ADVERTISEMENT

Dogs

Lol. I’d say it’s two young kids bought a second dog and gave it no training just like the first one. Two dogs seems to be the “thing” with their young couple friends.
Funny story. The second date they had they went to a concert in Indy. On way home through Terre Haute they bought a bulldog for some crazy amount of money. Son calls me and tells me in needs more money per month to reimburse his new girlfriend for 1/2 of the dog she put on her credit card. I gave his GF a check for my son’s half of the dog and told her she’d be on her own if they did it again. 😂

After they were married they drove 8 hours to Ohio to buy a Newfie Poo. When they got home they told me. I had two clients they could have gotten the dog from 15 minutes from their house.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I had two collies in succession growing up. Super sweet, super protective dogs. One saved me from being mauled by a German Shephard next door.

From my parent's description, I was playing in the side yard and wandered over to get a ball or something. Was about 3 or 4. The German Shephard came running at me barking, and our collie took off like a shot from our house, lept over me, and landed in front of the German Shephard and started fighting it, keeping it from reaching me.

At least that's how my dad tells it. I'm sure part of it must be true.
We now have our fifth, and first female rough Collie. She's big, fast and agile. Also very bossy and jealous. We're waiting for our first Malinois pup...

We now have our fifth, and first female rough Collie. She's big, fast and agile. Also very bossy and jealous. We're waiting for our first Malinois pup...
I had to look up rough Collie. Thought that's just what a collie was (it's what we had), and that the border collies were just weird variants.

I think I want a big dog. My cousin got a French mastiff. Shockingly it was a hyper massive puppy
I dog sat for one. Sweet as could be, but lots and lots of drool, like on the walls when he shook his head, let alone the floor. Also quite a bit of upkeep on grooming. ( Newfie that is)

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I dog sat for one. Sweet as could be, but lots and lots of drool, like on the walls when he shook his head, let alone the floor. Also quite a bit of upkeep on grooming. ( Newfie that is)
Shew, I though you were describing me when I stayed with you.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Someone sent me something not long ago that said if you were to die in your house, eventually your pet would start to eat you - especially your cat. I've heard that before and always have taken it with a grain of salt (mostly because I don't have cats).

That said, I think it's been proven that OTHER PEOPLE will eat your dead body in the most dire situations. And for what it's worth, if my body went undiscovered for a good amount of time and my dog had eaten everything else he could find in the house, I wouldn't want him to die too. In that scenario, I'd almost hope he'd start taking chunks off me.

All that said, it's heartwarming to see a story that a dog was protecting his owner after he died.
When I was in college I had a class with a guy who was an emt. He was studying for medical school so would spend time with the coroner. He had some pictures of a guy who was eaten on by a German Shepard. Two brothers lived together and one was an OTR trucker and the other disabled. The Trucker went on a run and his brother died of a heart attack I believe. His trucker brother found him when he got home 4 days later I think. Pretty gruesome.

Had to put both my dogs down in July within 3 weeks of each other. They were both 15 years old.

We aren't ready for another yet. We have cats too and you could tell it affected them.
My in laws had to put down their 11 year old Ridgeback this week. They are doing an autopsy but vet thinks brain tumor.

3 dogs in one year. Rough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT