ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats BEST course of action...

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
Take Biden out? Get behind him? Time is running out, and I think the absolute worst course of action would be to continue what it looks like they've been doing for a fair bit now...which is cover for him, and let public perception of DNC leadership continue to erode.

There needs to be some decisive action taken, and taken very soon. And since one of those decisions relies on Biden, and his team, to agree to be "taken out"... With Biden certainly not appearing to be on board with that. THEN, I think they need to end all the speculation, and get back to fully backing him. But more importantly, enlisting Harris, Newsome, Whitmer, Obamas, etc... to become HEAVILY involved in general campaigning for down ticket races.

Biden is not going to beat Trump. Unless Trump finally figures out how to hang himself. Practically though, Trump is going to win in November. Even if Biden backed out today, I think Harris or whoever the replacement would be, wouldn't have time to clean up the mess and rally everyone to beat Trump.

So, get behind him. Hide him. Be strategic and use him however he is most effective. But GET TO WORK, with more believable and potentially popular campaigners, and salvage as much of the House and Senate as possible.

The silver lining, if they're effective at saving one or both of them, is having a split White House and Congress "should" limit the damage Trump can do in 4 years. And if this whole Biden thing has resolved the party, at all, to take the POTUS candidacy more seriously, and they actually work to prop up a couple good candidates... The damage Trump will end up doing to the GOP's image over the next 4 years could set the DNC party up well in 2026, 2028, and forward.

They're losing the Oval Office no matter what, at this point. As an Independent...I really, really, really hope they figure out how to avoid losing the Senate and House as well. That should be what matters most right now.

Take Biden out? Get behind him? Time is running out, and I think the absolute worst course of action would be to continue what it looks like they've been doing for a fair bit now...which is cover for him, and let public perception of DNC leadership continue to erode.

There needs to be some decisive action taken, and taken very soon. And since one of those decisions relies on Biden, and his team, to agree to be "taken out"... With Biden certainly not appearing to be on board with that. THEN, I think they need to end all the speculation, and get back to fully backing him. But more importantly, enlisting Harris, Newsome, Whitmer, Obamas, etc... to become HEAVILY involved in general campaigning for down ticket races.

Biden is not going to beat Trump. Unless Trump finally figures out how to hang himself. Practically though, Trump is going to win in November. Even if Biden backed out today, I think Harris or whoever the replacement would be, wouldn't have time to clean up the mess and rally everyone to beat Trump.

So, get behind him. Hide him. Be strategic and use him however he is most effective. But GET TO WORK, with more believable and potentially popular campaigners, and salvage as much of the House and Senate as possible.

The silver lining, if they're effective at saving one or both of them, is having a split White House and Congress "should" limit the damage Trump can do in 4 years. And if this whole Biden thing has resolved the party, at all, to take the POTUS candidacy more seriously, and they actually work to prop up a couple good candidates... The damage Trump will end up doing to the GOP's image over the next 4 years could set the DNC party up well in 2026, 2028, and forward.

They're losing the Oval Office no matter what, at this point. As an Independent...I really, really, really hope they figure out how to avoid losing the Senate and House as well. That should be what matters most right now.
Biden is despicable. F that dude. Dems shouldn’t give him a penny. Not one more cent. They should just flood Dem senate/house candidates with dough

my criteria:
1) anyone but Trump
2) anyone but Biden, in any party

If it stays Trump-Biden I have to stop after #1, hold my nose, vote Biden, vote D for president the 3rd straight time after voting R 9 straight times 1980-2012.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and DANC
I think Harris would do better than people think. She’s not Trump, which is the most important quality anyone can have for a large part of the electorate.
You're probably the only person in the world that believes that. She would get absolutely crushed in the upper Midwest. She's far less popular than almost any other Dem. She was once considered the Dem frontrunner in 2020 then got 1% of the vote and had to drop out before Iowa.

Dems need to focus on down ballot races.

I think Harris would do better than people think. She’s not Trump, which is the most important quality anyone can have for a large part of the electorate.
You’ve got to be kidding me. She’s a complete dunce. A clown. She likely performs worse than Biden would in the election.

Reactions: ulrey and DANC
So as all of this about biden and what the dem's have been perpetrating over the last 4+ years. Does this fit the definition of a silent coupe? Or a co-opted Government? An overthrow of our executive branch? Just what is the proper bucket to file this in?
If they get biden out, which only adds more proof of what they have been conducting, every message should be, "What is the dem leadership NOT telling you about this candidate"?

Reactions: ulrey and stollcpa
You're probably the only person in the world that believes that. She would get absolutely crushed in the upper Midwest. She's far less popular than almost any other Dem. She was once considered the Dem frontrunner in 2020 then got 1% of the vote and had to drop out before Iowa.

He’s not the only person. I agree with him. The Democrats will rally around her and she will be difficult for Trump to beat. Save me the bullshit on the polling. It will change if she becomes the nominee.

Dems are lost behind the curtain of a horribly corrupt party. The censorship issues alone that reporters went through while intimidated should have every American concerned but we look the other way. The FBI parents school crap, the FBI arresting grandparents for Jan 6th and jailing them without charge or bond. WTF man this is some whacked out crap. Then this...IDK if it's money or whatever but this sex change sh!t, which Medicaid is paying for, kids being taken from parents, where in the ever loving hell is this direction going? My kids and grandkids are growing up in a dystopian society. This should scare the living shit out of everyone but we just turn the other cheek.

You’ve got to be kidding me. She’s a complete dunce. A clown. She likely performs worse than Biden would in the election.
Dude. Biden’s carcass is polling a few points behind Trump. He’s completely gone and everyone knows it, yet he would still have a punchers chance if the election were today.

You put Harris in his place, with the full force of the party and the media behind her, and I think she’d win.

She’d do better than Joe, I guarantee you that.

November is a long time away. Lots of things could happen between now and then with Trump.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
I think eventually Democrats will have to own up to the gaslighting and apologize …

The more they gaslight about how OK Joe is … the deeper the hole gets …

Just replacing Joe … now … won’t escape the backlash for this election…

Too many policy issues are hitting the kitchen table and pocket book too.

Reactions: DANC
I think eventually Democrats will have to own up to the gaslighting and apologize …

Just replacing Joe … now … won’t escape the backlash for this election…

Too many policy issues are hitting the kitchen table and pocket book too.
Nah, people don’t care that much. Dems won’t have to apologize for anything. Simply giving people a viable alternative to Trump will be enough.

Trump will call her heels up Harris or worse and alienate a shit load of people who would otherwise possibly vote for him. He’d say something stupid that the media would play up as racist.

I’m surprised the Dems haven’t made the switch yet.

Biden is refusing to drop out and will not drop out. They now have no choice but to get behind him because Joe is going to do what Joe wants to do. Joe will likley cost plent of dems their seats and none of them are going to want anything to do with him on the campaign trail this summer or fall.

I do not think so but it is irrelevant Joe is not going to drop out period. He is in it to lose it I guess. The swing state polling that came out today is brutal for Joe. Down 5 in Penns and the same in Arizona and Georgia. Joe is a stubborn old man who simply will not walk away.

Dems only hope for Biden not to run would be a health issue at this point. He's basically told everyone he's not changing his mind today.

I somewhat agree with McM, but for a slightly different reason. If Dems are concerned that Joe is a sinking ship and is alienating some of the base (far left, moderates, people who don't want geriatrics in office), they should invest massively in electable Congress members who are competing in swing states.

Distance themselves from Joe and his track record. Go after the younger votes and more energetic, deserving candidates.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Who, other than Joe himself, has been gaslighting about how OK he is, since the debate?

There's some saying he needs to drop out, NOW.

There are others saying that he is a propped-up cardboard cutout of his former self, but at least he's not a dangerous racist felon who lies all day, every day.

There is a tinier third group saying that some days for Joe are worse than others, that on a bad day he may be a propped-up cardboard cutout of his former self, but even on those days at least he's not a dangerous racist felon who lies all day, every day.

There is no 4th group of Dems or independents, that I have seen, other than maybe Joe himself and Jill

• Haha
Nah, people don’t care that much. Dems won’t have to apologize for anything. Simply giving people a viable alternative to Trump will be enough.

Trump will call her heels up Harris or worse and alienate a shit load of people who would otherwise possibly vote for him. He’d say something stupid that the media would play up as racist.

I’m surprised the Dems haven’t made the switch yet.
I'm not as bullish on her chances as you are, but there's no question she has a better shot than Joe. The people on this forum have such a cartoonish opinion of her, the response here is nothing like it would be nationally.

And you're probably right that the simple fact of her identity gives Trump more opportunity to be, well, him, although I'm not sure how much that will really hurt him.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
I'm not as bullish on her chances as you are, but there's no question she has a better shot than Joe. The people on this forum have such a cartoonish opinion of her, the response here is nothing like it would be nationally.

And you're probably right that the simple fact of her identity gives Trump more opportunity to be, well, him, although I'm not sure how much that will really hurt him.
Her favorability approval ratings have been incredibly bad during her term. Will she go back to her progressive rhetoric that netted her a historic low approval for a vp. If trump had half a brain he’d pin her on that period. Border. Inflation. ID politics. Like a hammer

Her favorability approval ratings have been incredibly bad during her term. Will she go back to her progressive rhetoric that netted her a historic low approval for a vp. If trump had half a brain he’d pin her on that period. Border. Inflation. ID politics. Like a hammer
Yeah, but hoops is probably right, instead he'll just call her a slut.

Ah yes, I'm sure she was sleeping with old Slick Willie for his good looks and charm.

She's a cartoon. Her few statements have been utter disasters, which is why she's been shoved into the closet during the first few years of this administration.

Dems only hope for Biden not to run would be a health issue at this point. He's basically told everyone he's not changing his mind today.

I somewhat agree with McM, but for a slightly different reason. If Dems are concerned that Joe is a sinking ship and is alienating some of the base (far left, moderates, people who don't want geriatrics in office), they should invest massively in electable Congress members who are competing in swing states.

Distance themselves from Joe and his track record. Go after the younger votes and more energetic, deserving candidates.
Biden is still within striking distance in the polls. Whatever the best way possible is to support him...but also very, very clearly distance yourself from him down ballot in key races...that's what "they" should do. Trump is VERY capable of F-ing his race up. Maybe it'd end up that Biden limps to a victory? But if reallocating massive resources down ballot puts the final nail in the Biden campaign...so be it. They've put a dozen nails in themselves.

Also...who ends up being "they" in all this? Its not like any singular person is going to have to answer for Biden remaining in power and remaining in this race. And I suspect the major players behind it, if there are defined players, will be black listed within the party for it.

This advice goes out to both parties. As an independent voter...the first party that gets back to a coherent platform, that's in any way moderate... AND pushes the highest level candidates to fit that mold... will likely get my party allegiance. Truthfully, I hope its the GOP, as I align with more traditionally conservative platform stances than the DNC. But its hard to wrap my head around a party that is continuing to fully support someone like Trump, flipping at the end of his term, and turning their backs on him towards a more normal candidate like Haley or whoever else.

As the world can see right now...many in the Democratic Party have a limit for their support of a candidate that should not have support. Trump has never shown the levels of decline and dementia that Biden is showing now. But he's shown equally bad things with his personality, governing style, lack of any integrity or honesty. The Democrats are now taking nearly all the heat for continuing to push and support Biden. Which is rich with irony coming from Trump supporting GOPers.

Official and prodecural support for Biden.
Massive, best efforts, tons of money support down ballot.
Both parties need to rally around what should be their own core beliefs, and find a way to lead by those, but be willing to listen to some of the other sides stuff.

The good news is...I think the next 4 years, from a governance and mood standpoint...could be so bad that it might just give enough people on both sides of the aisle motivation to doing what's "right" again. Or at least entertaining the thought.

200w.gif

For sure

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Biden is still within striking distance in the polls. Whatever the best way possible is to support him...but also very, very clearly distance yourself from him down ballot in key races...that's what "they" should do. Trump is VERY capable of F-ing his race up. Maybe it'd end up that Biden limps to a victory? But if reallocating massive resources down ballot puts the final nail in the Biden campaign...so be it. They've put a dozen nails in themselves.

Also...who ends up being "they" in all this? Its not like any singular person is going to have to answer for Biden remaining in power and remaining in this race. And I suspect the major players behind it, if there are defined players, will be black listed within the party for it.

This advice goes out to both parties. As an independent voter...the first party that gets back to a coherent platform, that's in any way moderate... AND pushes the highest level candidates to fit that mold... will likely get my party allegiance. Truthfully, I hope its the GOP, as I align with more traditionally conservative platform stances than the DNC. But its hard to wrap my head around a party that is continuing to fully support someone like Trump, flipping at the end of his term, and turning their backs on him towards a more normal candidate like Haley or whoever else.

As the world can see right now...many in the Democratic Party have a limit for their support of a candidate that should not have support. Trump has never shown the levels of decline and dementia that Biden is showing now. But he's shown equally bad things with his personality, governing style, lack of any integrity or honesty. The Democrats are now taking nearly all the heat for continuing to push and support Biden. Which is rich with irony coming from Trump supporting GOPers.

Official and prodecural support for Biden.
Massive, best efforts, tons of money support down ballot.
Both parties need to rally around what should be their own core beliefs, and find a way to lead by those, but be willing to listen to some of the other sides stuff.

The good news is...I think the next 4 years, from a governance and mood standpoint...could be so bad that it might just give enough people on both sides of the aisle motivation to doing what's "right" again. Or at least entertaining the thought.

I wish I shared your optimism. The direction of the parties, particularly given the dynamics of primary elections, has crushed the moderates. Look at guys like McCain or Romney. They're treated with vitriol and disgust by most of the GOP, the same way Manchin is by Dems.

Part of the reason that more polarizing figures are gaining popularity are because of primaries, which only serves to galvanize the extremes, not the moderates or independents. Someone like yourself who has voted across the aisle, is less likely to participate because they have less influence.

And thus, we land at figures that are more right or left than you'd expect. I foresee this disappointing cycle continuing to occur over and over until something changes, which doesn't appear to be any time soon.

She's a terrible speaker. She would do terribly, just like her polling suggests.

Don't underestimate the unpopularity of Trump. Lots of people will be looking for any excuse to vote against him. Anything that would change the current Biden narrative hurts Trump. Doesn't really matter who it is, as long as it's someone not nearing death.

I wish I shared your optimism. The direction of the parties, particularly given the dynamics of primary elections, has crushed the moderates. Look at guys like McCain or Romney. They're treated with vitriol and disgust by most of the GOP, the same way Manchin is by Dems.

Part of the reason that more polarizing figures are gaining popularity are because of primaries, which only serves to galvanize the extremes, not the moderates or independents. Someone like yourself who has voted across the aisle, is less likely to participate because they have less influence.

And thus, we land at figures that are more right or left than you'd expect. I foresee this disappointing cycle continuing to occur over and over until something changes, which doesn't appear to be any time soon.
I'm trying to force silver lining type thoughts.

Trumps first presidency created 80 million people voting for someone like Biden. I think a 2nd Trump Presidency could be metaphorical smelling salts to A LOT of people, and party leaders.

Don't underestimate the unpopularity of Trump. Lots of people will be looking for any excuse to vote against him. Anything that would change the current Biden narrative hurts Trump. Doesn't really matter who it is, as long as it's someone not nearing death.

Biden crushed Harris. She was terrible. Not even a Top 5 Dem at the time. Certainly isn't one now.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66

Best course is to announce he’s not going to accept the nomination and not “endorse” Harris. He should say a few nice things about her but not encourage his electors to switch their loyalty to her.

He should instead encourage interested Democrats to throw their hats in the ring over a few days and get busy campaigning. Harris can run too if she wants to. I say this because anointing Harris wouldn’t be best for Dems to have the best candidate and it wouldn’t be best for Harris either. She had one poor debate and dropped out before the first primary vote was cast. She hasn’t proven she’s a good candidate. She’s essentially untested.

A short “primary” would allow her and the other candidates to show what they got and to test each other. The DNC should announce the rules and hold debates, maybe weekly. The strongest two or three candidates would emerge for a contested convention. That would be great entertainment and could result in the best candidate to defeat Trump.

Dude. Biden’s carcass is polling a few points behind Trump. He’s completely gone and everyone knows it, yet he would still have a punchers chance if the election were today.

You put Harris in his place, with the full force of the party and the media behind her, and I think she’d win.

She’d do better than Joe, I guarantee you that.
Not a chance.

Who, other than Joe himself, has been gaslighting about how OK he is, since the debate?

There's some saying he needs to drop out, NOW.

There are others saying that he is a propped-up cardboard cutout of his former self, but at least he's not a dangerous racist felon who lies all day, every day.

There is a tinier third group saying that some days for Joe are worse than others, that on a bad day he may be a propped-up cardboard cutout of his former self, but even on those days at least he's not a dangerous racist felon who lies all day, every day.

There is no 4th group of Dems or independents, that I have seen, other than maybe Joe himself and Jill
There's a conspiracy theory being pushed by bots and trolls which the whack jobs repeat claiming the Dems have covered up Joe's dementia.... it usually starts with something like "how long have they known" .... nothing but political porn for the weirdest and most gullible of weirdos.

She wouldn’t be facing Nikki Haley, she’d be facing someone with very poor favorability ratings, too. It might be closer than most think.

Frankly, I’d roll the dice if I’m the Dems and just get a competent and likable candidate and hope they can win over enough voters in such a short timespan. Again, there are a lot of independent voters who just want an excuse not to have to vote for Trump. However, I do realize they’d be severely criticized for not going with Harris, since she is second on the ticket. Joe chose poorly.

She wouldn’t be facing Nikki Haley, she’d be facing someone with very poor favorability ratings, too. It might be closer than most think.

Frankly, I’d roll the dice if I’m the Dems and just get a competent and likable candidate and hope they can win over enough voters in such a short timespan. Again, there are a lot of independent voters who just want an excuse not to have to vote for Trump. However, I do realize they’d be severely criticized for not going with Harris, since she is second on the ticket. Joe chose poorly.
Co-sign. A competent likable candidate would destroy trump

Reactions: Indyhorn
There's a conspiracy theory being pushed by bots and trolls which the whack jobs repeat claiming the Dems have covered up Joe's dementia.... it usually starts with something like "how long have they known" .... nothing but political porn for the weirdest and most gullible of weirdos.
Lmao how clueless are you. You think his state presented for the first time at the debate? 🤣🤣🤣. There’s a reason questions were issued to interviewers in advance, his interactions were limited, he had prescreened people to call on.

TMP. Where arrogance meets ignorance. You never fail to amaze

Last edited:
Running Kamala would be like the Pubs running Sarah Palin only worse. At least Palin was a Governor and got their on her own merit. I hope the Dems make the switch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT