ADVERTISEMENT

Enough with Bronzing “Brohm Bryant”

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
IU has absolutely blown two good Opporunties in a row vs Purdue the last two years by 7pts each and a trip to a bowl. That’s on IU. Tom Allen knows that and he’s improving the staff to his liking, recruiting darn well and the QB play is going to be B10 competitive now for years to come.

But please, no more Brohm is a demo God Coach please. He’s .500 after two years with a few great wins and some awful belly flops, including a humiliating national tv debacle yesterday.

He’s a god coach, not saying he’s a bum, but we’ll see how long Cinderella is in the glass slippers ahead.

I’m excited by what IU is building and the gulf between the two programs to me is very minimal and may be erased after next season.

Ummmm..agree about Brohm mostly but...that's "demi god"....just for the sake of the grammer police...thank you very much...here every Thursday....

Even though "demo god" has its own set of interesting spins...vbg

Reactions: coachv jr and DANC
I came away with two impressions from yesterday's debacle. For starters, it appears a pattern is developing under Brohm. He will coach them to a sparkling win against a team they have no business beating and then we get yesterday's back alley a$$ whippings. It does seem like a program problem up there. The question becomes would you rather beat who you are supposed to beat/favored against and win 6 that route, or win 6 in a rather unconventional fashion?

The second impression that yesterday's game forced upon me is the fact that Tom Allen needs to desperately improve his gameday coaching....nuff said....

IU has absolutely blown two good Opporunties in a row vs Purdue the last two years by 7pts each and a trip to a bowl. That’s on IU. Tom Allen knows that and he’s improving the staff to his liking, recruiting darn well and the QB play is going to be B10 competitive now for years to come.

But please, no more Brohm is a demo God Coach please. He’s .500 after two years with a few great wins and some awful belly flops, including a humiliating national tv debacle yesterday.

He’s a god coach, not saying he’s a bum, but we’ll see how long Cinderella is in the glass slippers ahead.

I’m excited by what IU is building and the gulf between the two programs to me is very minimal and may be erased after next season.
Demo God. Lol that's GOLD!

Reactions: vesuvius13
Ummmm..agree about Brohm mostly but...that's "demi god"....just for the sake of the grammer police...thank you very much...here every Thursday....

In his defense autocorrect has gone from being helpful to being trouble at best. Heck on my text messages it changes entire phrases! Talk about you'd best remember to proofread before hitting send!!!

Brohm is one of the best young coaches in the country. That’s why he’s getting so much attention. We can still be good and acknowledge Purdue hit a homerun on Brohm. They’re not mutually exclusive.
So if we go .500 over the next two years and lose a bowl game 63-14 (which would have been far worse if Malzahn doesn’t call off the dogs), you’ll be happy with Allen , right ?

Brohm is one of the best young coaches in the country. That’s why he’s getting so much attention. We can still be good and acknowledge Purdue hit a homerun on Brohm. They’re not mutually exclusive.

As was previously posted..., your hero Brohm had an entire MONTH to get his team ready to play that game yesterday.

p u wasn't prepared by any stretch of the imagination. That's ALL on Brohm and his staff...

This "best in the country" nonsense just was exposed for exactly what it is pure nonsense...

To save you some time, and the rest of us some "Ignore" space..., here's a pro tip: just repeating variations of the same crap over and over and over will never make it true...

As was previously posted..., your hero Brohm had an entire MONTH to get his team ready to play that game yesterday.

p u wasn't prepared by any stretch of the imagination. That's ALL on Brohm and his staff...

This "best in the country" nonsense just was exposed for exactly what it is pure nonsense...

To save you some time, and the rest of us some "Ignore" space..., here's a pro tip: just repeating variations of the same crap over and over and over will never make it true...

IU doesn’t need to worry that Purdue is an elite program. That’s not happening. They do need to worry about losing ground to them. If Allen doesn’t beat Brohm soon, he’s not going to be around. He knows that too. He’s not expected to beat Michigan and OSU. He’s not being held to that right now but make no mistake that he needs to hold serve against his rival and programs in his same tier. Allen knows all of this.

Absolutely incredible that you would have the audacity (or, some might argue, stupidity) to post this less than 24 hours after his team suffered one of the most humiliating losses in the history of college football postseason play.

Brohm's getting plenty of attention today, alright, but for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Absolutely incredible that you would have the audacity (or, some might argue, stupidity) to post this less than 24 hours after his team suffered one of the most humiliating losses in the history of college football postseason play.

Brohm's getting plenty of attention today, alright, but for the wrong reasons.

Also, at age 47, I don’t think Brohm is even one of the 60 youngest coaches in FBS, and there are probably only 20 or so north of 55. Calling Brohm “young” is laughable

If he goes 2-0 vs Purdue, wins a bowl game, goes to 2 bowl games, beats OSU by 29, and beats 3 ranked teams then yes I’ll be happy.
Brohm is a decent coach but he is not the next Bear Bryant. Also if you really pay attention to his recruiting yes he is getting a bunch of receivers but unless they block for the quarterback not be much good. He did a decent job with a poor team that played with much emotion thanks to the Tyler Trent story which is an incredible story of courage. However what you saw yesterday was their loss of momentum and emotion. If this game had been played the week after the Bucket game it might have been different.

In his defense autocorrect has gone from being helpful to being trouble at best. Heck on my text messages it changes entire phrases! Talk about you'd best remember to proofread before hitting send!!!
Oh how true...vbg...I've turned mine off....now all the mistakes are MINE!

Reactions: 76-1
You can’t select the facts you want to remove the ones you don’t. When you look at all the facts and all of his achievements it’s very impressive. Your bias doesn’t remove facts.
Talk about removing facts , the overall picture is 13-13 with a 49 point bowl loss, yea, real impressive. Your bias apparently does allow removal of facts.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
So if we go .500 over the next two years and lose a bowl game 63-14 (which would have been far worse if Malzahn doesn’t call off the dogs), you’ll be happy with Allen , right ?
Are you happy with 5 wins the last two seasons and laughing at schools who are playing 13? What is wrong with you?

Reactions: fpeaugh
Are you happy with 5 wins the last two seasons and laughing at schools who are playing 13? What is wrong with you?
I don’t think anyone is happy about being 5-7. What is old is people who don’t realize that we do play a very challenging schedule with real disadvantages in players. The fact is we are getting better players now we need to let the coaches get a chance to get these kids in and get them in the weight room and allow them to mature and get them on the field.

What the hell is wrong with you ? Please show me where I “laughed at” anyone, I’m merely pointing out to the resident Brohm cheerleader that he hasn’t done anything to be called “one of the best young coaches in the country”. I happen to think he is a good coach, but he has a lot to prove before he is considered one of the best.

Demo God. Lol that's GOLD!

FYI, to all the spot checkers, when I post quickly on phone, the auto spell check can be a killer. But most can follow and realize spell check gets many of us and that I did intend "Demi-God" not Demo. But knock yourself out if grammar/spell checking is your thing!

Guilty of not doing a pre-final post check, not imagining spell check's evil ways! But it really only happens when on phone vs laptop. C'est la vie and will remember evil phone AI getting me!

I’m a row the boat guy and I would bet you guys lunch their fans will be asking some serious questions next year when Brohm earns between $800k and $1MM for each of their wins. The guy is severely overpaid but they have blown their load between coming up from the basement and his wandering eyes. Just watch. His program turns over next season for the first time since he’s been there. Of course everyone they’ve recruited is better than their predecessor if you ask a Purdoodoo fan.

I don’t think anyone is happy about being 5-7. What is old is people who don’t realize that we do play a very challenging schedule with real disadvantages in players. The fact is we are getting better players now we need to let the coaches get a chance to get these kids in and get them in the weight room and allow them to mature and get them on the field.
Well stated!

I’m looking at all the facts.

Your argument is like saying Urban isn’t a good coach because he lost to Purdue. Yes, that’s a fact but it’s not the only fact. It’s absurd actually.
No, my argument would be that Urban is a great coach because he is 82-9 at OSU , meanwhile Brohm is 13-13 at PU .

They won 3 games in the 4 years before he arrived. Get a clue man.
Vegas had Purdue's over/under win total at 2.5 in 2017. They more than doubled that. When was the last time IU outperformed a win total like that? I'd be ecstatic to see it happen.

Reactions: fpeaugh
They won 3 games in the 4 years before he arrived. Get a clue man.
Get a clue ? Really ? This from the guy that told us how Billy Donovan was in town and would be our next Bball coach , lol.
Now, the 4 years prior only proves how bad Hazell was, not that Brohm is “great”. So how long should it take a “great” coach to go 9-3 , 10-2 ?
Joe Tiller took over a team that went 3-8 and 12 straight years without a bowl and went 9-3 and 9-4 in his first two years. Seems like “Brohm the Great” could take a lesson. You can argue until your blue in the face, it won’t change my opinion. As I said above, I think he is a good coach, calling him great at this point is beyond a stretch.

Reactions: brebelle3 and 76-1
Get a clue ? Really ? This from the guy that told us how Billy Donovan was in town and would be our next Bball coach , lol.
Now, the 4 years prior only proves how bad Hazell was, not that Brohm is “great”. So how long should it take a “great” coach to go 9-3 , 10-2 ?
Joe Tiller took over a team that went 3-8 and 12 straight years without a bowl and went 9-3 and 9-4 in his first two years. Seems like “Brohm the Great” could take a lesson. You can argue until your blue in the face, it won’t change my opinion. As I said above, I think he is a good coach, calling him great at this point is beyond a stretch.
Brohm does look more like Danny Hope than Tiller, and Brohm is earning at least 2X what they earned. I guess a person can spend BMW money on a Ford if they are so inclined.

You have to learn to take fpeaugh's words as gospel, even when he's wrong. He is the smartest guy in the room and the Board's resident genius. He literally knows everything.

God, people, (or God people,...) I didn't flinch at "demo God Coach" but I did at "he's a god coach".

Reactions: IUCol
God, people, (or God people,...) I didn't flinch at "demo God Coach" but I did at "he's a god coach".
Well...here I go again...damn that IU education!...vbg...in fact a "demi god" refers traditionally to a child of a god and a mortal...female god/male god didn't really matter. It usually meant you were blessed with abilities akin to the gods, but still so much dodo to their whims.

Soooo....it would mean...if he was...and he aint...vbg...that he had above average skills and cursed luck.

That seems to fit nicely...

Though I still say a "Demo God" could still be something just as cursed...time will tell...:rolleyes:

Reactions: abraxis and td75
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT