ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you who hate Allen for being pro religion...

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
I hope you caught the Big Ten Championship Award Ceremony last night (in whole)... It was as close to a old time big time tent revival as you can get without the advertising....

Every team in the league has latched onto "Love" as its mantra as soon as they noticed Tom Allen was getting press and early results with it (I personally loved it when he who was asked to replace a guy already on third and now "thinks he hit a triple" coach at "the" ohio $tate, Ryan Day, was immediately quoted in their tunnel about how their Team loved one another sooo much and it had become the foundation of all they do... Oddly enough this was just moments after we had played them really close at home a couple of years back 🤣...)

Last edited:
Yes, there are religious haters out there and I don't like that they are. Yes, more teams are taking Allen's Leo for their teams. I am not a religious person but have a connection to God personally not to a church.

Bell didn't really use TE's in passing plays and sent them to the flats until MSU in the endzone and it is costing IU to lose a very good TE that can catch and Run with the ball. If he ran the plays, he did in the OT against MSU on the field Barner would still be here. Bell favors his recruits and put Williams on #3 team practicing on air which didn't really improve him for the passing games. Williams was on target with the two pass plays in the OT we didn't see before.

Last edited:
These guys live the #LEO out, and don't expect anything in return. We had a family emergency in Bloomington a little over a month ago. Coach Allen was on his way to the hospital within minutes and stayed until the situation stabilized. No social media posts...not even a mention of this in any team meetings.

We have not been a part of the IU Football family very long at all, but I can already share several stories of multiple coaches (and their families) showing these young men what it looks like to serve and sacrifice for family. I promise, at least with us, this resonates on the football field as well.

Make no mistake, we came to IU to win a Big 10 Championship. However, I sleep much better at night knowing the real culture of this program.

Last edited:
These guys live the #LEO out, and don't expect anything in return. We had a family emergency in Bloomington a little over a month ago. Coach Allen was on his way to the hospital within minutes and stayed until the situation stabilized. No social media posts...not even a mention of this in any team meetings.

We have not been a part of the IU Football family very long at all, but I can already share several stories of multiple coaches (and their families) showing these young men what it looks like to serve and sacrifice for family. I promise, at least with us, this resonates on the football field as well.

Make no mistake, we came to IU to win a Big 10 Championship. However, I sleep much better at night knowing the real culture of this program.
I live in Bloomington ... Coach Allen's quality is known in this community.

Your feelings and experiences are shared among many in and around the program. Win or lose.

...Outstanding...but just what I'd expect of a staff of this upright culture...love it...

The entire premise of the original post is off base in my opinion. There might be a very small minority of fans that object to CTA's religious slant. I would say the vast majority are either indifferent or supportive. It's the boneheaded decisions they hate. I believe almost all would agree that he is a good man.

The entire premise of the original post is off base in my opinion. There might be a very small minority of fans that object to CTA's religious slant. I would say the vast majority are either indifferent or supportive. It's the boneheaded decisions they hate. I believe almost all would agree that he is a good man.
Many including myself separated the LEO culture from the religious aspects right away. Others have not in both negative and positive perspectives.

LEO is a philosophy. It certainly is not a religion. Related to that I have absolutely no idea what was going on in Tom Allen's mind when he removed the Big 10 patch from the team uniforms and replaced it with LEO.

I don't think that Big 10 gods appreciated that. Because the Hoosiers went from a respectable program to an embarrassment on that very day and it hasn't changed since.

Does anyone think that Scott Dolson want woke up one morning and said well I think I should give Tom Allen a few more million dollars every year. Or do you think Tom Allen sat down with his agent and they decided that this was the right moment to extort the Hoosiers with that ridiculous contract.

And now the fan base is ponying up money to keep the players while Tom Allen tries to expand his brilliance by doing things like not scrimmaging. This has nothing to do with religion. I'm just tired of watching the program tank time and time again over 40 plus years.

I am a bit suspect about LEO though with all of the players and coaches who have fled the program. When it comes to love, everybody loves a winner

Last edited:
Baylor Basketball culture identification established by Coach Scott Drew, "JOY"
'Jesus' 'Others' 'Yourself'. There's a NC in their somewhere. Previous Baylor history was obscene. Basketball because of roster numbers not the sizable mountain FB presents. March on Coach Allen and LEO.

Baylor Basketball culture identification established by Coach Scott Drew, "JOY"
'Jesus' 'Others' 'Yourself'. There's a NC in their somewhere. Previous Baylor history was obscene. Basketball because of roster numbers not the sizable mountain FB presents. March on Coach Allen and LEO.
So? Baylor, as most are aware, is a private Baptist university. The invocation of overtly religious ideals is perfectly appropriate in that setting. Who is arguing against Coach Allen’s expression of his religious beliefs?

Yes, there are religious haters out there and I don't like that they are. Yes, more teams are taking Allen's Leo for their teams. I am not a religious person but have a connection to God personally not to a church.

Bell didn't really use TE's in passing plays and sent them to the flats until MSU in the endzone and it is costing IU to lose a very good TE that can catch and Run with the ball. If he ran the plays, he did in the OT against MSU on the field Barner would still be here. Bell favors his recruits and put Williams on #3 team practicing on air which didn't really improve him for the passing games. Williams was on target with the two pass plays in the OT we didn't see before.
Well that post took quite a turn…

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
No one, so it's questionable why your retort. Arrogance in full bloom.
There are several posts in this thread that specifically allude to Coach Allen’s religion and the apparent response by some to it, so ”No one” seems incorrect. You proposed an analog using Coach Drew at Baylor. Just being factual. I certainly don’t object to it.

LEO is a philosophy. It certainly is not a religion. Related to that I have absolutely no idea what was going on in Tom Allen's mind when he removed the Big 10 patch from the team uniforms and replaced it with LEO.

I don't think that Big 10 gods appreciated that. Because the Hoosiers went from a respectable program to an embarrassment on that very day and it hasn't changed since.

Does anyone think that Scott Dolson want woke up one morning and said well I think I should give Tom Allen a few more million dollars every year. Or do you think Tom Allen sat down with his agent and they decided that this was the right moment to extort the Hoosiers with that ridiculous contract.

And now the fan base is ponying up money to keep the players while Tom Allen tries to expand his brilliance by doing things like not scrimmaging. This has nothing to do with religion. I'm just tired of watching the program tank time and time again over 40 plus years.

I am a bit suspect about LEO though with all of the players and coaches who have fled the program. When it comes to love, everybody loves a winner
It's not that difficult to figure out - he took off the B1G logo after we got ****ed out of the 2000 B1G football playoff game.

It's not that difficult to figure out - he took off the B1G logo after we got ****ed out of the 2000 B1G football playoff game.
Doesn't justify taking the Big 10 logo off. It is the Big ten television contract that's responsible for Allen making all of that money that he does not deserve.

Reactions: Kelper and Indyhorn
If I recall correctly the issue was that, because of covid cancellations, Ohio state was one game short of playing the minimum number of games to qualify for the championship game.

Some Big ten committee looked at the situation and said that if Ohio State had played one more game and lost it they still would have been chosen because they had beaten Indiana.

I'm not making a judgment about whether or not Indiana should have been in the championship game. I'm just saying that Tom Allen acted juvenile with his pouting.

The issue was with other B1G coaches. In the coaches poll, every Big 12 coach had Iowa State ahead of Indiana. Coaches outside of the B1G were 60-40ish in favor of Indiana, but, notably, Mel Tucker (whom we shut out at his place) and Pat Fitzgerald voted ISU over Indiana. That was compounded by Iowa AD, Gary Barta, shitting on Indiana as head of the committee. This cost us a spot in a NY6 bowl game - the Fiesta Bowl. Indiana was absolutely ambushed by their "brethren" and had every right to be furious. How they should have responded is pointless conjecture at this point, IMO. Although, it certainly wasn't to go 2-16 in the league the next two seasons.

I honestly can’t recall a single instance in this board where someone crapped on CTA’s religion in any manner.

All kinds of haters of LEO. I am decidedly NOT one of those people because, while it’s his branding, the principles of LEO are what all team efforts preach, from military to sports to regular jobs. I’ve never heard a leader of a successful team credit their success to the selfishness of their players to achieve individual glory.

If I recall correctly the issue was that, because of covid cancellations, Ohio state was one game short of playing the minimum number of games to qualify for the championship game.

Some Big ten committee looked at the situation and said that if Ohio State had played one more game and lost it they still would have been chosen because they had beaten Indiana.

I'm not making a judgment about whether or not Indiana should have been in the championship game. I'm just saying that Tom Allen acted juvenile with his pouting.
What happened is this:

Rules were established and agreed upon.

These rules were later changed in-season that benefited one team at the expense of another

IU played within the established rules and should have been the East champion, playing in the playoff game. O$U didn't play the required number of games and shouldn't have been qualified to play in the game. Period.

Anything else is just regurgitation of the justifying getting screwed by the Big Ten and O$U - but I repeat myself.

Allen - and IU - was fully justified in removing the Big Ten patch.

IU played within the established rules and should have been the East champion, playing in the playoff game. O$U didn't play the required number of games and shouldn't have been qualified to play in the game. Period.

Anything else is just regurgitation of the justifying getting screwed by the Big Ten and O$U - but I repeat myself.

Allen - and IU - was fully justified in removing the Big Ten patch.
Given the unique nature of the season, I’m not sure anything made sense other than the goal of making sure the best team from the BiG East played in the Championship game. However imperfect the process, shouldn’t that be the overriding objective?

Hope everything is ok with the family emergency.

Thanks for the personal story about Coach Allen and the staff. Good to hear.

Given the unique nature of the season, I’m not sure anything made sense other than the goal of making sure the best team from the BiG East played in the Championship game. However imperfect the process, shouldn’t that be the overriding objective?
No, that's not the 'objective'. The 'objective' is to have the winner of the division play the winner of the other division.

A winner is one who meets all the rules of the game.

No, that's not the 'objective'. The 'objective' is to have the winner of the division play the winner of the other division.

Right, at least to follow the rules that were set forth and agreed to by all parties. Ahia and pu fans were among the few that thought that changing the rules was the right thing to do. One becuase it helped them, the other because it screwed IU.

Maybe they were mad becuase covid affected every team in the NCAA EXCEPT IU. lololol

It’s always the objective to have the best team represent the division. Unfortunately, we ran out of time in Columbus but gave the Buckeyes a great game. It was a crazy and abbreviated season, but we had a great run!

It’s always the objective to have the best team represent the division. Unfortunately, we ran out of time in Columbus but gave the Buckeyes a great game. It was a crazy and abbreviated season, but we had a great run!
Show me where the objective is to have the best team in each division play in the title game.

Show me where the objective is to have the best team in each division play in the title game.
The objective of any endeavor such as this is to have the best team be produced via competition. It’s sometimes imperfect and that season definitely was, but that’s the objective. We had a great year that season and ended up in a fantastic New Years Day bowl.

The objective of any endeavor such as this is to have the best team be produced via competition. It’s sometimes imperfect and that season definitely was, but that’s the objective. We had a great year that season and ended up in a fantastic New Years Day bowl.
No, it says nothing about the best team. It says the winners in each division play each other.

We were the winner in the East.

The rules were discussed,and agreed to by all parties. Fanboi justification for what was done comes in two flavors: Ahia wanted to play in the game, pu didn't want us to.

Both will work hard to justify it, the latter will twist themselves into pretzels to justify it.

The rules were discussed,and agreed to by all parties. Fanboi justification for what was done comes in two flavors: Ahia wanted to play in the game, pu didn't want us to.

Both will work hard to justify it, the latter will twist themselves into pretzels to justify it.
I understand why Ohio State would’ve wanted to prevail over us but I’m don’t understand your Purdue angle over us. They weren’t in contention. Do you have a link that explains their objection over us?

No, it says nothing about the best team. It says the winners in each division play each other.

We were the winner in the East.
I thought Ohio State went undefeated in the East, and would’ve still won the division based on the tiebreaker had they forfeited the game they didn’t play? Great season for us no matter the championship game issue, though. As an alumnus, I loved it and thought Coach Allen did a great job that season!

I understand why Ohio State would’ve wanted to prevail over us but I’m don’t understand your Purdue angle over us. They weren’t in contention. Do you have a link that explains their objection over us?
I thought you put me on ignore as you have said you would so many times over the years and under ao many of your usernames

You can also stop monitoring my post list each day

Please do so and do not respond to my posts

I thought you put me on ignore as you have said you would so many times over the years and under ao many of your usernames

You can also stop monitoring my post list each day

Please do so and do not respond to my posts
I’ve never made that promise, nor did I realize there was a “post list”. Where is it? I’ll respond to any post while always following the rules of the forum, which I do religiously. As a long time IU fan and alumnus, I enjoy exchanging thoughts regarding our football program with other fans. That’s what makes this particular forum enjoyable.

I’ve never made that promise, nor did I realize there was a “post list”. Where is it? I’ll respond to any post while always following the rules of the forum, which I do religiously. As a long time IU fan and alumnus, I enjoy exchanging thoughts regarding our football program with other fans. That’s what makes this particular forum enjoyable.
Do not respond to my posts. Put me on ignore as you have sworn to do. No need to monitor my posts.

• Love
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT