ADVERTISEMENT

Don't eff with childhood nostalgia ...

Warison

Hall of Famer
Dec 13, 2010
I guess, a couple days ago Rudolph the red nose reindeer was on the TV. All the old timers I work with, know I have kids. 'Did you watch Rudolph?' 'Did they love Rudolph?' Umm.... 'No, we didn't watch it.' Then I just got the bad parent look from everyone, like I'm doing this wrong.

Visited my mom over the weekend. She actually asked if they wanted to watch Old Yeller. Hahaha. Um... it's not 1921, they ain't sittin through Old Yeller.

I remember a couple years ago putting on Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown for them. It didn't move the needle and honestly it was terrible. Lucy just screaming the whole time. We made it about 5 minutes then turned it.

I'm sure Charlie Brown Christmas is coming up, I remember watching it as a kid sure , that doesn't mean it was any good. Doesn't mean its relevant today. My 5 and 8 yr old don't make it 5 minutes through that stuff.

But for now on, 'Did they watch blah blah blah' ... Yep, sure did, they loved, just like you did 165 years ago!!

Haha. I'm not effin with anyone's childhood nostalgia anymore.

The woke dumbasses don't like Rudolph. Actually, they LOVE poor Rudolph, even though the red nose was clown-based cultural appropriation, or something, but hate everything else about it. Actually, they probably hate Rudolph too because he "saved Christmas", which they also hate.

Dumbasses.

(this format sucks)

The woke dumbasses don't like Rudolph. Actually, they LOVE poor Rudolph, even though the red nose was clown-based cultural appropriation, or something, but hate everything else about it. Actually, they probably hate Rudolph too because he "saved Christmas", which they also hate.

Dumbasses.

(this format sucks)
Cool story, Cletus.

Why, that's the perfect time to push their buttons and have some fun.
I guess, a couple days ago Rudolph the red nose reindeer was on the TV. All the old timers I work with, know I have kids. 'Did you watch Rudolph?' 'Did they love Rudolph?' Umm.... 'No, we didn't watch it.' Then I just got the bad parent look from everyone, like I'm doing this wrong.

Visited my mom over the weekend. She actually asked if they wanted to watch Old Yeller. Hahaha. Um... it's not 1921, they ain't sittin through Old Yeller.

I remember a couple years ago putting on Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown for them. It didn't move the needle and honestly it was terrible. Lucy just screaming the whole time. We made it about 5 minutes then turned it.

I'm sure Charlie Brown Christmas is coming up, I remember watching it as a kid sure , that doesn't mean it was any good. Doesn't mean its relevant today. My 5 and 8 yr old don't make it 5 minutes through that stuff.

But for now on, 'Did they watch blah blah blah' ... Yep, sure did, they loved, just like you did 165 years ago!!

by the time I was eight years old I was already reading classics, was on my 3rd language and 2nd musical instrument... By the time my boy was 8 he was reading the classics, was rewriting gaming code, starting his 2nd musical instrument, writing simple tablature and could dribble two basketballs at the same time and switch hands....

"Rudolph" ..... lmao.

We turned the TV off long ago and to this day still watch less than an average of 4 hours per week, less in the summer. sometimes going a month without even turning it on, The only exception is basketball season. But ya know, pri-or-i-ties .. Next up is getting the fk off the internet .. or at least using it correctly, this shit (social media) is rotting people's brains. This, IC and a guitar board are all the social media I have left and rotted brains exist in each place .. sickening.

We were accused of being bad parents because we didn't watch TV, we didn't drink soda, we didn't eat candy, we didn't do Santa Claus, our children told everyone else's he didn't exist (so proud of them) and we then allowed our children to be vegetarians. < that one ..... jesus f**king christ the hell storm of b*tching we got from family on that one. They tried to feed them meat everytime we left them. I had to read the riot act to them ...

Warison, you got a good heart and a good mind, so, fk what everyone else says, you got this.

Last edited:
Reactions: largemouth
Why, that's the perfect time to push their buttons and have some fun.

by the time I was eight years old I was already reading classics, was on my 3rd language and 2nd musical instrument... By the time my boy was 8 he was reading the classics, was rewriting gaming code, starting his 2nd musical instrument, writing simple tablature and could dribble two basketballs at the same time and switch hands....

"Rudolph" ..... lmao.

We turned the TV off long ago and to this day still watch less than an average of 4 hours per week, less in the summer. sometimes going a month without even turning it on, The only exception is basketball season. But ya know, pri-or-i-ties .. Next up is getting the fk off the internet .. or at least using it correctly, this shit (social media) is rotting people's brains. This, IC and a guitar board are all the social media I have left and rotted brains exist in each place .. sickening.

We were accused of being bad parents because we didn't watch TV, we didn't drink soda, we didn't eat candy, we didn't do Santa Claus, our children told everyone else's he didn't exist (so proud of them) and we then allowed our children to be vegetarians. < that one ..... jesus f**king christ the hell storm of b*tching we got from family on that one. They tried to feed them meat everytime we left them. I had to read the riot act to them ...

Warison, you got a good heart and a good mind, so, fk what everyone else says, you got this.

Cool story Cletus

I've wondered why we still want children to believe in Santa.
Imagine there's no Santa
It's easy if you try
No toys before us
Behind us only lies
Imagine all the children
Robots still today... Aha-ah...

Yes, Virginia, there is NO Santa Claus. He was once portrayed as a white man of privilege, an elitist of endless wealth annually flaunting his worldly possessions at the exclusion of those victims of environments found more conducive to bad behavior. Human society evolved to the point where the culture of the day decided "lies" were harmful to underdeveloped minds less fortunate, so this antiquated concept steeped in potentially harmful imagination was cancelled by the liberal-thinking idiots who had their say.

Last edited:
Imagine there's no Santa
It's easy if you try
No toys before us
Behind us only lies
Imagine all the children
Robots still today... Aha-ah...

Yes, Virginia, there is NO Santa Claus. He was once portrayed as a white man of privilege, an elitist of endless wealth annually flaunting his worldly possessions. Human society evolved to the point where the culture of the day decided "lies" were harmful to underdeveloped minds less fortunate, so this antiquated concept steeped in potentially harmful imagination was cancelled by the liberal-thinking idiots who had their say.
jerk-off-tom-hanks.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT