ADVERTISEMENT

Enough with Bronzing “Brohm Bryant”

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was Purdue's over/under for the season that was just played?

No idea (and don't really care enough about them to find out)...

In the final analysis, Brohm has proven only that he's a top negotiator, rather than a top coach, in my opinion.

He's held a gun to pu's head two years in a row and they bought his act hook, line and sinker both times..., particularly during this recent Louisville saga..., (still chuckling about pu shelling out the big bucks there...;))... I'm thinking the realization that they were played for rubes started to sink in about midway through the 2nd quarter of that Auburn highlight tape, er..., game...;))...

By anyone's rational analysis he and his staff easily rank in the top 15 in the nation among the "Most Overpaid & Overhyped". :cool:

That recent contract is the gift that will keep on giving (in terms of humor from our perspective), and I thank every pu fat cat who thought they understood staffing negotiations who were even slightly, peripherally, involved with it. I'll be laughing at you for years to come...:D, as will most everyone else who has even the slightest of knowledge about college football coaching...:D

Absolutely not. Especially if we won a combined 3 games in 4 years before he arrived.

BS AGAIN.

I can see the post if he was our coach and the record was the same.

fpeaugh

"Sure he beat OSU and Iowa but they crapped the bed in the first three home games, then lose BIG time to a below average Minn and the capper is that they get TOTALLY obliterated by a 7-5 Auburn team. He hasn't proven to me that he is the guy.

Totally embarrassing."

That is your MO. Very negative. You just might as well own it.

Based on what "for p u"???

What set of parameters ever indicated he's a "great coach"?

You might want to check his record before you start throwing that adjective around...

He was coach of a reasonably talented team at WKY (relative to the bulk of their schedule) most of which talent he inherited from the previous staff, and he won nearly all of his games against the "we're barely legitimate FCS teams" group and lost every time he faced anything close to a good football team.

He upset a mediocre (4-8) Vanderbilt team back in 2015 and that is it, period... He built his rep at WKY on a steady diet of cupcakes.

You're easily impressed but I'm not at all surprised about that...

Overrated and now grossly overpaid...

Last edited:
So what you are saying Ole Miss and South Florida are high schools

The things posters latch onto to try and insult the coaches they don’t like are amazing, huh?

High school.
Calls 3 yard pass plays.
Refuses to play the players he knows are better.
Passes when he should run.
Runs when he should pass.
Recruits the wrong guys.

Sigh.

I’ve stated on here many times before Brohm was ever hired by Purdue that he’s a great coach and I’d like him at IU.

Then we hired a HS coach and he ended up at Purdue.

So what, you stated before the PU hire that he was a great coach. That doesn't change your man crush for him.

But thank you for verifying my statement that you are a negative poster.

"Then we hired a HS coach and he ended up at Purdue"

You do realize that none other that Vince Lombardi also coached High school ball, don't you? Yea, that Lombardi.

And before you get on your high horse, I am NOT equating TA to VL only where they started their coaching career.

Reactions: 76-1
We can still be good and acknowledge Purdue hit a homerun on Brohm.

Vurt da Furk? Homerun? More along the lines of bloop single, mishandled scoop and being thrown out @ second trying to stretch it to a double. They will be okay and Brohm is a good coach, but c'mon man.

Reactions: Boiler4life92
Vurt da Furk? Homerun? More along the lines of bloop single, mishandled scoop and being thrown out @ second trying to stretch it to a double. They will be okay and Brohm is a good coach, but c'mon man.

Logic and reason die where you are heading.
Only the hypocrisy of a troll await.
The Magic Bus became the Magic Honda.

Daddy sent Brohmbardi a New Albany kid.
Ohio State had a crisis and laid an egg.
Brohmbardi is Football Jesus.

All other info is irrelevant.

You and others are quick to criticize Brohm’s track record while excusing Allen’s while they’re lightyears apart. And apparently you can’t see the irony.
Come on seriously light years apart. Only in you and your other Purdue brethren mind. The only thing separating them right now is the two Bucket games and yes it does suck that he has won those. But is that enough to annoint him the second coming of Nick Saban. Maybe we should wait until he actually pushes his record over .500. The fact is you don't really know he is really appreciably better than Tom Allen. You may be right but the fact is there are people on this board who love Indiana football and are willing to be patient and support Tom Allen. I know it is hard to find high school coaches in Indiana and coaches in South Florida that don't believe that don't believe in Tom Allen.

Brohm has been lucky. Pure and simple. OSU laid an egg. The refs screwed IA, and our offensive game plan was less than ideal for the bucket game. If those three games go the way they were supposed to, the great Brohmbardi's would be 3-9. Because honestly, he doesn't have the talent to expect more than that. He's was just lucky... And his luck has just run out. Karma came with a vengeance at the bowl game they never deserved.

I’ve given Tom Allen a chance. And no one has said Brohm is the next Nick Saban.

There’s more of a difference than two games. There was a big gulf in what they both inherited. Brohm has 3 ranked wins including OSU by 29. He has a bowl win. And he has a higher ranked class with Bell on the way.

If the tables were turned would you say it’s just a couple measley games? No, no you wouldn’t.
I don't think Tom Allen has the signature losses that Brohm has ie Auburn 63-14 blown out by Minnesota loss to Eastern Michigan. Explain those .

Wow. Now we’ve heard it all. You beat a top 5 team at home by 29 with a bunch of 2 and 3 star recruits with...wait for it...LUCK. Absolutely incredible stuff.
If Brohmbardi can lay an egg against EMU, it's even more likely that OSU laid an egg at Purdue. EMU and Purdue have about the same talent, so that was always a toss up.

I don't think Tom Allen has the signature losses that Brohm has ie Auburn 63-14 blown out by Minnesota loss to Eastern Michigan. Explain those .
In the biggest game of his two year, P5 coaching career, and with a month to prepare, Brohm lost by seven (7) touchdowns. And without some mercy shown by Malzahn, it would have been even worse. Pretty comical that, on the heels of that debacle, a couple of guys continue to litter this board with inane talk of Brohm's greatness. You can't make this stuff up.

I’ve given Tom Allen a chance. And no one has said Brohm is the next Nick Saban.

There’s more of a difference than two games. There was a big gulf in what they both inherited. Brohm has 3 ranked wins including OSU by 29. He has a bowl win. And he has a higher ranked class with Bell on the way.

If the tables were turned would you say it’s just a couple measley games? No, no you wouldn’t.
also don't know how you claim you have given Tom Allen a chance less than 2 years. Put together a new staff.. Has a first year started at quarterback he played the Bucket game limping they had many injuries along the front line last year. Brohm has 2 running backs this year and last two experience d quarterbacks an outstanding linebacker and this year the best athlete on the field. Yes he won both games by 7 points.

The two classes are pretty close if you look at the data. I just tried to have this conversation on the pur board, unfortunately, no one wanted to be reasonable. One poster named new pal claims that there are "3 or 4" Rondale Moore's in their 2019 class.

Regardless, I agree that Brohm has made a remarkable start given where they were and the fact that Allen has kept recruiting close under the circumstances is a feather in his cap.
They are ridiculous and don't recognize the imbalance in this class. How many side receivers can you bring in in 2 years and ignore other positions. Our staff has not done that we will see if that catches up to them

IU has absolutely blown two good Opporunties in a row vs Purdue the last two years by 7pts each and a trip to a bowl. That’s on IU. Tom Allen knows that and he’s improving the staff to his liking, recruiting darn well and the QB play is going to be B10 competitive now for years to come.

But please, no more Brohm is a demo God Coach please. He’s .500 after two years with a few great wins and some awful belly flops, including a humiliating national tv debacle yesterday.

He’s a god coach, not saying he’s a bum, but we’ll see how long Cinderella is in the glass slippers ahead.

I’m excited by what IU is building and the gulf between the two programs to me is very minimal and may be erased after next season.
The only Demo God I know is Ron Popeil, infomercial and inventor of the Vego-
IU has absolutely blown two good Opporunties in a row vs Purdue the last two years by 7pts each and a trip to a bowl. That’s on IU. Tom Allen knows that and he’s improving the staff to his liking, recruiting darn well and the QB play is going to be B10 competitive now for years to come.

But please, no more Brohm is a demo God Coach please. He’s .500 after two years with a few great wins and some awful belly flops, including a humiliating national tv debacle yesterday.

He’s a god coach, not saying he’s a bum, but we’ll see how long Cinderella is in the glass slippers ahead.

I’m excited by what IU is building and the gulf between the two programs to me is very minimal and may be erased after next season.
The only Demo God I know of is Ron Popeil, Founder of Ronco, infomercial king, and Inventor of the Chop-o-Matic. Brohm isn't fit to hold Popeil's pocket fisherman.

Ummmm..agree about Brohm mostly but...that's "demi god"....just for the sake of the grammer police...thank you very much...here every Thursday....

Even though "demo god" has its own set of interesting spins...vbg
i did demo god as a youth but i decided not to buy

You and others are quick to criticize Brohm’s track record while excusing Allen’s while they’re lightyears apart. And apparently you can’t see the irony.

Please link the post where I said ANYTHING about Brohm's track record.
And while you are at it, link any post of mine excusing Allen's track record.
The only person I am questioning is you but you fail to address what I post.

What was Purdue's over/under for the season that was just played?
I believe it was 6, so even though they started 0-3 and many people writing them off, they battled back to still win enough to go bowling.
not laughing at "schools". just yours. if purdue was in the east they also would be sitting at home during bowl season
Put down the bottle chief, I'm a Hoosier fan. Some of our fans that are content with being mediocre and having endless excuses to support it, bug me.

It’s too bad we are obsessed with Purdue, and can’t see what everyone else can see —- that we have a great high school coach and average talent. There is no reason to believe we move up the B1G East ladder even if we keep scheduling soft non-conference opponents.
-
You do realize that two of our 3 non conference opponents went to bowl games with VA beating an SEC team 28-0

-
You do realize that two of our 3 non conference opponents went to bowl games with VA beating an SEC team 28-0
I do, but we can’t seem to win enough in-conference games to go bowling. The B1G East is tough sledding.

a couple of the teams were solid (UVA and FIU), but it’s not like they were ranked or anything.
but they did win bowl games so to mehat is a pretty good OOC schedule. It Is not like some SEC schools who schedule a bunch of FCs schools and beat them up to pad their win totals.

but they did win bowl games so to mehat is a pretty good OOC schedule. It Is not like some SEC schools who schedule a bunch of FCs schools and beat them up to pad their win totals.
I agree. Pretty solid. Stronger than past years. Both of the out-of-state teams did well. Virginia Finished strong. We’re not far away. Just not convinced that CTA willl take us over the hump.

They won 3 games in the 4 years before he arrived. Get a clue man.

I don’t buy this stuff about their talent level being the same as Ball State. No doubt that Brohm did a very good job with this group. However, they had some kids that were good cogs in their offense even before Brohm arrived. They just had Hazell coaching them and didn’t put them in good positions to win and these guys were juniors and seniors for Brohm’s two years. Many of these guys were guys that IU also offered scholarships to. Markell Jones, McCann, Sindelar, , Markus Bailey, etc. Blough seems like he’s been their through 8 coaching eras. I look at it similar to IU in 2015 and 2016. The kids that were losing in 2012 and 2013 were now veterans and while not overly talented on paper had been in Wilson’s system long enough to start winning some games, enough to break even..
Brohm augmented his roster with JUCO kids to add experience.

The class Brohm has coming in is very good at the skill positions. I cannot tell much about their lines. Doesn’t look great apart from 1 guy. Both schools would be in really good shape if they had about 4-5 high end 3 stars or 4 star guys in the OL or DL in the 2019 class.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
I believe it was 6, so even though they started 0-3 and many people writing them off, they battled back to still win enough to go bowling.

Put down the bottle chief, I'm a Hoosier fan. Some of our fans that are content with being mediocre and having endless excuses to support it, bug me.
i will put down the bottle when all the stupids are dead

As long as he is beating us he will be raved about up North. Neither of the last two games were that close. They kicked our butts with less talent, period. The play on the field was embarrassing to us, especially playing at home. Yeah, I know we play in the East but the ESPN power index and RPI both have them rated higher than us. Hopefully Allen will get us to a bowl game next year.

I think our chances are improving with the changes this post season.

So, you are saying it is embarrassing to lose to IU? When Brohm was at WKU he was coaching kids that IU would not have offered scholarships. During Brohm’s first two years he beat IU both in WL and in Bloomington primarily with Darrell Hazel’s recruits, which were rated at the bottom of the Big Ten.

Both IU and Purdue are increasing their talent levels and both coaches are settling in. The 2019 Bucket game could be a good one.
Actually his quarterback that year got a look with the Dolphins and they had a running back that transferred from IU plus some guys transferred to Pu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT