ADVERTISEMENT

FF Talent

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
After watching every IU game this season and reflecting on prior season and teams that make it to FF and ultimately cut down the nets, it's so apparent and obvious that a team has to have elite talent. When I go back and watch our games for 2nd and sometimes third times following our games, it's easy to see just how impactful talents like JHS and TJD are. They make consistent plays throughout the game and most every game. It's reliable scoring. I know I am stating the obvious here, but my expectations of our teams going forward are going to be in line with our talent and team composition. At the start of every season, I am as guilty as many others on this board of having wishful thinking in how we can compete for B1G titles and make runs in the post season. But unless we have at least two elite players and a reliable third option and a very solid bench, it simply ain't happening. I am optimistic with this team. Not so much because of TJD. He is playing at a very high level. But it's the emergence of reliability of JHS. Ever since the PU game, he has cemented himself as a reliable scorer. The three he hit at to build the lead back to 7 yesterday was clutch. The three he hit in final game vs Michigan. Huge! We need what we got from MK yesterday in every game and TG has got to be more productive. He commits a ton of grab fouls every game. He needs to be better and finding open passing and spacing for TJD to kick it out to him on the perimeter. I've rambled too much already. I'll close by saying I think this team has the pieces for a run in March. Like every other team who makes successful runs, we just can't have stinkers like we have scene so many times this season, a la Iowa, @ Maryland, etc. And going forward, Woody needs to bring in elite talent. If we do that, we will see consistent top finishes in league play and opportunity for deep runs in March. Let's go!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.