I don’t think that is the premise here. You are a big talker about votes before the season and who voted for what. What about the fact that all presidents, including OSU’s brain trust, that voted on and signed off on the rules.
I guess votes and agreements only matter if they support your cause?
Rules are rules. Now you want to go ahead and start changing them?

Changed them twice already why not a 3rd. This is clearly an unintended consequence, doesn't mean you're obligated to shoot yourself in the proverbial foot.

Most likely Nick614 and several thousand of his clones who have zero sense of decorum.

Changed them twice already why not a 3rd. This is clearly an unintended consequence, doesn't mean you're obligated to shoot yourself in the proverbial foot.
Again - if the rule was in place, it should be honored. Do you have any honor? Likely not.

Live in a bubble much? Lol.

You need to get outside of Columbus. That has been going on for years.

How many OSU games have you been to? I've lost count on my end. The only time I've ever even seen "anything" was drunk students yelling at Penn St fans that were sitting in the student section.

How many OSU games have you been to? I've lost count on my end. The only time I've ever even seen "anything" was drunk students yelling at Penn St fans that were sitting in the student section.
That’s why it’s called a “bubble.”

You’re insulated and with blinders.

That’s why it’s called a “bubble.”

You’re insulated and with blinders.

I have blinders to the behavior of Ohio State fans at Ohio Stadium because I frequently go to Ohio State games at Ohio stadium and I should travel to other places to not be insulated?

Got it...

Funny you say that, I think OSU should leave the Big Ten. Most of you idiots (schools) voted to not play this season and OSU would make more money on its own.

I would be for that as it would increase the academic standing for the conference.

Replacing that $25 mil a year from BTN will be easy lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
When this controversy began brewing yesterday I felt the same way, and I am not a fan of championships with asterisks. Certainly OSU can make the case that their situation is no fault of their own. I don't blame OSU at all for feeling like they have a case to be made.

But if you want to play the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" game at some point down the road, don't create a rule to begin with. Plan ahead and create loopholes, contingencies, or caveats - but don't put it on paper if you think there is any possibility you might change your mind. Because then you screw somebody (or everybody) else.

Yes, OSU would likely be 7-0 at this point. But they might be 5-2. They might have had key players injured in those cancelled games prior to playing IU and lost to IU. They might have had their own Covid outbreak and been unable to play us had they played those games. The "might haves" are infinite.

So if you committed yourself to a rule at the outset, honor the f@#king rule. Otherwise you have no honor. And nothing is worse in sports than being dishonorable. Especially true for an organization like the Big Ten that claims to have such lofty ideals.

Well stated.

Think the reasonable folks can seemingly agree on the following:
-Was not OSU's fault other schools cancelled
-OSU did beat IU H2H
-But one can't guarantee Fields doesn't get hurt or a "fluke" loss could have happened to OSU
-B10 Office looks really bad for poor planning, setting "rules" that apparently don't mean anything and yes, not having good contingency or overall planning skills for this season, including starting so late and not building in bye weeks.

At this point, I'd just like to see IU enjoy now this "bye week" and rest up a bit. Then go to work preparing for I presume Iowa - which will be a tough game. Hopefully get a great win there. And then enjoy a Jan 1 bowl and keep building from there!

Dont buy tickets in the student section and wear opposing team colors.
Nice try.I was spit on and flipped off by a 12 yr old kid while the dad laughed and high fived him.
Oh yeah,the dad had a string of nuts hanging around his neck,which tells you a lot about his mentality.
Did I mention that the game was at IU?
Y’all are pathetic,arrogant jerks,yes all of you.

Well stated.

Think the reasonable folks can seemingly agree on the following:
-Was not OSU's fault other schools cancelled
-OSU did beat IU H2H
-But one can't guarantee Fields doesn't get hurt or a "fluke" loss could have happened to OSU
-B10 Office looks really bad for poor planning, setting "rules" that apparently don't mean anything and yes, not having good contingency or overall planning skills for this season, including starting so late and not building in bye weeks.

At this point, I'd just like to see IU enjoy now this "bye week" and rest up a bit. Then go to work preparing for I presume Iowa - which will be a tough game. Hopefully get a great win there. And then enjoy a Jan 1 bowl and keep building from there!

Thanks but remember OSU could have had a fluke loss and still been in the CCG since H2H is the first tie breaker.

“They think it’s fun to flip cars, to really have absolute drunken orgies. … I don’t want to be at a place that has this kind of culture as a norm,” Holbrook also stated in the interview.

Nothing like a 2 decade+ old quote to justify your opinion.

You were the one who said I was making stuff up. There’s your proof.

So a quote that may or may not be true from the early 2000s is proof that Ohio Stadium is a terrible place to go as visitor because there is going to be a riot and assaults?

• Haha
Reactions: CC Mac
So a quote that may or may not be true from the early 2000s is proof that Ohio Stadium is a terrible place to go as visitor because there is going to be a riot and assaults?
No. You are getting the quotes messed up - Here’s what the OSU President said about your rioting

While on an interview at Florida Gulf Coast University, Holbrook was quoted as saying about Ohio State, "When you win a game, you riot. When you lose a game, you riot. When spring comes, you riot. African-American Heritage Festival weekend, you riot."

No. You are getting the quotes messed up - Here’s what the OSU President said about your rioting

While on an interview at Florida Gulf Coast University, Holbrook was quoted as saying about Ohio State, "When you win a game, you riot. When you lose a game, you riot. When spring comes, you riot. African-American Heritage Festival weekend, you riot."

I think all the crayons have caught up to you

Come on now,get your head out the sand.
Ask any Big 10 fan that has been to a game there,they will tell you what an awful experience it is.
My wife refuses to go to the Ohio St game when it’s at IU LOL
The last time there was a lady yelling ‘break his fkn neck’ when we had the ball.
I was actually laughing at her and her husband who had eye black and sweat bands on was rocking back and forth every time something didn’t go his way.,it was quite entertaining.

Reactions: Kelper
Come on now,get your head out the sand.
Ask any Big 10 fan that has been to a game there,they will tell you what an awful experience it is.
My wife refuses to go to the Ohio St game when it’s at IU LOL
The last time there was a lady yelling ‘break his fkn neck’ when we had the ball.
I was actually laughing at her and her husband who had eye black and sweat bands on was rocking back and forth every time something didn’t go his way.,it was quite entertaining.

Who likes driving hours to watch a blowout?

I think all the crayons have caught up to you
I see the apple has not fallen far from the tree with both mommy and daddy connected to OSU.
Parents teach kids character....which, obviously, your two failed miserably in life. You need to go back and talk with them...really talk about how they short-changed you mental character

Anyone else sick and tired of all the BS the B10 gets away with just to make $!? Im in favor of IU leaving this bs conference once and for all! Id almost rather IU become an Independent than get hosed by B10 bs and their BS officials! Sick of this BS, just sick of it!

Anyone else sick and tired of all the BS the B10 gets away with just to make $!? Im in favor of IU leaving this bs conference once and for all! Id almost rather IU become an Independent than get hosed by B10 bs and their BS officials! Sick of this BS, just sick of it!
I share your frustration but I think it's conference leadership that needs to leave. Warren is weak, Alvarez has far too much clout, and Barta either is in way over his head, has an anti-IU bias, or is simply clueless. It is incomprehensible that IU is not in the CFP Top 10. Absolutely insane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT