ADVERTISEMENT

Egg Bowl

TMFT

All-Big Ten
Nov 4, 2019
What a crowd in Starkville with their 5-6 (1-6) ball club that fired their head coach.

Fans. Quaint.

What a crowd in Starkville with their 5-6 (1-6) ball club that fired their head coach.

Fans. Quaint.
It really is amazing how fans at most schools not named IU don't bail on the teams when they struggle. Nebraska hasn't been to a bowl game in years, probably won't this year either, and hasn't been nationally relevant in over two decades. Plus, they were every bit as bad in some of those years as we've been the last seasons. And yet their fans have stayed loyal and continue to be loud and passionate thick or thin.

Hell, Purdue basically freaking sold their stadium out a couple weeks ago at 2-7. And don't tell me it is because of the history or culture other programs have, because it certainly is not the case for Purdue. Other schools just have fans that are actually loyal and don't make excuses to be more fair-weather than the fairest-weather of fans.

Last edited:
It really is amazing how fans at most schools not named IU don't bail on the teams when they struggle. Nebraska hasn't been to a bowl game in years, probably won't this year either, and hasn't been nationally relevant in over two decades. Plus, they were every bit as bad in some of those years as we've been the last seasons. And yet their fans have stayed loyal and continue to be loud and passionate thick or thin.

Hell, Purdue basically freaking sold their stadium out a couple weeks ago at 2-7. And don't tell me it is because of the history or culture other programs have, because it certainly is not the case for Purdue. Other schools just have fans that are actually loyal and don't make excuses to be more fair-weather than the fairest-weather of fans.
You need assistance if you don't understand the difference between these programs and ours. We continue to average over 40k fans/game, so I don't see a significant amount of fans bailing on the program other than several whiners on this board.

You’re forgetting about attendance the last year of Hazel, it was abysmal. If the hopes of a fan base are up attendance will follow. Our attendance was decent in 19 and 20 when hopes were high.

Do you go to the games? Just asking.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Do you go to the games? Just asking.
That’s a great question, or at least it opens a great topic.

How many IU fans are within an hour of Bloomington that a game ticket price wouldn’t put them out too much?

I give a ton of grace to people that would need to get a hotel room or drive like 4 hours because this stuff gets expensive.

I don’t give much latitude to folks who have season tix but don’t come or those who leave at halftime.

You can say whatever you want about this season, but every game at Memorial Stadium has been close at half time. In fact, the only games that was an out and out rout at half were at Maryland and vs Louisville at Indy (which had the great comeback effort in the 2nd half).

The only home game I didn't go to this year was Wisconsin.

Also went to Illinois and Michigan games on the road.
What should those of us who’ve followed the program do, given both recent and historic futility? Your posts strongly indicate you’ve not followed IU for long, nor have you followed us “in depth”, which is why your criticisms don’t register as insightful.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
What should those of us who’ve followed the program do, given both recent and historic futility? Your posts strongly indicate you’ve not followed IU for long, nor have you followed us “in depth”, which is why your criticisms don’t register as insightful.
I'm 27 years old and have gone to games since I was six, when my grandparents started taking me.
And I had season tickets the whole time I was on campus and every year since graduating in 2017.

What do you mean I've not followed the program for long?

I'm 27 years old and have gone to games since I was six, when my grandparents started taking me.
And I had season tickets the whole time I was on campus and every year since graduating in 2017.

Your relatively short time as a follower of the program is evident in your posts. Thanks for confirming.

Nebraska football packs it's stadium because there's nothing else to do in the state. Regarding the Hoosiers by athletic department has to do a much better job in creating interest in the program. There is nothing in the water that is making Hoosier fans apathetic to the football program. But you are right there is a great deal of apathy.

Today I felt Nebraska's pain as they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I appreciate your support and wish you a long life watching successful IU football teams.

You're exactly the type of fan INDIANA Football needs more of and your positivity has been a breath of fresh air on here... Keep up the fine posting and your unwavering support of IU Football. It's much appreciated.

You and I may diverge when it comes to our opinion as to whether or not Allen should be retained, but that, in no way, undermines the validity of anything you're posting....

Your attendance at games the entire time you were on campus is enough for this fellow fan to consider you a brother when it comes to supporting INDIANA...

Ignore Kern County/Ordfan/and 15 + other usernames, most of the rest of us do... 😎

You're exactly the type of fan INDIANA Football needs more of and your positivity has been a breath of fresh air on here... Keep up the fine posting and your unwavering support of IU Football. It's much appreciated.

You and I may diverge when it comes to our opinion as to whether or not Allen should be retained, but that, in no way, undermines the validity of anything you're posting....

Your attendance at games the entire time you were on campus is enough for this fellow fan to consider you a brother when it comes to supporting INDIANA...

Ignore Kern County/Ordfan/and 15 + other usernames, most of the rest of us do... 😎
Coming from you, I’ll take that as a compliment. You’re a complete joke here. And I’m still not any of those posters, though I’m not surprised you go that low. It’s what you do. Thankfully, I chose to not post some of that posters’ work. It’s not so good.

You have literally just described the IU basketball program.
Dead on.

Nationally irrelevant. Terrible product. Won’t likely see post season and if so will do zilch.
Fans will soil themselves at a chance for tickets. It’s just how it goes!

Nebraska football packs it's stadium because there's nothing else to do in the state. Regarding the Hoosiers by athletic department has to do a much better job in creating interest in the program. There is nothing in the water that is making Hoosier fans apathetic to the football program. But you are right there is a great deal of apathy.

Today I felt Nebraska's pain as they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

82's is the most truthful answer in this thread.... THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO DO IN NEBRASKA.... period. It's impossible to compare Nebraska's fans to IU fans, who have far more ways to be entertained...

No Colts
No Pacers
No... I hate to admit it, Purdue
No Notre Dame
No Indy 500
No NCAA National Championship finals in a variety of sports
No Olympic Trials

Nebraska is a nice place but Husker football is about all they have ... they will sell out as long as they continue to have HOPE that their team will turn around...

Sadly, IU fans have... once again... lost all hope in the program.

Regardless of where your loyalty lies ... when there's no hope, no one will care. That is human nature.

Why IU's Admin doesn't understand that amazes me....

One advantage Nebraska has is that there is no competition for them. No pro football, baseball,basketball, college success in basketball, soccer, etc. All they have is the Barry Switzer Tom Osborne years.

He's a cancer. The fact that he's still able to post here is hard to fathom. I completely understand the reluctance to ban someone, but this guy should have been gone long ago, and any nyms he shows up under later should be immediately hammered.

He's a cancer. The fact that he's still able to post here is hard to fathom. I completely understand the reluctance to ban someone, but this guy should have been gone long ago, and any nyms he shows up under later should be immediately hammered.
Would you guys please leave this forum to those of us who want to follow and talk about IU football. Take yourself to the hoops forum, which is infested with other trolls. Please don’t destroy this place. And I’m still not any of the names you guys keep making up. But it’s sorta funny that you resort to this stuff. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
It is remarkable that @E.Z.Rider who purports to keep a legit discussion board allows him to continually turn it upside down.

Mods over the years have taken various time lines to boot him but this may be his longest run yet.

He is the limiting factor for this place

Ignore him. He is just a troll here pretending to be someone he is not

Keep up the good fight for OUR IU

Pay no attention to him. He's a blight on this forum. The Ignore button is useful.

It is remarkable that @E.Z.Rider who purports to keep a legit discussion board allows him to continually turn it upside down.

I won't second guess Rider. I have my hands full with the forum I mod, and no doubt others would take a different approach. I would only say that at some point the good of the board should outweigh any sense of fairness toward an individual poster.

I find it hilarious that although I didn't use his current screen name he begin bouncing off the walls while replying to someone using names he swears isn't him 🤣. He's an easy "out"...

Pu did a hell of a job promoting heavily discounted tickets all season. Combine that with a greater passion for FB, lesser social culture and less going on in the area and.you get more butts in the seats than we have.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I won't second guess Rider. I have my hands full with the forum I mod, and no doubt others would take a different approach. I would only say that at some point the good of the board should outweigh any sense of fairness toward an individual poster.
You have an organically more combustible subject matter to deal with than the sports boards do which attracts some interesting individuals.

You deal with that pretty well. When someone is a consistent cancer they need to go and you do that as necessary. And when you do it has a healthy influence on the rest of the community.

You have an organically more combustible subject matter to deal with than the sports boards do which attracts some interesting individuals.

You deal with that pretty well. When someone is a consistent cancer they need to go and you do that as necessary. And when you do it has a healthy influence on the rest of the community.

Now you're just sucking up.

Do they chant, "IU sucks!", at the Egg Bowl?

Mods over the years have taken various time lines to boot him but this may be his longest run yet.

He is the limiting factor for this place
Have you noticed that since this post, ORdfan hasn't posted?

Back to the Thanksgiving Night game(s).

I've pitched to various IU AD staff that we should work out with FOX/B10 to volunteer to be the Thanksgiving Night traditional B10 game to counter the Egg (or soon to be Texas/A&M game) on ESPN, before some other B10 rivalry tries to grab it.

Make it at Lucas Oil Thursday night.

Kinda feel like we have the perfect combo of legit rivalry game, a perfect neutral spot that would mitigate weather/kids outta town issues, and could be grown into a traditional game at a spot others aren't really stepping on each other to secure.

Thanksgiving lunch kinda watching the Lions. Hit the Indy downtown bars to watch the Cowboys destroy who ever that year's sacrificial lamb is...

Then head over to Lucas Oil for the main event.

Ehh? Ehh? Anyone?

I've pitched to various IU AD staff that we should work out with FOX/B10 to volunteer to be the Thanksgiving Night traditional B10 game to counter the Egg (or soon to be Texas/A&M game) on ESPN, before some other B10 rivalry tries to grab it.

Kinda feel like we have the perfect combo of legit rivalry game, a perfect neutral spot that would mitigate weather/kids outta town issues, and could be grown into a traditional game at a spot others aren't really stepping on each other to secure.

Thanksgiving lunch kinda watching the Lions. Hit the Indy downtown bars to watch the Cowboys destroy who ever that year's sacrificial lamb is...

Ehh? Ehh? Anyone?
Nah ... it's college football. I'm a few years past my rah-rah college days, but I still think the game needs to be played at The Rock and Ross-Ade. If the only way we can get UK to play us in BBall is having the games at Wankers Life Fieldhouse and the KFC Dum! Center, then fine, but IU-Purdue games should be on campus. I don't care what night, so Thanksgiving or Black Friday is fine, just keep the college games on campus.

Ehh? Ehh? Anyone?
Hard pass. Super hard.

Reactions: muubell and nichlee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT