ADVERTISEMENT

Didn't hear any boos...

Sampscum says Hi

Worst coach from which standpoint? A moral standpoint? At the time, yes. But what he was in trouble for is legal now as far as NCAA is concerned. And Sampson is still one of the best coaches in basketball. Whether or not you, or anyone else, likes him personally is of no consequence.

Reactions: ericrossiu
Im afraid this team isnt goin anywhere this year! We cant beat a good team at home without the fans! No offense, lazy defense,...This team isnt skilled enough in all phases! Too bad we wont be playin at home in march!

Worst coach from which standpoint? A moral standpoint? At the time, yes. But what he was in trouble for is legal now as far as NCAA is concerned. And Sampson is still one of the best coaches in basketball. Whether or not you, or anyone else, likes him personally is of no consequence.

As an alum and long time booster it is of total consequence. And phone calls is 5% of it.

We need like a 10 game losing streak. The wheels to just fall off. I bet even Archie can’t lose 10 games in a row though..............

I am working on my 70 short bed C10. Trying to do more positive thimgs with my time. I wish I cared enough to be upset, but sadly, I just don't anymore. You guys are more entertaining than the game. So I just check to see how unhappy the fans are after games. That's about my dedication level. Maybe that will change back someday.

As an alum and long time booster it is of total consequence. And phone calls is 5% of it.

I’m talking a purely X & O standpoint. He’s a coach who gets the most out of his players. I’ve already said that he’s the worst from a moral standpoint. Try to keep up. Yes, moral standpoint includes graduation rates and some of the knuckleheads he recruited, in case you require clarification.

I’m talking a purely X & O standpoint. He’s a coach who gets the most out of his players. I’ve already said that he’s the worst from a moral standpoint. Try to keep up. Yes, moral standpoint includes graduation rates and some of the knuckleheads he recruited, in case you require clarification.

X and Os are irrelevant if you can't meet table stakes. It is about standards and expectations.

X and Os are irrelevant if you can't meet table stakes. It is about standards and expectations.

Standards, morals, use whatever word you want. . Did you want to argue against anything I said, or just reword it? Expectations? Are you talking moral expectations, or X & O? We all had different moral expectations from what Sampson have is.

Standards, morals, use whatever word you want. . Did you want to argue against anything I said, or just reword it? Expectations? Are you talking moral expectations, or X & O? We all had different moral expectations from what Sampson have is.

Good to hear

Your post got me thinking that if they wanted everything to sound realistic in Assembly Hall then every time an IU player turned the ball over or missed a defensive assignment they could pipe in, "What are you doing out there? Come on get your head in the game." etc

Without the crowd noise if one listens for it can actually hear a fair amount of such from the Coaches.

Also see that Crabb is doing the PA but pretty quiet outside of the intros. Some arenas still have the full on screaming banshee act. Chuck has always been lower key which is my personal preference but I am not sure if he is speaking much through the game. He is older and I honestly expected to hear someone else for this season.

Also see that Crabb is doing the PA but pretty quiet outside of the intros. Some arenas still have the full on screaming banshee act. Chuck has always been lower key which is my personal preference but I am not sure if he is speaking much through the game. He is older and I honestly expected to hear someone else for this season.
I thought he sounded different. Maybe it is because he isn't speaking over screaming people. I remember when I saw the movie Blue Chips in the theater and Coach Bell is trying to get the three players to come to the school. He has them announced and it was Chuck Crabb's voice saying for instance, "Neon Bordeaux". I got all excited and my wife wanted to know why. I told her, "that's the IU announcer".

I thought he sounded different. Maybe it is because he isn't speaking over screaming people. I remember when I saw the movie Blue Chips in the theater and Coach Bell is trying to get the three players to come to the school. He has them announced and it was Chuck Crabb's voice saying for instance, "Neon Bordeaux". I got all excited and my wife wanted to know why. I told her, "that's the IU announcer".

Remember Nolte being at all those AH games so he could watch Coach in action?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT