ADVERTISEMENT

Fed cuts rates by half a percentage point.

Reactions: hickorytree1

This is what my life would look like if I put 95% of my networth in my Bitcoin.

taste of chicago GIF

The Fed is independent of the Executive branch. The conditions are right for the cut and we should be good with it regardless of politics. Not everything is politics.

Everyone knew this was coming, and a quarter point has already been baked into the economic outlook. The extra quarter point isn't a surprise either, but it wasn't viewed as a sure thing.

Reactions: larsIU
I realized the cut was expected and pretty much baked into the market, but I didn't expect a downtick. 0.25-0.35% isn't much, I guess

Oh well. Recent gains more than make up for the late August slump

The Fed is independent of the Executive branch. The conditions are right for the cut and we should be good with it regardless of politics. Not everything is politics.
There are many industries where this will help spur forward some idle business. Plenty of manufacturing capacity right now, in most industries. Obviously it will create some inflationary pressures though. It'll be interesting to see the impact.

It's good news for my business. I have had several projects put on hold and a few others that the client was considering "downsizing" because the numbers weren't working for their rate of return. We were getting slow, but this probably means that we are now going to be swamped for the rest of the year minimum.
Our business likes the rate cut as well. But it also means vehicle prices are going to stabilize or rise. This, in an of itself, isn't too too bad for us, though long term rising vehicle prices would be. Falling vehicle prices have been killing us for over a year.

We really like new auto/home loan growth.

Most expected quarter cut. This was political imo.
Not everything is political. Powell is very likely a Republican since he worked for Republican legislators as legal counsel and served in President Bush's administration. He was made Chairman of the Fed by Trump as well. The Fed is doing what the Fed usually does due to economic conditions.

Trump says Powell, whom he appointed, is playing politics. How do you guys support this guy? He’s 85 years old going on 3 years old.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Our populist friends are against government intervention except all the times they love it, and for balanced budgets except all the time.

There really is very little difference between Trump populists and Bernie populists.
He's just mimicking Harris. Say whatever you need to say to get as many votes as possible. My liberal friends say it's shifting to the center.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT