ADVERTISEMENT

Flights - Yikes

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
I know it's statistically safer to fly than it is to drive, but damn some of this stuff is crazy.

Boeing whistle blower claims the door blowout on the Alaskan plane was due to their error on the assembly line and that their quality program isn't good.

I know it's statistically safer to fly than it is to drive, but damn some of this stuff is crazy.

Boeing whistle blower claims the door blowout on the Alaskan plane was due to their error on the assembly line and that their quality program isn't good.

Boeing is scary as shit. The McDonnell Douglas folks are rolling over in their graves. And the way they’re regulated is frightening.

Profits too tho. The Boeing people are bad news
Boeing/ Airbus have so many government contracts and so much regulatory capture that they might as well be a government agency at this point. It’s a completely non-competitive market.

Not to mention they got massive Covid bailouts as well.

We need Elon to get into the airplane manufacturing game.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
We would be so much safer if govt stayed out of it and let businesses keep us safe. We all know every company would prioritize safety over their own bottom line. No greed to see here.

I wonder if he is fine with govt intervention with disney world and the monorail.

We would be so much safer if govt stayed out of it and let businesses keep us safe. We all know every company would prioritize safety over their own bottom line. No greed to see here.

I wonder if he is fine with govt intervention with disney world and the monorail.
Government regulation is one way of providing a safer product, it’s less effective when the regulators are a bunch of Nikki Haley’s.

A better way is competition but the federal government has made sure to shield Boeing from any of that.

You are so damn dumb.

the regulators are in bed with boeing. boeing is truly a too big to fail co-opted entity. they are essentially self-regulated
I don't disagree mainly because I don't know enough about it Boeing and their setup. Not sure this would help Gigs point though.

200.gif

Boeing/ Airbus have so many government contracts and so much regulatory capture that they might as well be a government agency at this point. It’s a completely non-competitive market.

Not to mention they got massive Covid bailouts as well.

We need Elon to get into the airplane manufacturing game.

Last edited:
Profits too tho. The Boeing people are bad news
I really believe that a lot of the problems with Boeing and all big companies is that the higher ups get a bigger bonus the more money they make that year so they do things to make the income higher. Bonuses need to be structured so there's a downside in the future when bad things happen.

Reactions: DANC
I really believe that a lot of the problems with Boeing and all big companies is that the higher ups get a bigger bonus the more money they make that year so they do things to make the income higher. Bonuses need to be structured so there's a downside in the future when bad things happen.
Profit over quality certainly appears to be the culture at Boeing. Not an industry you want to hear that

In the businesses I’m involved profit has never been above quality. Sucks

Reactions: DANC
I see what you did there.
Biggest month of my life lars. I have a meeting fri with one company and a second company has requested a product review at their labs. Two biggest companies in our industry either to make us as their top supplier or acquire us completely. It’d be life changing. I feel positive too. I feel like I got shit on big time with Covid which followed by THE LOVE OF MY LIFE leaving. It’d be karma and haha all at once

Biggest month of my life lars. I have a meeting fri with one company and a second company has requested a product review at their labs. Two biggest companies in our industry either to make us as their top supplier or acquire us completely. It’d be life changing. I feel positive too. I feel like I got shit on big time with Covid which followed by THE LOVE OF MY LIFE leaving. It’d be karma and haha all at once

I really hope this works out for you, buddy.

I mean, I don't think the new guys are gonna ship me anything if you guys get your company dissolved, so I kind of need you to keep that bad boy going. 🤣
Ha!! No this isn’t the weed stuff. This is my manufacturing materials/products Pakistan shit

Which is the bigger headache.....weed or profitably priced sports wear involving overseas manufacturing?

Tough call. But I'll echo Booger (it's gonna stick now) and say good luck. Hopefully you get bought.
the manufacturing overseas i do 99% of the work. the weed i do less than 1% of the work. the weed co my best friend since first grade is the main owner and he is incredibly stressed and aggravated. i will tell you that if i can get either of these two deals done i will have my dream set up. one customer. as it stands we have a ton of angry, unhappy customers and imo any job or business that involves significant interaction with the public, whether htey be small businesses, or consumers, is a miserable business. so our set up right now is great in that i/we don't have any bosses. we're all just lifelong friends, but the customers still make it miserable because they are the public/small businesses. i'll say it again. any business that has to deal with joe bag of doughnuts sucks

but the customers still make it miserable because they are the public/small businesses
well, i can give you something that might suck at least equally:

Customers who are heavily regulated entities with compliance depts rivaled only by unanesthesized colonoscopies.

Customers who are heavily regulated entities with compliance depts rivaled only by unanesthesized colonoscopies.
Oh my god yes. That sounds awful. And that’s part of the aggravation with the weed shit. The regulations are over the top. It makes it super expensive and hard to turn a profit. You thought legal weed bam print money. But it’s not that way at all

Reactions: larsIU

i'll tell you the other problems we had is being lawyers. lawyers are the worst for business ventures. they think they can do anything and succeed, hate their jobs with a passion, and have just enough money to get something cooking, but not real money to get something really cooking! it's a recipe for disaster really

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU and DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT