ADVERTISEMENT

Duncomb

What exactly will Matta’s role be in all of this? If he is associate AD (for men’s basketball) and cannot go on recruiting visits or sit on the bench, is he sitting in the stands eating popcorn like everyone else?

Reactions: birdforbogey
What exactly will Matta’s role be in all of this? If he is associate AD (for men’s basketball) and cannot go on recruiting visits or sit on the bench, is he sitting in the stands eating popcorn like everyone else?
College coaching and recruiting advisor makes great sense.

Wait ... kids won't be able to "get it" ... he's too old ... I have liked the Woodson idea for YEARS.
He IS too old...you liked it for years for that reason, because he has been around for many, many years...I would be stunned if the kid (and most) know literally anything about him...the generic "he seems like a really good coach" hardly constitutes a ringing endorsement.

Woodson may be great...at worst, he is no doubt better in many ways that his predecessor(s)...but, he is 63 years old with zero college coaching experience, and, never recruited a HS kid in his life...much less, today's kids...who are all going to be more than 40 years younger than him.

I have respect for him and his coaching career...everybody should, but, there are way more questions than answers right now...that said, maybe he has the answers.

Sounds like he's all in.
If Woodson can avoid digging too much of a hole roster wise it will be a tremendous impact.

My worry is if it's a complete rebuild and he has to recruit on just faith with only being able to say 'I coached in the NBA' is critical to avoid.

He needs to get off on the right foot since he has absolutely no college background to fall back on IMO.

If Woodson can avoid digging too much of a hole roster wise it will be a tremendous impact.

My worry is if it's a complete rebuild and he has to recruit on just faith with only being able to say 'I coached in the NBA' is critical to avoid.

He needs to get off on the right foot since he has absolutely no college background to fall back on IMO.
Keeping most of the current players is key to a good start.

Reactions: 76-1 and brianiu
why? they aren't very good
They're solid players. If Stewart is back and can shoot like he has, and IU also keeps TJD, Race, Brunk, and the rest, there is good potential for a good season. Players improve. Freshmen and transfers surprise, and good coaches can do things with solid players. Hopefully, we have that combination.

Reactions: Sassy61 and 76-1

Time for Rob to show he has what it takes to be an all B1G player. With a real communicator and shooter mentoring him he might become the leader we need.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT