ADVERTISEMENT

Flagrant 1s and Banked 3 ball.

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
Screw the 5 idiots who sat out. Stupid is as stupid does. I'm glad Woody suspended them and I liked his attitude about it all. It's a shame we had the Hunter technical, a banked in 3 ball and those two flagrant 1 fouls called on Galloway. Those were four killer plays in the second half.

I'm not a fan of the flagrant 1 calls at all. I get protecting kids from blows to the head or leveling a guy on a fast break but Galloway's flagrant 1s were just fouls as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the fact that I hate all of the slowing down of games in many sports today by refs going to the monitor to review stuff.

Screw the 5 idiots who sat out. Stupid is as stupid does. I'm glad Woody suspended them and I liked his attitude about it all. It's a shame we had the Hunter technical, a banked in 3 ball and those two flagrant 1 fouls called on Galloway. Those were four killer plays in the second half.

I'm not a fan of the flagrant 1 calls at all. I get protecting kids from blows to the head or leveling a guy on a fast break but Galloway's flagrant 1s were just fouls as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the fact that I hate all of the slowing down of games in many sports today by refs going to the monitor to review stuff.
Trey's two fouls were both fouls of execution rather than intention. He needs to place his arm over the top when they extend the arm bar rather than underneath.

The second one would have actually been a foul on Nance for the forearm had Trey not wrapped from underneath.

He was dead tired and they will adjust his move there.

I really thought Galloway looked exhausted. Some people genetically have better aerobic capacity than others.
I don’t remember much of this from school, but “Mets” or metabolically equivalents can be measured to know who can play how many minutes.
Certainly conditioning helps, but there are genetic windows of ability.
Does anybody remember this better than I?

Reactions: 76-1
Trey's two fouls were both fouls of execution rather than intention. He needs to place his arm over the top when they extend the arm bar rather than underneath.

The second one would have actually been a foul on Nance for the forearm had Trey not wrapped from underneath.

He was dead tired and they will adjust his move there.
I'm not disputing that they were fouls. They were both 100% fouls on Galloway and yes he was exhausted. I just think that giving NW two free throws on top of possession is a ridiculous rule. I get protecting players from blows to the head or hitting them middair on fast breaks but Galloways fouls weren't going to hurt anyone.

If there's one thing to learn from last night, it's that rules are rules. Violate them and pay the price.

Reactions: Torbin.Bequette
I'm not disputing that they were fouls. They were both 100% fouls on Galloway and yes he was exhausted. I just think that giving NW two free throws on top of possession is a ridiculous rule. I get protecting players from blows to the head or hitting them middair on fast breaks but Galloways fouls weren't going to hurt anyone.
When a hook and hold costs IU a Final Four run, you’ll recant.

You know in the days of sanity, pre-flagrant, a foul would be called personal or even a technical. It was a called decision made on the floor and whatever necessary compensation was doled out immediately to the violated team. The damn viewing screen was home in the family room, where it belongs, showing the ballgame being being played. No such thing as proving foolproof. All that is happening is dumbing down the refs.

I agree

While clearly not intentional by Trey the hook and hold can be a dangerous situation for both players. It wasn’t long ago a player who had a reputation for dangerous contact ended up hurting himself with such a tactic in the tournament.

I completely understand. But it is still BB, violation or not. What isn't needed is a conference which is disguise for appeasing the crowd about the call. Play ball!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT