ADVERTISEMENT

Discharge / DACA

twenty02

Hall of Famer
Jan 28, 2011
There is a fascinating drama playing out in the House over a possible discharge petition that will bypass leadership and force a set of immigration votes.

Which means likely a Dreamer-type bill with mostly Democrats and a small block of moderate GOP members would succeed in a 'Queen of the Hill' scenario.

For once it's the moderates defying leadership, rather than the Freedom Caucus.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/389107-republicans-fear-retribution-for-joining-immigration-revolt
A sign of health in the House Republican caucus. Haven't seen one of those in a while.

There is a fascinating drama playing out in the House over a possible discharge petition that will bypass leadership and force a set of immigration votes.

Which means likely a Dreamer-type bill with mostly Democrats and a small block of moderate GOP members would succeed in a 'Queen of the Hill' scenario.

For once it's the moderates defying leadership, rather than the Freedom Caucus.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/389107-republicans-fear-retribution-for-joining-immigration-revolt
That would be very good news, indeed. Hope it happens.

Per Politico: Senators to Trump: It's do-or-die time on DACA
In the epic Saturday Night Live skit called "Mentor" featuring Peyton Manning, Manning asks one kid on his team, "Okay, I'm sorry, do you wanna lose?" That's the exact way I feel about Congressional Republicans who are clamoring to bring up a divisive issue that is unfavorable to Republicans with the media right before a critical election.

Per Politico: Senators to Trump: It's do-or-die time on DACA
In the epic Saturday Night Live skit called "Mentor" featuring Peyton Manning, Manning asks one kid on his team, "Okay, I'm sorry, do you wanna lose?" That's the exact way I feel about Congressional Republicans who are clamoring to bring up a divisive issue that is unfavorable to Republicans with the media right before a critical election.
You are like if i’vegotwinners typed in blocks of text.

Instead of an amnesty bill I would like to see Congress work with the administration to improve our enforcement and border security tools and close loopholes. This would show that illegal immigration is not really an option.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT