ADVERTISEMENT

does one B10 Tournament win get us dancing?

bigmac76

All-American
Dec 23, 2003
I think the winner of OSU / IU game tomorrow gets into the dance

Thoughts?

That’s a close one to call. We beat Ohio State and lose to Michigan State we are still on the bubble. A win against Ohio State and beat Michigan State for the 3rd time this season, we have to be in.

Count them up and figure it out.

ACC is not getting more than 8 now that Clemson lost. Jay Bilas says 13 conferences get multi-bids most likely.

I say Belmont and Murray State are both in but Lipscomb is below both IU and OSU in the pecking order.

Need Texas to lose to Kansas...

Need Washington to win PAC12 tourney...

Need Buffalo to win the MAC tourney...

So on and so on.

That’s a close one to call. We beat Ohio State and lose to Michigan State we are still on the bubble. A win against Ohio State and beat Michigan State for the 3rd time this season, we have to be in.

Depends a lot on what happens elsewhere (re: bid stealing).

IU is currently listed as a “First 4 Out” but I think a win over OSU gets us in regardless of the next game result after that.

IU has a good boost from its Quad 1 wins, but the Quad 2 losses hurt us.

The problem with the bubble is you’ve got essentially 26 teams vying for 16 spots and that bubble is shrinking as teams like St. Mary’s knocked of Gonzaga. We really don’t want upsets in these conference tourneys. IU must win tomorrow. If we play like the last 4 games, we will be very dangerous in this BTT tourney. If we cannot score/ shoot worth a hoot, it will be a quick exit.

I do want to indicate that many years there is a team or two either included or excluded whom the talking heads never saw coming.

"First four out" is infotainment, not committee-speak.

If I am Indiana (and I am!), I would not exhale immediately after a win tomorrow.

I say Belmont and Murray State are both in but Lipscomb is below both IU and OSU in the pecking order.

Need Texas to lose to Kansas...

Need Washington to win PAC12 tourney...

Need Buffalo to win the MAC tourney...

So on and so on.

Murray State won their tournament a few days ago. They’re definitely in the field.

IU this year has to be one of the most bizarre bubble teams in memory. Really anything could happen and I wouldn't be surprised. The quad 1 wins are good. 2-5 vs. quad 2 and only 3 road wins is bad. You'll naturally spin it in your mind to favor IU, but as a basketball fan it's going to be interesting...If they beat OSU and lose to MSU you really can't, or shouldn't, complain either way. There is really no injustice if they don't make it in that scenario, it will be a judgement call where you can argue from any side...….

Reactions: MKordIUBB
Last I saw, OSU was listed as a “last 4 in” and IU listed as “1st 4 out” so if true it’s a play in game for both teams.

I am willing to bet there will be a couple more upsets/bid steals, which will make it tight.

The loser today is definitely out of the tournament. If we win today I think we are 50/50, win 2 I think it's 70/30.

Last I saw, OSU was listed as a “last 4 in” and IU listed as “1st 4 out” so if true it’s a play in game for both teams.
win and we probably move into last 4 in. lose tomorrow and we likely move back into first 4 out

giphy.gif

Eat sh!t and die, Boiler scum.

Reactions: snarlcakes
That's the most trolling I've ever done, been called a lot worse for not trolling at all. It's all in good fun fellas, you'll have your turn.

Reactions: coachv jr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT