ADVERTISEMENT

Extensions, Bowl Games, perceptions and reality.

Ghostridah

Senior
Sep 30, 2006
Like all of you, I just want IU to win. Honestly and ethically.

I like Coach Wilson. I like his staff. I like this team. I want things to work out for Coach Wilson AND his team AND for IU. I don't know what the right thing is to do as far as an extension. From everything I've known in life, most college AD's don't know either. Just because you are the College President, or the A.D., or the coach of a team, DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE GOOD AT YOUR JOB OR HAVE A CLUE. It works that way in business and in life. Being in charge doesn't mean you are good at your job.

Any of you ever have a boss or supervisor who didn't have a clue? I'm venturing a guess that everyone is saying... "Ugh yep."

I'm not a Glass advocate. I'm not a Glass hater. Fred's a businessman. Fred's a politician. He's got enough trouble with basketball and a potential buyout there down the road. Maybe he's reluctant to commit to tons of money because of that.

For over a year other schools have used Coach Wilson's job status against IU. Does he deserve an extension? I think so. But I'm not calling the shots and it's not my money. What would be the right number of yrs? 3? 4? Lifetime? (ok, just kidding).

IU football seems on the verge of being pretty good. They are going to play in a bowl game and return a nice nucleus for next season. All of America saw them on the verge of beating OSU, Michigan, Iowa, and MSU. For all of America, it wasn't the "old IU that got drilled 40 gazillion to not much." During Coach Mal's tenure, they rode about 5 individual players to modest success. A.T., Trent Green, Ernie Jones, Vaughn Dunbar, and a handful of decent defenders. IN HONEST REFLECTION, IU's "golden era" mirrored the Big Ten being really down as a conference. That's not the case now.

In recruiting about 1 in 4 recruits actually makes it on the field consistently. NOT STAR for the team... But PLAY.. IU doesn't have the numbers of scholarships to offer to make a huge impact aside from a handful of players who might fit key spots. But the right mix can make a big difference. How many of them are waiting to see what happens with the Coach?

The reality is that IU is at a crossroads. they can keep momentum. Or miss the opportunity. It will be interesting and telling as to what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News