ADVERTISEMENT

Emmitt Holt was really, really good today

fivestarlocks

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2012
San Diego
Nothing against Hanner, I really feel for the kid and wish him all the best in a speedy recovery. He can't seem to catch a break in terms of staying healthy during a relatively short college basketball career thus far in terms in total minutes played in three years to date.

But I honestly believe we are a much better team with Holt at the 5 and Hartman spelling him off the bench. Holt just has a knack for the ball and always seems to be in the right place at the right time - especially underneath the basket. He has really good hands and a soft touch. His 8 pts on 4-5 shooting and 4 boards in 15 minutes of play were huge today - would love to see both him and Colin play 20 minutes each tomorrow at the 5 spot.

Don't forget, we blew Maryland out of the gym without Hanner in the lineup - we need Hartman and Holt to be significant contributors tomorrow - especially on offense. Can't remember the last time Colin made a three...

Yogi and James will both need to be on fire from 3 to pull out the W tomorrow - but I love the fact that we have one game under our belts at the UC shooting on those rims with that background. Yogi really struggled from behind the arc today - it was nice to see RJ knock a couple down as well - it's so huge when he can give us 6 to 9 pts from 3.

Nice win, but I still think we need to win tomorrow to get in...

This post was edited on 3/12 9:50 PM by fivestarlocks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News