ADVERTISEMENT

Expecting a middle class tax break from the republicans? Don't hold your breath

Well, I don't know. But whatever point that is, we're not at it. It's always something that needs to be contrasted with the only true alternative. At what point would I consider Trump to be worse for the country than Hillary would've been? No point we've gotten to 9 months into it, that's for sure.

His bluster will come and go without much in the way of meaningful impact. The policies we're left with (or would've been left with, had the election gone the other way) will endure with profound impact.

And Lowry's right -- if you look past the sideshow stuff and just focus on the meaningful output, there are a number of things that anybody of a conservative persuasion should be pleased with. What's more, most of the places where the ball hasn't moved can actually be laid at the feet of Congress (and, specifically, the Senate), not at the feet of POTUS.

Perhaps Bob Corker needs to redirect his ire. Even Sen. Graham seems to have figured this out. Where the ball has been dropped thus far, it's been dropped in their court.

Corker is rightly concerned about Trump destroying and dismantling world alliances, as chairman of FRC. That's likely to be the area where Trump creates the most long term damage. TPP, Iran, Paris, Korea trade, etc...

I haven't really said much about the Gold Star thing. But I would say that I seriously doubt that, whatever he said, he meant it the way she apparently received it.

Not that I'm bent towards giving Trump the benefit of the doubt on what comes out of his mouth. There's a lot that comes out of his mouth where he richly deserves all the flak that comes back his way.

But, after hearing the recording of the call that he placed to the other widow, I got the impression that him saying "he knew what he was getting into" wasn't at all intended to be coarse...but, rather, complimentary.

Of course, some people are always going to be predisposed to believe the worst about him. Others, the opposite. C'est la vie.

And if it DID "come out the wrong way" or if she "took it wrong", any NORMAL person would have IMMEDIATELY said, "I'm truly sorry it came across that way. It wasn't my intention. Please know I have the deepest respect etc. etc. etc." It all would have been over in 10 seconds.

Instead, he had to trash her and start another one of his whizzing contests because it's ALL about his fragile ego.

What's more, most of the places where the ball hasn't moved can actually be laid at the feet of Congress (and, specifically, the Senate), not at the feet of POTUS.

That's a load of nonsense.

During the campaign, Trump bragged and bragged and bragged how EASY it would be to fix healthcare and that he had this AWESOME plan.

Well, where was it? Instead of giving us his AWESOME plan, he sat back and whined Congress didn't have one.

And when the House did pass something, first he had a celebration in the Rose Garden acting like he won the Super Bowl and then turned around and stabbed them all in the back saying their plan was "too mean."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT