ADVERTISEMENT

Firearms...

Chad_36

All-American
Mar 23, 2002
I have never shot or even held a gun in my life. Naturally, i don't own one either. I assume i'm in the minority. How about the rest of you guys?

Reactions: Hoops Cat
I own a couple of pistols. I've taken several defense courses. The wife even took a couple with me. I taught both my teenage girls to shoot at the range. They thought it was fun, but have no interest.

I don't carry or anything, though I have an Indiana license to do so. They spend 99% of their time locked in a safe. The pistols. Not my girls.

I bought a double barrel shotgun for home protection about 30 years ago...it has set in the closet since..I imagine the shells probably go bad after some period of time. It seemed like the best option for simplicity and least chance for me to shoot myself by mistake.

I have never shot or even held a gun in my life. Naturally, i don't own one either. I assume i'm in the minority. How about the rest of you guys?

Remington 11-87 .12 gauge semi-automatic shotgun
bird-hunter-field.jpg

Where do you store your balls when they're not in use?

Here is what is fvcked up: nobody can legitimately tell if you're joking or if that's sitting in your garage right now.

Ha! No no, it's what I carried in Iraq. The M203 (Grenade Launcher) might be the greatest weapon system ever created, at least according to me.

Now? My killing days are over. But I may or may not have a few pieces to use in case of emergency.

Reactions: Moops
When I was 7 years old my dad put me through what I think was the equivalent of the old NRA firearms safety course. From then until about 2 years later I was allowed to shoot at gun ranges but that was about it. When I was 13 I was given my dad's Winchester single shot bolt action .22 rifle, which I still have. Through the years I have shot sparingly except for when I was in the Air Force. Loved the M-14, which was often chosen by snipers in other branches of the military at that time, and respected the M-16 for its close range capabilities. For whatever reason, I have never been interested in hunting and never concerned about my personal safety to the point that I felt obliged to buy a gun. The pistols I own qualify as antiques under the federal Firearms Control Act and were inherited. If I bought a weapon for home protection, it would be a pump shotgun -- there's nothing like the sound of cocking one and your aim doesn't have to be perfect to hit your target.

Last edited:
Reactions: crossfire74
I'm married to a Canadian. She freaked out when she found a couple old junk handguns in my dad's dresser drawer after he died. Unbeknownst to me she took them to the State Police for disposal. The cop there ended up calling me and telling me one of them had some value. I sold it to a co-worker for a hundred bucks. I don't know if he stole it from me or not. I don't claim to know a damn thing about them, don't want to know anything about them, and the wife would have cleaned me out and left for the tundra if I'd kept them.

I did a lot of shooting at the range in the IMU building when in school. Now I have Browning 9 mm, Glock 9mm, Walther PPK .380, S & W 38 airweight, and a shotgun and the single shot .22 I used to train the kids.

Guns are bad and society would be better off without them.

I own several.

1864 production .58 Colt Military Rifle, 1864 production .22 Smith & Wesson model number 1 second issue rimfire revolver, 1865 production .31 Colt 1849 pocket revolver and 1862 production Manhattan Fire Arms Co. .36 Navy revolver, Series III.

All mechanically good to go.

Here is what is fvcked up: nobody can legitimately tell if you're joking or if that's sitting in your garage right now.
A1 version of the M-4 Carbine is full auto. I doubt very much he's serious.

1864 production .58 Colt Military Rifle, 1864 production .22 Smith & Wesson model number 1 second issue rimfire revolver, 1865 production .31 Colt 1849 pocket revolver and 1862 production Manhattan Fire Arms Co. .36 Navy revolver, Series III.

Nice! I have a Colt .41 in great shape, and a Colt Navy pistol with a half blown cylinder. I inherited both from my father, who inherited them from his father.

Last edited:
Reactions: Townsend
I'd like to buy a good cheap gun for deer hunting - if anyone is selling one.
I went 3 times last year in first season ever - saw about 12 deer, tons of cool birds, and had good bloody marys in ground blind, but had a borrowed gun and never a good shot.
Idk if Id ever even really pull the trigger if the chance presented, but I liked the woods especially as sunrise came.

I went 3 times last year in first season ever - saw about 12 deer, tons of cool birds, and had good bloody marys in ground blind, but had a borrowed gun and never a good shot.
Idk if Id ever even really pull the trigger if the chance presented, but I liked the woods especially as sunrise came.
are you j-sizzle?

Reactions: Moops
are you j-sizzle?
TOP DEFINITION
J-sizzle
Having great intellect in all things sarcastic and smack talkable while possessing a wit and subtle charm as not to offend.

Usually found in or around the NW Portland area (and sometimes Spokane).
OH SNAP! That was one hellacious burn J-sizzle laid on me.

Im confused - usually Urban Dictionary clears it up for me - not this time

Woods - good
Woods - Bloody Mary - good
Bloody Mary - guns - bad

Reactions: IUXC68

Damn.

Reactions: Townsend
My arsenal:

Crossman "66 POWERMASTER .177 caliber Pellet/BB Repeater" pump action. Currently loaded with "Copperhead" premium grade BBs.

What can I say, it get's the job done I need it to do.

I own a replica of a Civil War era Colt pistol that I inherited from my grandfather.I have never fired it.I haven't fired any other guns in quite awhile.

I'm like the OP; I have never fired a gun, and I never will. Guns just weren't a part of our household growing up, and they won't be going forward. That's just me.

If you choose to own a gun or a dozen, then that's cool, I have no problem with that. But, if you want to own an AK, which is designed to do only one thing, then I think you need to jump through a couple of hoops to be able to own one. Why is going through a background check, and gawd forbid, having to wait a few days, too much to ask? Not that the AK has been a part of the past five or six mass murders in the US, right?

Sorry, I guess I don't understand the resistance to that idea.

But then again, I guess I'm not a real man, as I'm not packing. I'm unpacked 24-7. Unlocked and unloaded, like a real unman. Evidently, my unballs are in cold storage, and my wife has the key. Sigh.

I guess what happened in Orlando needed a real man packing heat to prevent, right? Except, no real man would've frequented that establishment, right? Owning more guns would've prevented that from happening, right? Warning.....DWS DWS, Warning, DWS....

Reactions: TommyCracker
I'm like the OP; I have never fired a gun, and I never will. Guns just weren't a part of our household growing up, and they won't be going forward. That's just me.

If you choose to own a gun or a dozen, then that's cool, I have no problem with that. But, if you want to own an AK, which is designed to do only one thing, then I think you need to jump through a couple of hoops to be able to own one. Why is going through a background check, and gawd forbid, having to wait a few days, too much to ask? Not that the AK has been a part of the past five or six mass murders in the US, right?

Sorry, I guess I don't understand the resistance to that idea.

But then again, I guess I'm not a real man, as I'm not packing. I'm unpacked 24-7. Unlocked and unloaded, like a real unman. Evidently, my unballs are in cold storage, and my wife has the key. Sigh.

I guess what happened in Orlando needed a real man packing heat to prevent, right? Except, no real man would've frequented that establishment, right? Owning more guns would've prevented that from happening, right? Warning.....DWS DWS, Warning, DWS....
just avoid this thread man.

it will not do you any good, with the opinion you have, to join this thread.

I own a replica of a Civil War era Colt pistol that I inherited from my grandfather.I have never fired it.I haven't fired any other guns in quite awhile.
Are you sure that it is a replica? The reason I ask is that Colt replicas are rare, especially since the .45 was common. What model/caliber is it? You may have the real thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT