ADVERTISEMENT

Doctored Evidence

Yeah, that sucks. Maybe we should do away with cash bail altogether and just keep everyone locked up before they get their day in court. You know, just in case.

They could start with Rittenhouse.

Your correction wasn't necessary is all I'm saying. The fund has posted bail for actual convicted criminals, Rittenhouse hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

Reforming cash bail is a separate discussion.

I'm going to assume that when you wrote this:

...you simply forgot to put the word "alleged" in there somewhere. Otherwise, writing this:

...would be a bit disingenuous, would it not?

Generally, the whole idea of cash bail is shitty. You're either a flight risk or a high probability to re-offend or a proximate danger to others, or you're not. The amount of money you can raise shouldn't be an issue.
It implicates a lot of stuff including the presumption of innocence. It’s also not just about getting out. It’s about guaranteeing you show up for all the settings otherwise you forfeit the dough. There’s more to it than just initial flight risk. It’s managing dockets and lots of crap. I haven’t thought a lot about this issue but agree reform is needed. Some jurisdictions have experimented with a risk point system. I don’t really know how that’s worked out tho. Lots of pros and cons with cash bail.

Last edited:
Your correction wasn't necessary is all I'm saying. The fund has posted bail for actual convicted criminals, Rittenhouse hasn't been convicted of anything yet.
How are actual convicted criminals released on bail? Or do you mean those who have already served a sentence and are charged again?

It implicates a lot of stuff including the presumption of innocence. It’s also not just about getting out. It’s about guaranteeing you show up for all the settings otherwise you forfeit the dough. There’s more to it than just initial flight risk. It’s managing dockets and lots of crap.
I understand the rationale. I just think it's a shitty system. No one can dispute that it directly effects the lower classes. You or I could come up with $1000 to make a $10K bail bond, but there's a ton of people out there that couldn't.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I understand the rationale. I just think it's a shitty system. No one can dispute that it directly effects the lower classes. You or I could come up with $1000 to make a $10K bail bond, but there's a ton of people out there that couldn't.
Totally agree re lower classes

I'm going to assume that when you wrote this:

...you simply forgot to put the word "alleged" in there somewhere. Otherwise, writing this:

...would be a bit disingenuous, would it not?

Generally, the whole idea of cash bail is shitty. You're either a flight risk or a high probability to re-offend or a proximate danger to others, or you're not. The amount of money you can raise shouldn't be an issue.
Sure I’m fine with said corrections.

It implicates a lot of stuff including the presumption of innocence. It’s also not just about getting out. It’s about guaranteeing you show up for all the settings otherwise you forfeit the dough. There’s more to it than just initial flight risk. It’s managing dockets and lots of crap. I haven’t thought a lot about this issue but agree reform is needed. Some jurisdictions have experimented with a risk point system. I don’t really know how that’s worked out tho. Lots of pros and cons with cash bail.
You know more than I do (although I've partaken several episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter) but doesn't the cash bail system, and with it bail bondsman, necessarily push some of the work of finding folks who skip bail on the private sector (the bondsman) as opposed to the police? Or is that just made for TV shit.

To Mark's point, why not just additional charges/stiffer sentencing or fines on those who skip? I have a feeling (and not the time to look now) the number of folks skipping bail is miniscule.

Habitual Liar

Where's the evidence of a stolen election?

BTW, bailed out protesters. Learn the difference.
Yeah, that sucks. Maybe we should do away with cash bail altogether and just keep everyone locked up before they get their day in court. You know, just in case.

They could start with Rittenhouse.
Maybe idiot Democrat politicians(Kamalatoe) should quit jumping behind causes that back violent criminals just to pander to some voters...

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You know more than I do (although I've partaken several episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter) but doesn't the cash bail system, and with it bail bondsman, necessarily push some of the work of finding folks who skip bail on the private sector (the bondsman) as opposed to the police? Or is that just made for TV shit.

To Mark's point, why not just additional charges/stiffer sentencing or fines on those who skip? I have a feeling (and not the time to look now) the number of folks skipping bail is miniscule.
I love and miss Dog!!! Courts wouldn’t rely on dog to keep dockets moving. My point is that a ton goes into the issue of cash bail etc. lots of interests at play, including lawyers. Bond assignments are how many lawyers get paid.

Reactions: larsIU
Maybe idiot Democrat politicians(Kamalatoe) should quit jumping behind causes that back violent criminals just to pander to some voters...
Can we get a Mod ruling on "Kamalatoe" and variants? I'm no Alan Alda but that's about as offensive as it gets.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
She shouldn’t get a pass. Her Breonna tweets were terrible (especially from a former prosecutor), amongst many others.

Those BT tweets were inciteful to say the least. Unfortunately, passes are automatrically given to anyone wearing the same jersey as you. It is hypocritical as hell but she gets a full pardon from her team mates here.

Those BT tweets were inciteful to say the least. Unfortunately, passes are automatrically given to anyone wearing the same jersey as you. It is hypocritical as hell but she gets a full pardon from her team mates here.
Link to any support given on here for her social media activity, please?

I don't follow her. Unless someone complains, I have no reason to know if she makes stupid tweets or not. It sure sounds like she has, though, in some instances.

I don't follow her. Unless someone complains, I have no reason to know if she makes stupid tweets or not. It sure sounds like she has, though, in some instances.

See posts above

She declared that Taylor was murdered and used that word. Murder means something very specific in terms of a crime and as a former prosecutor she knows that damned well. For a sound bite, she undercut the investigation and declared all else an abomination of justice ... for votes. And she had a hand in perpetuating the terrible War on Drugs that leads to events like Taylor’s

She’s a typical politician - she’s not to be celebrated or vilified - she’s just another shameful pandering politician.

She declared that Taylor was murdered and used that word. Murder means something very specific in terms of a crime and as a former prosecutor she knows that damned well. For a sound bite, she undercut the investigation and declared all else an abomination of justice ... for votes. And she had a hand in perpetuating the terrible War on Drugs that leads to events like Taylor’s

She’s a typical politician - she’s not to be celebrated or vilified - she’s just another shameful pandering politician.

I disagree that she's just another politician. Being pandering or an opportunist is something something that all pols engage in but to varying degrees.

The transparent opportunism of people like Ted Cruz and Harris is why they draw more ire than the average panderer. They also put themselves in positions of higher visibility through their higher office aspirations.

Reactions: jet812

Except now she is in a position where her words really matter as nutjobs are easily incited.

I disagree that she's just another politician. Being pandering or an opportunist is something something that all pols engage in but to varying degrees.

The transparent opportunism of people like Ted Cruz and Harris is why they draw more ire than the average panderer. They also put themselves in positions of higher visibility through their higher office aspirations.
Perhaps. But at this point I have almost zero regard and respect for any elected leaders except mostly for the rookies that haven’t blown it yet.

other than Tulsi, Massie, Lamb, Crenshaw, Romney, and Kinzinger I’m pretty much out on all others. The whole senate needs a massive reboot other than Romney.

Perhaps. But at this point I have almost zero regard and respect for any elected leaders except mostly for the rookies that haven’t blown it yet.

other than Tulsi, Massie, Lamb, Crenshaw, Romney, and Kinzinger I’m pretty much out on all others. The whole senate needs a massive reboot other than Romney.
Other than Romney... muahhahahahaha He's about to have the lid put down on him. Toast. I lose all respect for anyone that gives him .001" of an inch of slack.

Naw, that's a different animal over there. If I was going to do it, it would be here.
I was trying to do you a solid, man. You remember from The Sopranos when they get those no-work jobs at the construction site and just sit around in lawn chairs drinking beer? That's pretty much modding the AOTF. Every once in a while, you have to delete some nipples from Lowrider's posts, but that's about it.

Reactions: UncleMark
I used to pitch slow pitch softball.
giphy.gif

It didn’t feel right not to swing

I was trying to do you a solid, man. You remember from The Sopranos when they get those no-work jobs at the construction site and just sit around in lawn chairs drinking beer? That's pretty much modding the AOTF. Every once in a while, you have to delete some nipples from Lowrider's posts, but that's about it.
Okay, I'm a little slow on the uptake. Wondered WTF you meant about needing a hand over there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT