ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE GLASS NOW

What HickoryHoosier is saying on the other site, he's an insider and rarely wrong, is that this is Crean's decision ultimately. Fred won't fire him. Crean was apparently offered the Missouri job but the pay just wasn't what Tom and his ego feel he deserves. I wish I were making this up but it's true. Crean has been paid around $30M by us, won nothing, and yet Glass still can't fire him. He was also offered over 7 figures by Missouri. We have the most incompetent AD in the country.

What HickoryHoosier is saying on the other site, he's an insider and rarely wrong, is that this is Crean's decision ultimately. Fred won't fire him. Crean was apparently offered the Missouri job but the pay just wasn't what Tom and his ego feel he deserves. I wish I were making this up but it's true. Crean has been paid around $30M by us, won nothing, and yet Glass still can't fire him. He was also offered over 7 figures by Missouri. We have the most incompetent AD in the country.

If that's anywhere close to true then Fred needs punted today. People have often said that Crean will be here as long as he wants. Might be true after all.

Which site?

He may have solid information most of the time but I have to believe it's way off this time around. That makes zero sense and is entirely unbelievable.

This reminds me of a situation at work I had a few years ago. Someone on my team wasn't meeting performance goals for a couple of years. Not terrible, but not where he needed to be. I was talking to my boss about him and my boss said, "how confident are you the guy will turn it around? Enough that if he doesn't, your fired?"

I fired the guy. I know, CSB. But to me, that's what Glass should be thinking. Do you really want to ride on Crean's performance if it means your job is at risk?

Reactions: toastedbread
Why? Crean should have been poop-canned the same exact time Illinois fired their coach if a Missouri deal couldn't be reached.

I told ya Glass didn't have the nads to do it........

who the hell is in charge here?

Between that joke of a contract extension and the current shit show there is something seriously wrong with the management of iu athletics. What is crean holding over glass's head?

Is basketball the only thing that the IU Athletic Director is responsible for?

nope but the most meaningful sport and the one that virtually defines the entire athletics department is pretty freaking important. IU basketball is a worldwide brand.

Why? Crean should have been poop-canned the same exact time Illinois fired their coach if a Missouri deal couldn't be reached.

I told ya Glass didn't have the nads to do it........
Illinois was knocked out of the B1G tournament on Wednesday and Groce was fired 3 days later. IU's regular season ended around 48 hours ago, give it some time. For the record, I'm not saying Glass will fire him. I'm saying it's entirely unbelievable that the decision is " all Crean's." That makes zero sense.

Illinois was knocked out of the B1G tournament on Wednesday and Groce was fired 3 days later. IU's regular season ended around 48 hours ago, give it some time. For the record, I'm not saying Glass will fire him. I'm saying it's entirely unbelievable that the decision is " all Crean's." That makes zero sense.

When you start to realize that Fred Glass is our AD it makes perfect sense.

Reactions: russelltodd
Crean dare not coach another game on the IU sidelines. Absolutely inexcusable. Get out glass you mediocrity accepting joke.
He's not getting fired. Zero chance.

Honestly, why do grown adults think posting this stuff in all caps on a message board is going to do anything? Seriously. He's not getting fired. The board loves him. Money is still pouring in.

Crean is gone when the season mercifully ends. Glass isn't going anywhere.

With Fred Glass, it makes perfect sense. He hired Tom Allen when PJ Fleck was begging for a Big Ten gig. And eventually got one.

Reactions: shooter1977
I think he will be fired tomorrow. There was a very far outside chance that Indiana was going to make the tourney. Now that it's official, Fred will make the announcement.

Reactions: cryano
nope but the most meaningful sport and the one that virtually defines the entire athletics department is pretty freaking important. IU basketball is a worldwide brand.
who the hell is in charge here?

Between that joke of a contract extension and the current shit show there is something seriously wrong with the management of iu athletics. What is crean holding over glass's head?
Are you seriously this angry all the time? All you do is rant. On the water cooler you've declared the end of the world 6 or 7 times now.

Crean is gone after we lose.

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
Oh well if HickoryHoosier from the Internet said it...

Reactions: HoosiersChamps
I said to others thru other means years ago that eventually fans will catch up to wanting Fred fired if things stay stagnant. Nobody really acknowledged that claim BC it was so left field \premature (atleast in their eyes)
I'm telling you, this man doesnt have much leash left, part of me is now thinking Crean is going to stay (its just to hush hush at this point)
But part of me goes back to this, which is, this is the first big sign of what ive already considered years ago, a sign that even Fred has to be aware of...Make no mistake theres no contradiction here... the only thing I can think of is maybe he really is willing to go down with the ship.

Are you seriously this angry all the time? All you do is rant. On the water cooler you've declared the end of the world 6 or 7 times now.

If I had faith in that, I'd be at the game Tuesady cheering them on. Just don't have a ton of faith. I think there is a chance. Just worried about our ability to do what's best for the program.

LOL. Worldwide brand. That, in a nutshell defines the delusion that is our fanbase. LOL. What world do you live in? At one point in time we were a national brand, but that was before the internet, before HD, before every game being on television for kids to consume. It was the last century.

Fred is going to look like a genius if he makes a homerun hire here. Crean's tenure will have been a sign that coaches can expect some stability in the job. However, his strategy is yet to be seen. It could be as simple as hold onto Crean until Fred himself gets Creaned.

If I had faith in that, I'd be at the game Tuesady cheering them on. Just don't have a ton of faith. I think there is a chance. Just worried about our ability to do what's best for the program.
Look. We all want him fine so bad we have fallen victim to message board "sources" and rumors. NO One on this bird knows anything. Yet, myself included, fall for every post. Now we fall for the "it's all Creans decision" post and we are pissed Just a few days ago we were all happy due to a post declaring Crean was out. Then the Mizzu rumor- to which I do know a person there that told me nothing was happening. IF there is a change, it will not be till we are done. Just how FG operates. My gut tells me no change coming. No extension and we have a lame duck coach for another year. We probably make the tourney next year then the extension will come. Jus a gut feeling No source.

What happens if he wins the NIT?

What happens if the coach we really want gets hired by someone else or a big fat extension if it drags out a week or two?

LOL. Worldwide brand. That, in a nutshell defines the delusion that is our fanbase. LOL. What world do you live in? At one point in time we were a national brand, but that was before the internet, before HD, before every game being on television for kids to consume. It was the last century.

We have one of the largest alumni bases.....and they are spread around the world.

We have one of the largest alumni bases.....and they are spread around the world.

Yes, I am a member of that alumni base. The same can be said about 100 schools with alumni spread all over the place. That same alumni base that was proud to win the Big Ten last year, proud to put the Wildcats of Kentucky down in the NCAA tournament. Same ones proud to beat UNC and KU this year before OG injury.

Were they also proud of the losses to IPFW and Butler before the OG injury?

Butler, the same team that beat Arizona this year? Beat Northwestern, Utah, Vanderbilt, Marquette twice, Cincinnati, Villanova (twice), Providence, Seton Hall, Xavier? Butler is a damn good team, no shame in losing to them when one considers who they have already beaten. IU BU was a great game, down to the wire. IPFW? No, not a good game, though you know OG barely played because he was sick, right?

Butler, the same team that beat Arizona this year? Beat Northwestern, Utah, Vanderbilt, Marquette twice, Cincinnati, Villanova (twice), Providence, Seton Hall, Xavier? Butler is a damn good team, no shame in losing to them when one considers who they have already beaten. IU BU was a great game, down to the wire. IPFW? No, not a good game, though you know OG barely played because he was sick, right?
And the Nebraska game in Assembly Hall that was a dumpster fire. What excuse goes with that?

Why does she hate it if she don't understand it. She probably just hates you along with all your co workers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT