ADVERTISEMENT

Football starts tomorrow!!!

Bring on the games of the 2021 College Football season.

In future seasons, looks like less Big Ten football is coming.

9 games to 8. End of divisions and could we see a Championship Week be launched?

Reactions: vesuvius13
I wonder how many players will be carted off with heat stroke?
I'm worried about that for our game..!

I'm hoping we wear white helmets and put our guys under shade tentage on the side line (not to mention the usual hydration protocols).

I thought the heat on the field had a lot to do with our Bowl game loss...

Last edited:
It should be a good game in Champaign. I think Nebraska finds a way to win, in the end. But, never say never for Bret Bielema.

Bret Bielema, as an assistant and as a head coach has been on both sides against Nebraska.

He is 2-1 as a head coach I believe and 0-2 as an assistant in the Big Ten. He also would have experienced K-State vs. Nebraska battles.

At K-State, Bill Snyder was rolling back then. But, Illinois wasn't under Lovie Smith, with one win in Lincoln.

I'm worried about that for our game..!

I'm hoping we wear them white helmets and put our guys under shade tentage on the side line (not to mention the usual hydration protocols).

I thought the heat on the field had a lot to do with our Bowl game loss...

Temps in low 80s at Kinnick Stadium.

One can suspect Tom Allen and Kirk Ferentz have had their players out in hotter conditions this August camp.

Yes, we can see some of your concerns.

Does it help the offense or defense more?

It should be an interesting aspect in what should be an outstanding B1G opener: #17 vs. #18.

New era in 2021 for Iowa.

Temps in low 80s at Kinnick Stadium.

One can suspect Tom Allen and Kirk Ferentz have had their players out in hotter conditions this August camp.

Yes, we can see some of your concerns.

Does it help the offense or defense more?

It should be an interesting aspect in what should be an outstanding B1G opener: #17 vs. #18.

New era in 2021 for Iowa.
83 degrees in the stands can translate to the high 90's on the field after it's baked all day long... Add pads and a helmet and you have the individual player working in a "feels like" environment of the low 100's...

Last edited:
Silly me, I thought the IU game was today. Planned my whole morning with thoughts of finishing chores in time to spend the afternoon glued to the tube. Didn’t discover the folly of my mistake until 11 AM. It’s going to be another long week, the story of my life.

These are two really bad football teams.

Looks extremely doubtful that we'll being seeing Frost on the sidelines next season... (Damn [!])...

I told someone ((I believe it was "he who shall not be named" [who finally came out of the closet as a pu fan])) that Frost was overrated years ago when Troy was beating them... They've actually gotten worse, not better, in every aspect...

If I'm one of their committed recruits I'd be seriously reevaluating my options...

Frost will be lucky to last the season...

Looks extremely doubtful that we'll being seeing Frost on the sidelines next season... (Damn [!])...

I told someone ((I believe it was "he who shall not be named" [who finally came out of the closet as a pu fan])) that Frost was overrated years ago when Troy was beating them... They've actually gotten worse, not better, in every aspect...

If I'm one of their committed recruits I'd be seriously reevaluating my options...

Frost will be lucky to last the season...
I wonder if old ordy still claims that martinez is better than Penix?

I was in the car when the safety happened. I was so excited, thinking that it was all falling into place!

Listened to some national shows on the way home and it's not good conversation regarding Frost.

Those rich, cowboy alumni cannot be pleased....... or should I say they are frosted. They will make sure the contract is bought out and the new coach is well funded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT