ADVERTISEMENT

DeBoer to Fresno.....

Yea, ok, would you be interested in making a wager on who the next HC at Fresno St is ? I get CKD and you can have the rest of the field.
You might be right, but I imagine there is currently a tug of war between Fresno AD and CTA with CKD in the middle. It's not over.

Reactions: JWilk1234
Yea, ok, would you be interested in making a wager on who the next HC at Fresno St is ? I get CKD and you can have the rest of the field.
Not trying to start sh!t but its a board and I couldn't even read it unless I paid...Its been known for weeks who their top choice is. You mind sharing what the board said so I don't have to waste my money and subscribe? AND who authored the post?

Although it's not official it is likely it's CKD is gone. I hope not but can't blame him and I disagree with some on here and I think a head coaching position at SDS looks better on a resume than an OC at IU.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
Reactions: bang63
Why are you guys upset? This guy clearly deserves that job. I commend him for what he did this year. We will find someone else that is good.

Why are you guys upset? This guy clearly deserves that job. I commend him for what he did this year. We will find someone else that is good.
Not good to lose a star OC the day before NSD. We could lose some valuable recruiting momentum from an 8 win season.

And we still have Wommack... Who is terrible.

Man, calm down. Allen was extended because we believe he can make the right decisions.
Deboer was the difference between 5-7 and 8-4. He was the sole reason we beat Purdue, Maryland and Nebraska because it sure as hell wasn't Wommack and his awful defense (who cost us the MSU game as our 9th win).

I'll get over it. But today I reserve the right to be a grumpy old man.

Not good to lose a star OC the day before NSD. We could lose some valuable recruiting momentum from an 8 win season.

And we still have Wommack... Who is terrible.
We will find a great replacement, this will be a desirable position, we have great offensive players returning and showed a willingness to pay. Not to mention our HC just signed a long term contract and our OC moved on to a HC position. Big time football schools lose coaches all the time, we just aren’t used to it.... yet.

We will find a great replacement, this will be a desirable position, we have great offensive players returning and showed a willingness to pay. Not to mention our HC just signed a long term contract and our OC moved on to a HC position. Big time football schools lose coaches all the time, we just aren’t used to it.... yet.
Yes, we'll be fine.

But today still stinks.

Looks like news outlets are starting to report CKD moving on. I'm kind of pissed. We finally have one decent season and the AD and OC are bailing. Totally sucks.
Go Hoosiers!

Looks like news outlets are starting to report CKD moving on. I'm kind of pissed. We finally have one decent season and the AD and OC are bailing. Totally sucks.
Go Hoosiers!
It does feel like we never seem to have any continuity.

Deboer was the difference between 5-7 and 8-4. He was the sole reason we beat Purdue, Maryland and Nebraska because it sure as hell wasn't Wommack and his awful defense (who cost us the MSU game as our 9th win).

I'll get over it. But today I reserve the right to be a grumpy old man.
I realize the D was, uh, inconsistent, but we’re 37th in total defense and about the same in the S&P+. You’re way over the top here.

Reactions: boston jamie
I realize the D was, uh, inconsistent, but we’re 37th in total defense and about the same in the S&P+. You’re way over the top here.
Not over the top at all. Skewed due to two shut outs versus Rutgers and EIU as well as holding Northwestern and UCONN to 3 points. All 4 offenses we utterly inept all year long and won a total of 6 games (and 2 conference games) all together. That's 6-42.

Everyone else scored AN AVERAGE of 36 points per game!!!

We won 8 games because of Deboer, pure and simple.

Usually agree with you, bit IUC is right. Lots of skewwed numbers. My eyes tell me the defense was NOT GOOD.

636536108791441939-USATSI-10511418.jpg

Never know, Deboer may pull a McDaniels on them. lol

"Bird in the hand" versus "bird in the bush"

3rd new system in 3 seasons = sub-optimal

Obviously, Deboer+Penix/Ramsey/Scott/Whop/etc WORKED.

If he goes, next year becomes a question mark.
Next guy might work, might not.

So, what about ME?
:D

I wonder which coach will get a trial run to call the plays for the bowl if KD isn't staying until the bowl game. Hart?

It looks like this is the case that he is indeed leaving. Think everyone can be bummed due to how solid he was this year and only staying one season. But he was OC there prior, coach is leaving due to health reasons, sure they are paying him well above current OC deal at IU, and maybe he was just in a hurry to be his own HC. He seems like such a solid guy, how can we be anything but happy for him and his career. Can't blame him, but would suggest staying at IU even one more year, he may have been up for bigger HC jobs as I'm not sure he can turn Fresno into a world beater. But again, if it's true, good luck and thank you for a great season!

The optimist in me says: we have a good budget to hire good talent, and there are talented other coaches in America. This board often will find posts of 5-6 good candidates and you see them and realize, there is definitely creative talent out there. Things happen for a reason. I just hope Allen does a similar kind of search as he did to get DeBoer, and not the comfort level of friends only, that seems to have led to Wommack as DC (and maybe Hiller at OL).

And not to over-hype him, but our former QB, then TE coach Sheridan was on the sidelines this season, seemingly with a direct line to DeBoer in the booth. He was a DeBord protege (at least for high level sense of being an OC), a QB himself, adapted well it seemed to TE this year (see Hendershot) and likely got a good grasp of DeBoer's methods working with him all year and on headsets with him all season. Would he just not have the resume yet regardless if he was a creative, sharp younger coach? (Not pushing him, starting a discussion mainly!) Think IU's season will attract top talent of better players and coaches.

Not saying he will and distance would be a huge factor but I’ll throw it out there anyway. Is anyone else worried that PR might join him at Fresno? I haven’t seen their depth chart tbh. Also, could it effect him transferring to another school without Deboer here?

Not saying he will and distance would be a huge factor but I’ll throw it out there anyway. Is anyone else worried that PR might join him at Fresno? I haven’t seen their depth chart tbh. Also, could it effect him transferring to another school without Deboer here?
Don't say that.

Wow. He could be the man there instead of being 2nd fiddle to Penix here.

Never say that again.

So, what about ME?

Are you saying you want to toss your hat into the ring for OC?

So, what about ME?

All that, plus the short-term dilemma/distraction of not having an OC for the bowl game, but the best answer is that we don't give a damn about Fresno State football.

Word is Fresno State starting QB is returning. BTW, heard Purdue's Sindelar IS NOT returning!

Although it's not official it is likely it's CKD is gone. I hope not but can't blame him and I disagree with some on here and I think a head coaching position at SDS looks better on a resume than an OC at IU.

I get you, but.....if he goes to FSU unless he's very successful in years 1-2, he's probably there for 3 years, because now that he's a HC, a power 5 team won't likely hire a 6-5, 5-6 HC, and simply because it's a lot bigger deal leaving as a HC practically & legally. And, let's assume he's NOT successful by year 3....then he's there until year 5 or so.

Had he stayed at IU one more year and been highly successful again, he would have looked very good to P5 teams with no "blemishes" on his record.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT