ADVERTISEMENT

De'ron Davis

IUHoosiers1999

Freshman
Oct 30, 2012
High School coach saying he will stay at IU. Says he wants a coach that will " value and need him." Sounds like Crean's dismisal may have helped in this instance?

Hopefully new coach focuses on him becoming stronger and more explosive. He is a very talented player but he plays small in my opinion

Reactions: birdforpar
High School coach saying he will stay at IU. Says he wants a coach that will " value and need him." Sounds like Crean's dismisal may have helped in this instance?
Deron Davis is a man on the basketball floor.

Every new coach should value him and definitely will need him.

Otherwise you'll end up with a big man who plays like, well, me.

Yep. It's no secret that some of the players are not sad to be getting a new coach.

The opposite is also true. A few, who shall not be named, weren't exactly giving it their all this year. I hope the new coach asks them to go elsewhere. Play for the name on the front of the jersey.

Hoorah for De'Ron!... I liked this guys game... Definitively a big man. He's an anchor piece for next season. Now to add a few more. Good news indeed.

Hoorah for De'Ron!... I liked this guys game... Definitively a big man. He's an anchor piece for next season. Now to add a few more. Good news indeed.

Glad Crean brought him here. Agree, could be another future NBA kid. Needs some time, but could be special.

What does that have to do with devolving them? Did you think Bryant improved? He looked like he regressed this year.
Regressed is being kind.

How bout...

Did Morgan look improved this year?
What about JBJ? Did he look improved?
How bout ROJO? Improved?
Did Newkirk seem adequate?
Even OG before the injury, did he look improved?

Regressed is being kind.

How bout...

How bout ROJO? Improved?
Agree...something a new coach will address is our strength and conditioning program. That's a major issue

Reactions: travlinhoosier
What does that have to do with devolving them? Did you think Bryant improved? He looked like he regressed this year.

I wonder if Bryant will be back. He dropped out of the first round on the draft boards. If he does come back, I wonder if he'd be unhappy if he wasn't allowed to shoot 3's and actually play inside.

Wonder what he thought of Davis' comment about wanting to be an actual inside player.

Regressed is being kind.

How bout...

How bout ROJO? Improved?
Bryants fouling players improved as well as James blackmons defense ...Think that's about it.
And such disappointment for everything else that didn't

not back stabbed him and made life more difficult on message boards. Can you say the same?

Please explain how fans on a message board makes ANYONE'S life more difficult?

Let's shut down the water coolers and barbershops too. Both places were hard on coach and we would hate to make his life more difficult.

Do you believe half the crap you type?

Agree...something a new coach will address is our strength and conditioning program. That's a major issue

Hey, the guy we have now has "lots of energy and claps a lot".......just like Crean.

Hope he goes too.

I do hope the new coach keeps Chuck......and brings in Mike Lewis and/or Calbert. Would also love Fife as an assistant but I don't see that happening and he's waiting for Izzo to retire.

Hey, the guy we have now has "lots of energy and claps a lot".......just like Crean.

Hope he goes too.

I do hope the new coach keeps Chuck......and brings in Mike Lewis and/or Calbert. Would also love Fife as an assistant but I don't see that happening and he's waiting for Izzo to retire.
Chuck can go..he was a bust in recruiting. He was supposed be a big time recruiter

Vonleh and Stan(bust)

Vonleh......the guy that didn't care one single bit about the team and ONLY cared about getting to the NBA as FAST as he could.

What amazes me is how so many people were amazed he only stayed one year.

Do most kids want to get to the NBA as fast as possible? Most do. But a lot of those kids also have at least some interest in helping their team win instead of just show-casing their skills.

I never got the impression from Vonleh even once he actually cared about being a Hoosier and knew he was out the door long before he even announced it.

So, forgive me for not being knocked over by all the players he brought us.

He averages more points this year vs last.
He averages more rebounds this year vs last
He averages more blocks this year vs last
He averages more assists this year vs last
He averages more steals this year vs last
His FT% higher this year vs last

The only number that declined was FG%, and that is due to two things. Lack of quality point guard play to break down the defense. Injuries at the 4, which means more double teaming of him at the five.

Vonleh......the guy that didn't care one single bit about the team and ONLY cared about getting to the NBA as FAST as he could.

What amazes me is how so many people were amazed he only stayed one year.

Do most kids want to get to the NBA as fast as possible? Most do. But a lot of those kids also have at least some interest in helping their team win instead of just show-casing their skills.

I never got the impression from Vonleh even once he actually cared about being a Hoosier and knew he was out the door long before he even announced it.

So, forgive me for not being knocked over by all the players he brought us.
Disagree...he played his ass off. You don't lead conference in rebounding without playing hard. Heck a lot of games he had onky 4 or 5 shots.

Reactions: brianiu
Please explain how fans on a message board makes ANYONE'S life more difficult?

Let's shut down the water coolers and barbershops too. Both places were hard on coach and we would hate to make his life more difficult.

Do you believe half the crap you type?

Recruits read message boards. When fans are constantly bitching all the time and slamming everyone, recruits and even current players don't feel the love. Don't believe me, why don't you read the many actual stories of recruits at various schools that chose to go elsewhere because of what they read on message boards by the fans of that school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT