ADVERTISEMENT

Do you have to win close games to win this thing?

peegs

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
Columbus, Indiana
because I certainly can't this year. Haven't won an OT game since January 2nd and in my obsessive ways just checked my team's record in OT and games decided by 3 points or less and I am 7-15 (31.8%).

Do you have to root for your own teams to win this thing?

Because I'm rooting like hell for Maryland to beat Duke in Cameron right now.

GO TERPS!! BEAT MY SECOND ROUND PICK!!

Yes! My team lost!

I can't help it, I just love to see the Blue Devils lose.

BTW, this is Duke's FOURTH home loss in the ACC. Now they finish the season on the road at North Carolina. Looks like an 8-8 season for them.

Of course, they'll still get a 1 seed and play in Greensboro in the first round.

That's surprising.

Usually a poor winning percentage like that in close games will cripple you, and send you to the bottom of the standings.

For years I was cursed losing close games, and CJ would seemingly win 80% of his. I think I'm doing ok on close games this year because it hasn't annoyed me as much.

Dayton and Boise have blown the most close games for me without really netting much the other way. But I think I'm pretty even overall. I know VCU has pulled a few out of the fire.

found one more OT game that I won

way back on Jan 10, UAB won by 10 in OT against UCF. That brings my mark up to a stellar 8-15.

Still, TBL won as many OT games last night than I have all year.

The most amazing thing in going through this is I have 102 roto wins yet only seven came in games decided by 3 points or less or in OT. Would think much higher than 6.9% of games are close ones on average.

I hope this bodes well for my conference tourney chances but one of my teams (SHall) is not playing and another (UWGB) has already played a tourney game and I am just tied with someone that has 10 teams yet to start tourney play.
This post was edited on 3/1 8:18 AM by Peegsif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I was wrong on remebering my close games

I'm 18-15 for 54.5%. That's great for me. Mia-O is a whopping 5-1, Kansas 3-1 and VCU is 2-0.

The bad were S.Car and SMU who were 1-3 each.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT