ADVERTISEMENT

Dexter Dennis to announce tomorrow

I always called him “caveman Keady”. He looked like a missing link. Porkchop fits Painter.
I had to go to a parent teacher conference where I was told by the teacher that when the class (4th grade) was asked, "what is a Neanderthal?" My son raised his hand and answered "the Purdue basketball coach" referencing Gene... it was all good, she was an IU alumni and he got an A for the day.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
If the narrative was they would take him regardless, then why isn't IU recruiting anyone else since he said no? There's better players than Dexter Dennis still available. Doesn't add up.
Who are the players better than Dennis that aren’t currently in the draft process?

Your theory also doesn’t hold weight as Woodson clearly wanted Dennis and McNeil, and there were better players available at the time. If your logic were correct, he would have been recruiting those players instead of DD and McNeil.

I think woody wanted him right up until the portal closed. I just don’t think he pushed him to get a commitment.
He stopped recruiting him when Dennis started demanding a certain dollar amount. Dennis isn’t good enough for that.

I think he was a contingency in case Bates or Geronimo left. But like you said, we'll probably never know.
This was my contention as well. DD is the only player I have seen on SM that worked to convince IU fans that he was the right fit.

Who are the players better than Dennis that aren’t currently in the draft process?

Your theory also doesn’t hold weight as Woodson clearly wanted Dennis and McNeil, and there were better players available at the time. If your logic were correct, he would have been recruiting those players instead of DD and McNeil.
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?

You were not the only person. It's like the bow and arrow, it was so obvious that it was invented simultaneously in multiple locations. Not saying I was the one but there was a person on another board that may have had it before you did.

fwiw - I did though coin Porkchop, I give half the credit to Jimmy go IU who asked what we should call him. And, yes, Painter was told what we call him. That made me smile.

But, that too may have been so obvious - considering Piggy, Hoghead Keady, the coeds who resemble pigs and the rancid smell of pig shit, boiler and desperation in WL - that something related to pigs was needed and multiple people came up with it.
Oh I coined Fatjohns. Dont you take this glory from me

I learned a long time ago from writers and musicians, that when people share the same influences, they tend to end up with the same ideas.
You dont know how much I wanted to tweet back at him today ......"Umping on the side Fatjohns???"

Reactions: T.M.P.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT