ADVERTISEMENT

Finally Got Me Some Covid

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Sniffles, runny nose, ear hurt when swallowing. Didn't suspect Covid.

Added headache and cough last night.

Immune system must have kicked in to fight it, and do my RA kicked in too, and added joint pain to the mix. Then fatigue. Then 99.1 fever. Then a positive home test.

On-call doctor covering my closed primary care doc’s calls said “you are just as important as Biden, have some Paxlovid.”

Waiting on pharmacy.

Send lawyers, guns and money.

I’m pretty sure I had it twice, never tested just didn’t feel that bad but bad enough. If sounds like what I had and it last a few days. I didn’t take anything but Tylenol for my slight fever!

Reactions: MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Immune system must have kicked in to fight it, and do my RA kicked in too, and added joint pain to the mix. Then fatigue. Then 99.1 fever. Then a positive home test.

On-call doctor covering my closed primary care doc’s calls said “you are just as important as Biden, have some Paxlovid.”

Waiting on pharmacy.

PS - I’ve had 3 full vaccinations and 2 boosters.

Waiting on pharmacy.

Fortunately it's not 2020 anymore.

Prayers for your quick recovery. I'm sure you'll be fine.

I thought I might have had it earlier this week -- have had a barking cough for several days, felt like shit, was short of breath, and tired -- but nope, no Covid, no flu. Bronchial infection of some sort. Doing an antibiotic regimen.

Waiting on pharmacy.

Thought you've had it once before. I recall getting on the interwebs to see whether the Krogers near your house delivered. Was going to send some Gatorades and aspirin. Never got around to it.

• Haha
Reactions: NPT
Thought you've had it once before. I recall getting on the interwebs to see whether the Krogers near your house delivered. Was going to send some Gatorades and aspirin. Never got around to it.
Nope. Son had it once. Daughter and son-in-law got it once. But I’ve been a good little boy until now.

Waiting on pharmacy.

Don't take that shit. Doesn't work.

Ivermectin 12mgx3 daily for 5 days.

D3
C
Zinc
Quercetin

I'm not a doctor.

Best wishes, call every pharmacy in Louisville. With your condition you should have as much access as anyone.

I thought I had it two weeks ago, turned out to be bronchitis. That's me, old fashioned.

Reactions: UncleMark
Don't take that shit. Doesn't work.

Ivermectin 12mgx3 daily for 5 days.

D3
C
Zinc
Quercetin

I'm not a doctor.
Been taking lots of Vitamin D, B, and Zinc but the kidney docs make me stop 10 days before thier lithotripsy procedures, so stopped then last week. If they delay the kidney stuff because of the positive test, I’ll take a dose of vitamins again.

FYI, if you lose your taste it suuuuuuucks.

Luckily, it was only about a week of it for me. I would’ve been able to save a lot of money being able to switch to Coors Light if it had been long term.

Reactions: larsIU

Waiting on pharmacy.

We had a rash of positive COVID tests at work. I’m the guy that tracks them and enforces our COVID rules. At least 10 in the last month and none had symptoms worse than a cold with full recovery in 2 or 3 days. All we’re able to telework and not miss a day at work. This is rapidly reaching the “live with it” and “not a big deal” stages.

Nope

The mechanism is to make the RNA in the virus cell mutate
May forego it
Some concern it makes other cells mutate too, and reduces hospitalization by 50%

WWSC do?
Depends . . . on which justice you ask.

As a collective, I'd guess a 5-4 decision . . . no telling which way they'd lean on this.

I thought I might have had it earlier this week -- have had a barking cough for several days, felt like shit, was short of breath, and tired -- but nope, no Covid, no flu. Bronchial infection of some sort. Doing an antibiotic regimen.
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was 100% sure it was Covid. Home test negative. I went to the clinic, described my symptoms, nurse said, "It sounds like a bunch of new Covid cases we've been getting." They tested me again. Negative. So they gave me a buttload of steroids and antibiotics, and that did the trick.

You notice how they don't even try to diagnose what it is anymore? Once they decide it's a bacterial infection, that's good enough for them. Could be strep. Could be the plague. They don't care. Here's ten days of doxy, you'll be fine.

Waiting on pharmacy.

A virus is no match for you. Go get 'em.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT