ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you who hate Allen for being pro religion...

Do not respond to my posts. Put me on ignore as you have sworn to do
I’ve made no such promise, as you know, but I have zero interest in watching this place turn into the hoops board. Since those of us who regularly post here do so to talk IU football, I doubt we’ll run into each other much.

I’ve made no such promise, as you know, but I have zero interest in watching this place turn into the hoops board. Since those of us who regularly post here do so to talk IU football, I doubt we’ll run into each other much.
Please stop trolling my posts. Put me on ignore and stop monitoring my post list.

Reactions: Jackskip23
I thought Ohio State went undefeated in the East, and would’ve still won the division based on the tiebreaker had they forfeited the game they didn’t play? Great season for us no matter the championship game issue, though. As an alumnus, I loved it and thought Coach Allen did a great job that season!
They didn't play enough games. The rules were changed after the fact - we won the East, based on the rules established before the season.

You can try to justify it all you want, but we won the East and were cheated out of playing for the championship, which we would have won over Northwestern.

They didn't play enough games. The rules were changed after the fact - we won the East, based on the rules established before the season.

You can try to justify it all you want, but we won the East and were cheated out of playing for the championship, which we would have won over Northwestern.
Yup

Heartbreaking ending to the ladies game. Dammit

Covid year was so good and so bad at the same time.

Played so well and then had the BTC game ripped away and lost another I on the chain when the Bucket game was cancelled

We can agree to disagree. As much as I wanted us to have a chance to play for the championship, the logic used to make the decision made perfect sense given the head to head result. Ancient history now. Only way to look is forward.

Reactions: bang63
Crowd looked really into it. Some real emotion. I hope this portends well for next year. Is Berger the only one leaving?
Not sure, with the covid year you need a speadsheet.

They have learned how to win.

I admit I am a bandwagon fan really not watching that much until this year and I was surprised at how far WBB has come. Same game as the men, just below the rim. Hooked for sure.

Not sure, with the covid year you need a speadsheet.

They have learned how to win.

I admit I am a bandwagon fan really not watching that much until this year and I was surprised at how far WBB has come. Same game as the men, just below the rim. Hooked for sure.
Same here. Not a big fan usually, but as I watch them, I really appreciate their fundamentals and good shooting. There's just something pure about the women's game that's missing in the men's.

I hope you caught the Big Ten Championship Award Ceremony last night (in whole)... It was as close to a old time big time tent revival as you can get without the advertising....

Every team in the league has latched onto "Love" as its mantra as soon as they noticed Tom Allen was getting press and early results with it (I personally loved it when he who was asked to replace a guy already on third and now "thinks he hit a triple" coach at "the" ohio $tate, Ryan Day, was immediately quoted in their tunnel about how their Team loved one another sooo much and it had become the foundation of all they do... Oddly enough this was just moments after we had played them really close at home a couple of years back 🤣...)
LEO can be powerful when the players develop it on their own. Coaches can't force them to play for each other but they can recruit players that play that way in high school. It is hard to see that from the outside. Teammates recognize those that sacrifice for the good of the team and put winning above everything.

I don't believe LEO took hold the last couple of years. Our OL came off the field and stared straight ahead with no talking to each other or other players. Nobody tried to fire up each other up and nobody wanted anything to do with them. I've never seen more zombie-like behavior on the sideline. No leadership, accountability, or pride in their performance. That is the first thing I would address. Our team sucked because our OL sucked and they didn't seem to care.

I wondered this year what our players thought when they saw the player they were supposed to block making a sack or a tackle behind the LOS.

LEO can be powerful when the players develop it on their own. Coaches can't force them to play for each other but they can recruit players that play that way in high school. It is hard to see that from the outside. Teammates recognize those that sacrifice for the good of the team and put winning above everything.

I don't believe LEO took hold the last couple of years. Our OL came off the field and stared straight ahead with no talking to each other or other players. Nobody tried to fire up each other up and nobody wanted anything to do with them. I've never seen more zombie-like behavior on the sideline. No leadership, accountability, or pride in their performance. That is the first thing I would address. Our team sucked because our OL sucked and they didn't seem to care.

I wondered this year what our players thought when they saw the player they were supposed to block making a sack or a tackle behind the LOS.
I agree that the body language on the side lines of late has not reflected the LEO vibe we saw in the past. The pre game speeches
from TA seemed a bit cringe and not eliciting the response he probably wanted.

Work to do

As I’ve said, LEO or its ideals were a part of every team I played on, so the concepts are well known. My experience has always been that it works best when it’s essentially led by the players, like we saw in 2020. Hope we’re headed back to that spot. Go Hoosiers.

Disagreement isn't hate, it's just a position on a topic. I don't "hate" CTA and I think he is a great person but not a coach to get us to the top half of the B1G.
AFA the LEO part imo Allen is using it as a gimmick. The LEO concept is common in most team settings, military, sports , employment etc and the mantra is wearing thin.

Disagreement isn't hate, it's just a position on a topic. I don't "hate" CTA and I think he is a great person but not a coach to get us to the top half of the B1G.
AFA the LEO part imo Allen is using it as a gimmick. The LEO concept is common in most team settings, military, sports , employment etc and the mantra is wearing thin.
Bingo on the "gimick" just about all teams have some sort of rallying cry

We can agree to disagree. As much as I wanted us to have a chance to play for the championship, the logic used to make the decision made perfect sense given the head to head result. Ancient history now. Only way to look is forward.

IU swept PU, does that make us 2003 B1G basketball champs?

Edit: Wait a minute, NU swept IU. Now what?

Last edited:
I totally understand the frustration and also get that I have not had to live through the last two seasons. However, being a head coach in one of the top two divisions in all of college football kind of means you are really good football coach IMO.

We had some incredible opportunities this offseason. No doubt Randolph/Wellman are a huge benefit...but make no mistake...we would not be here if we were not 100% confident in Allen and our confidence has only grown since arriving.

IU swept PU, does that make us 2003 B1G basketball champs?

Edit: Wait a minute, NU swept IU. Now what?
The rule was amended when it was clear that OSU could’ve played and lost one more game and still been champions of the East. It’s why it was such a common sense decision, as much as it disappointed those of us who are fans of IU.

I totally understand the frustration and also get that I have not had to live through the last two seasons. However, being a head coach in one of the top two divisions in all of college football kind of means you are really good football coach IMO.

We had some incredible opportunities this offseason. No doubt Randolph/Wellman are a huge benefit...but make no mistake...we would not be here if we were not 100% confident in Allen and our confidence has only grown since arriving.
Interested in your thoughts regarding Wellman. He had a tough act to follow and has a much different style with the players, but I’m pleased to hear you’re a fan.

Many fans are looking forward to what you and others can do this season. We are looking forward to another breakout season by the Hoosiers.

Interested in your thoughts regarding Wellman. He had a tough act to follow and has a much different style with the players, but I’m pleased to hear you’re a fan.
Big fans so far. We left a very good strength and conditioning staff, so this was a big part of our decision. Goals seem to be a bit more individualized than we have seen before…ie speed? Agility? Explosiveness? Where do we need to add strength? Etc. (this is our third Strength staff).

Pleased with off season. Upper body and lower body both responded well. Wellman has brought some science to us that showed he can put on 10 more pounds of lean muscle with no additional injury risk while also not negatively impacting athleticism.

I honestly can’t recall a single instance in this board where someone crapped on CTA’s religion in any manner.
Unfortunately, there have been some over his tenure but that will happen on a free board. There is one person with several posts in this thread that has regularly referred to CTA as "TheRevCoachLEO" on theit home board. Most people are respectful regardless of personal beliefs but there are those that can't manage that.

Big fans so far. We left a very good strength and conditioning staff, so this was a big part of our decision. Goals seem to be a bit more individualized than we have seen before…ie speed? Agility? Explosiveness? Where do we need to add strength? Etc. (this is our third Strength staff).

Pleased with off season. Upper body and lower body both responded well. Wellman has brought some science to us that showed he can put on 10 more pounds of lean muscle with no additional injury risk while also not negatively impacting athleticism.
While there are those that look at S&C when injuries mount, my personal opinion has always been that there are as many reasons/causes as there are injuries.

Most of the comments I have heard from coaches, parents and players regarding Aaron are consistent with yours here. Science matters.

Good to hear. I know he brought a “pro game” philosophy to the building, and it was a bit eye opening for some of the players. The decision to go lighter among certain position groups was also a new direction for some, but the uptake now seems to be good. I know the tempo issues that came with Bell have been challenging for some, but hopefully things are starting to mesh.

Last edited:
While there are those that look at S&C when injuries mount, my personal opinion has always been that there are as many reasons/causes as there are injuries.

Most of the comments I have heard from coaches, parents and players regarding Aaron are consistent with yours here. Science matters.

Following the 2021 season, a third party was brought in to evaluate Wellman and the S&C program. Their consensus was that IU's injuries were simply a result of bad luck and not anything that Wellman was or was not doing.

Following the 2021 season, a third party was brought in to evaluate Wellman and the S&C program. Their consensus was that IU's injuries were simply a result of bad luck and not anything that Wellman was or was not doing.
I did not see the subject report but that has always been my take.
20 injuries with 20 different causes.

Aaron has changed the thinking and processes, science matters.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT