ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Montross dead at 52

And Lawrence Funderburke

I had Psych 101 w LF. Woodburn 100.

Yes, the famous mural of klansmen was there at the time....

But I'll always remember it for the place where LF took up exactly 6 seats in that packed place, where dozens of kids were sitting on the ground. He look like the spider from LOTR sitting there, a limb in each seat.

Bobby made him go to class....but he didn't look too comfortable to me.

My favorite memory of Eric is the time his LN Wildcats came to our Perry Meridian HS gym. Helluva game. And one helluva brawl. No joke. Anybody who was there remembers it. LN coaches had Montross protected up against a wall.

It is such a shame he got sick and died so fast. My condolences to his wife and kids. My goodness, how tragic.

Reactions: Spartans9312

But I'll always remember it for the place where LF took up exactly 6 seats in that packed place, where dozens of kids were sitting on the ground. He look like the spider from LOTR sitting there, a limb in each seat.

Bobby made him go to class....but he didn't look too comfortable to me.

My favorite memory of Eric is the time his LN Wildcats came to our Perry Meridian HS gym. Helluva game. And one helluva brawl. No joke. Anybody who was there remembers it. LN coaches had Montross protected up against a wall.

It is such a shame he got sick and died so fast. My condolences to his wife and kids. My goodness, how tragic.
Did I know you were a Falcon? Seems like maybe it came up before. What year did you graduate? My sister was in the first or second class at PM I think: '76? Had a good bball team then Kenny Montgomery and another guy that was a standout pitcher on the baseball team. I went to watch them in Regionals or Semi State... in Jeffersonville I think. Had to google Kenny and said he died last year. His son, Austin, also played for PM. We moved after my sister graduated and I graduated from Southport '83, but had lots of friends at PM.

I saw a photo of EM dated 2019 and he looked like he could still go out there and put up a 20/10 game.
Any word as to what type of cancer? speaking from personal experience, in men, the late 40s-early 50s are when things like lymphoma start being mentioned. Some curable, some...not so easily. My high school friend lost her husband last year to glioblastoma (brain tumor). Was only 52. Healthy as can be one day....a year later, gone. None of any of this is due to diet, lifestyle.......just a bad roll of the genetic dice.
About the age for pancreatic cancer also, which is bad news. That's what Steve Jobs had.

I believe it is still there, though haven't been in there in a while. I think they hung a curtain over it so it's only visible for controlled exhibitions.

Out of all the top tier programs, other than IU, UNC is the only one I respect. Never liked Kansas or Duke or KY or any of the others but UNC I like for the most part. A lot of local players and well coached by Dean Smith and Roy Williams and good fans.

Plus, they always had a great academic support system. It was so good that tutors would actually do all the work for you. One of the NCAA’s most beloved institutions.

Reactions: UncleMark
Plus, they always had a great academic support system. It was so good that tutors would actually do all the work for you. One of the NCAA’s most beloved institutions.
Just a few years before their time. Funny that bitter fans focus on a period in college basketball that was based on a sham. Student athletes, get your degree-ha ha ha-funny. Have the refs give an exam before games to check academic attainment. Tell Larry Bird or Michael Jordan or Kevin Durant they can’t play because they didn’t score high enough on the pre-game exam.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT