ADVERTISEMENT

Down 3 under 10…

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
Lose by 16…

This now seems like it’s baked into the cake.

Defense is good until it’s time to make winning plays. Then it isn’t good.

Offense is decent until it’s time to make winning plays. Then it isn’t good.

Love Woodson and what he’s doing overall. But these 2nd halves are a huge systemic issue for him.

Folks write Woody a blank check. I see our lack of in game adjustments, substitutions by rote, and failure to design good plays out of time outs as very troubling data. Woody gets at minimum 4 seasons and likely 5- but folks who are just preaching to give him time might join me after a couple more seasons of disaster

Reactions: OrlandoHoosier
Folks write Woody a blank check. I see our lack of in game adjustments, substitutions by rote, and failure to design good plays out of time outs as very troubling data. Woody gets at minimum 4 seasons and likely 5- but folks who are just preaching to give him time might join me after a couple more seasons of disaster
at least he wins the “He’s better than Archie” debate

On the other hand IU was winning with under two minutes to play. IMO none of the current guards are going to help get IU to the promised land.

The key will be whether or not Woody can find the special players who are able deliver in crunch time. I coached high school wrestling for 14 years. I had kids who rose to the occasion and won big matches and those who just couldn't do it. Great kids but, it is an intangible quality that only a few people have. None of our current players seem to have it. They tighten up at crunch time and their performance suffers as a result. We would have won several games this year if just one player had the quality. How many times this year have we had to watch the other team's go to guy "stab us in heart" at the end of a game. The Johnny Davis' of the world "are few and far between." Woody needs to find a couple....or at least one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT