ADVERTISEMENT

EA Sports NCAA Football 2025

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
First off, game is awesome.

Second...if the game happens to be any decent indicator, Jamari Sharpe is going to be a bad ass...so is Sarratt (sp?)

Third...IU's stadium looks pretty awesome on the game with packed stands. I wasn't at the Cincy game a few years ago, but the first half of that game is an indicator of what Memorial Stadium could become if Coach Cig can live up to his Google stats, at IU.

Fourth...I'm probably too old to stay up until 4AM playing video games. But IU was 4-0 with wins over Purdue, Kentucky, at Notre Dame, and at Wisconsin. Worth it.

Gonna have to wait a few days to play this! Im more excited to get the teambuilder back though! Probably gonna make it an all red field with candy-stripe endzones. Plus better modded uniforms.

I wish it would come out for the switch, even if graphics had to be lowered.

I tend to spend most of my time in dynasty mode anyway but I won't be holding my breath for a port.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I started at Freshman and am now playing at All-American. If the AI wants to complete passes on your D they just do it. Doesn't matter if you hit the QB as he releases it and you have a CB draped all over the WR in coverage. Could be 3rd and 18 and they'll convert if the AI decides they're scoring on that drive. Passing is hard to get down, but the key is getting rid of the ball quickly. At AA my D falls for play action every single time, yet half the time I run play action I get sacked before I even have a chance to throw the ball. Inside run plays with pulling guards from spread looks seem to be the most effective plays I've found so far. Hit the hole and cut off the guard's block on the LB. I played a ton over the weekend and have 1 natty already, but I won it on Varsity. Trying to do it at AA and then I'll attempt to do it on Heisman.

I started at Freshman and am now playing at All-American. If the AI wants to complete passes on your D they just do it. Doesn't matter if you hit the QB as he releases it and you have a CB draped all over the WR in coverage. Could be 3rd and 18 and they'll convert if the AI decides they're scoring on that drive. Passing is hard to get down, but the key is getting rid of the ball quickly. At AA my D falls for play action every single time, yet half the time I run play action I get sacked before I even have a chance to throw the ball. Inside run plays with pulling guards from spread looks seem to be the most effective plays I've found so far. Hit the hole and cut off the guard's block on the LB. I played a ton over the weekend and have 1 natty already, but I won it on Varsity. Trying to do it at AA and then I'll attempt to do it on Heisman.
Yeah, I play on varsity. The issue with varsity being too easy and AA being too hard was present ten years ago too.

I think some people fight the passing conversion nonsense by switching to the closest defender a lot. Probably causes new ridiculous problems. I don't call a lot of play action so my guy doesn't get killed.

Play action worked great at Freshman and Varsity. The AI just doesn't fall for it often with their pass rushers in AA. Bootlegs are much safer to run. The read option passes are also way better than the actual play actions.

Yeah, it took me a little getting used to. You can't force the ball into tight spaces, you have to be willing to scramble away and take a sack now and then.

Also, not sure what level you're playing on, but the higher levels are kinda ridiculous.
I started on All American. Also the QB takes forever to throw after you hit the button. like, its not realistic as the time does not scale.

I started on All American. Also the QB takes forever to throw after you hit the button. like, its not realistic as the time does not scale.
Yeah, I think AA is bullshit, although there might be some plays you can spam into success. I could never run at all against AA in 2014. The line just gets punked.

I'm mostly satisfied with the game. I'm someone that still played 2k14 revamped up until CFB25 released. I'm a little disappointed with how shallow Dynasty mode feels, even though that's what the developers said they spent the most time on. I feel like the older games had a deeper, richer week to week experience, and so far that is all I've played. That is my only knock so far, I am really enjoying it overall, it just feels a little bare compared to the older games. But the in game experience, the RPO, the passing experience and all the options the QB is able to take with receivers as the play develops is miles ahead of the old games.

I've also heard the ranking system, playoffs, and bowl selection is a bit broken. I've only played half of a season so far so I haven't experienced anything myself yet, but teams that are going 12-1, or 11-2, that are ranked in the top 10 are somehow missing the playoffs to teams they've beat in the regular season who have worse records. Seems like this is happening to a lot of people in the subreddit for the game.

Play action worked great at Freshman and Varsity. The AI just doesn't fall for it often with their pass rushers in AA. Bootlegs are much safer to run. The read option passes are also way better than the actual play actions.
I had to learn I can't actually let the receiver run his route in the RPO because 100% of the time I had an ineligible receiver downfield. I have to get it to the receiver within a couple yards off the line or hand it off.

Anyone else not able to use teambuilder like me yet? Its been under maintenance for days now, and I cant even get into it on any browser! EA has really screwed themselves by not being prepared at launch! Way too many issues with this game!

I had to learn I can't actually let the receiver run his route in the RPO because 100% of the time I had an ineligible receiver downfield. I have to get it to the receiver within a couple yards off the line or hand it off.
Yeah, I always run on the rpo calls because I can't avoid the penalty. I probably need to practice.

My play action calls get blown up pretty regularly on varsity.

I'm headed into my 4th season on dynasty. Got western Kentucky into the playoff at 12-2, but we lost a shootout to Washington. Got down two scores, cut it to 7, got the onside kick, scored again, went for two, got it, and then gave up a game winning field goal as time expired to lose 52-50.

Running QB's are way better overall than field generals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT