ADVERTISEMENT

Deja vu is in the air.

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
Brohm and Allen remind me of Tiller and Sham Cameron. All hired on in similar situations but Brohm appears to be taking the Tiller route leading Purdue to respectability while Allen takes us back down the same path we have been stuck on for years.

Brohm and Allen remind me of Tiller and Sham Cameron. All hired on in similar situations but Brohm appears to be taking the Tiller route leading Purdue to respectability while Allen takes us back down the same path we have been stuck on for years.

Three games into the season, their fans were hating on Brohm. They have beaten (the hell out of) one good team. Fans are fickle. That said, Brohm is a very good coach.

Reactions: Lillyr66
Give it a REST!! Allen is in year two. IU isn't getting blown out like in the past (Iowa excepted but rare), recruiting clearly up (visualizing Penix & Sampson/Scott & good WR's), defense has lot of young guns now, and Allen has accountability & focus as strong traits. If IU goes to a bowl this year, majority (save haters?) would be pleased with that as we continue to build.

Clean up the special teams and we beat Penn St. last week. It will happen.

Give it a REST!! Allen is in year two. IU isn't getting blown out like in the past (Iowa excepted but rare), recruiting clearly up (visualizing Penix & Sampson/Scott & good WR's), defense has lot of young guns now, and Allen has accountability & focus as strong traits. If IU goes to a bowl this year, majority (save haters?) would be pleased with that as we continue to build.

I'm not saying to fire Allen. On the contrary I feel like he may just be the best we can expect from Glass. I have zero faith in Glass to find and hire an improvement. I sincerely hope that Allen makes me give it a rest. Unfortunately your post is deja vu too. Give him time, we're young, recruiting is up........blah blah blah. Same stuff we've heard forever.

Three games into the season, their fans were hating on Brohm. They have beaten (the hell out of) one good team. Fans are fickle. That said, Brohm is a very good coach.

I live in Lafayette. I am not sure which fans were hating on Brohm. I would wager it was an extremely small, tiny percent. Fans knew there would be setbacks (especially since all saw last year as outperforming expectations) but I see no hating, even before Saturday. Sorry, the "who they have played argument" is gone after Saturday. They may still have a let down, but, sadly for IU folks like me, they are very good (in year two).

I live in Lafayette. I am not sure which fans were hating on Brohm. I would wager it was an extremely small, tiny percent. Fans knew there would be setbacks (especially since all saw last year as outperforming expectations) but I see no hating, even before Saturday. Sorry, the "who they have played argument" is gone after Saturday. They may still have a let down, but, sadly for IU folks like me, they are very good (in year two).

Fan forums

Their board had some fans questioning Brohm. Probably like here where there is a very vocal few. But there definitely some folks complaining.

I'm not saying to fire Allen. On the contrary I feel like he may just be the best we can expect from Glass. I have zero faith in Glass to find and hire an improvement. I sincerely hope that Allen makes me give it a rest. Unfortunately your post is deja vu too. Give him time, we're young, recruiting is up........blah blah blah. Same stuff we've heard forever.

My ONLY complaints for Glass are: put names on uniforms back AND figure out a comprehensive strategy/plan to work with students, season ticket holders, ticket office marketing, etc. to improve the game experience and decrease the number of people leaving early or not going in from tailgating. Find incentives (or penalties) but ideally it's positive ways to educate students. Oh and start by lowering ticket prices and concessions and play the long game. Get fans in stands (even opposing ones) to make for a real game like atmosphere.

But he hired Allen who I am all in on so that's not the issue to me (though he may continue to evaluate and tweak his staff) but supporting the team is key now.

If you take the special teams blunders out of the equation, it basically makes it an even game.

You don't think we would have found some other way to lose?

I'm not ready to assign Allen Cam Cameron status yet, primarily because of recruiting and his fire. I will say he's shown me nothing yet in the area of game day coaching. Brohm took him to school last year, Dantonio this year. Saturday there was the mess just prior to HT, the wasted TO on the punt situation, and the snafu on the 4th & 1 pass call 3 errors of that nature are more than enough to lose a close game.

Then there's the issue of what type of O we want to run. He seems to have put that matter on the back burner, while he concentrates on the D.

He also needs to dump DeBord & Inge, and tighten up the decision making, imo.

Reactions: iulb and indy1203
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT