ADVERTISEMENT

Dolson

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
During the hiring process was a list of candidates that was interviewed other than Cig ever released?
Just curious,I know there was a lot of speculation but wasn’t sure if those names were ever verified.
He obviously made the right decision.

During the hiring process was a list of candidates that was interviewed other than Cig ever released?
Just curious,I know there was a lot of speculation but wasn’t sure if those names were ever verified.
He obviously made the right decision.
I don’t think IU, nor any school, ever officially confirms who it was that they interviewed. A lot of the stuff comes from leaked info.
My understanding is that the following did get interviews:

Jason Candle -Toledo
Tom Hermann- FAU
Mike Hart - Michigan assistant
Justin Frye - OSU assistant

I think those had the strongest info circulating that they did interview here.

I don’t think IU, nor any school, ever officially confirms who it was that they interviewed. A lot of the stuff comes from leaked info.

Jason Candle -Toledo
Tom Hermann- FAU

I am glad you they did hire as coach Cignetti will continue to change IUFB into a top team in the B1G.

Jason Candle -Toledo
Tom Hermann- FAU

Ok thanks,I do remember a couple of those names being mentioned.

Reactions: red hornet
I had no idea how little Kevin Wilson and Tom Allen knew about the other side of the ball even after years of being a head coach at Indiana. CCC has made me a believer in relevant experience.
It is very odd that neither of them knew diddly about the other side of the ball. I found it odd then and still do. It's a MAJOR reason they both lost games...

It is very odd that neither of them knew diddly about the other side of the ball. I found it odd then and still do. It's a MAJOR reason they both lost games...
Hiring a coordinator with no significant head coaching experience is a roll of the dice, and there are going to be growing pains: we know. See Purdue, lol. It takes 3-4 years to see if they can grow into the job and be a decent coach. Allen and Wilson were very coordinator dependent for the other side of the ball.

Hiring a coordinator with no significant head coaching experience is a roll of the dice, and there are going to be growing pains: we know. See Purdue, lol. It takes 3-4 years to see if they can grow into the job and be a decent coach. Allen and Wilson were very coordinator dependent for the other side of the ball.
Which makes the Walt Bell hiring even more mind-boggling - if that is even possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT