ADVERTISEMENT

Death March 2018-19

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
Slow day - reprising a once standard annual feature begun by someone else to commemorate IU being the last D1 program to record an undefeated season.

Down to 11 teams out of 353 - Furman, St. Johns, Arizona St., Buffalo, Texas Tech, Gonzaga, Nevada, Michigan, Virginia and Kansas. Furman and Nevada seem to have the best chance of making it through to the Tourney with prefect records having negotiated the hardest part of their schedules with remaining games mostly within relatively weak conferences. Gonzaga still has #7 TN at home and #14 UNC on the road, don't see Buffalo winning out in Mid-American play. And there's the Dance...

Last edited:
Reactions: snowling
Slow day - reprising a once standard annual feature begun by someone else to commemorate IU being the last D1 program to record an undefeated season.

Down to 11 teams out of 353 - Furman, St. Johns, Arizona St., Boston, Buffalo, Texas Tech, Gonzaga, Nevada, Michigan, Virginia and Kansas. Furman and Nevada seem to have the best chance of making it through to the Tourney with prefect records having negotiated the hardest part of their schedules with remaining games mostly within relatively weak conferences. Gonzaga still has #7 TN at home and #14 UNC on the road, don't see Buffalo winning out in Mid-American play. And there's the Dance...
only gonzaga has a shot due to their weak schedule. they'll be exposed sooner or later.

Down to 11 teams out of 353 - Furman, St. Johns, Arizona St., Boston, Buffalo, Texas Tech, Gonzaga, Nevada, Michigan, Virginia and Kansas. Furman and Nevada seem to have the best chance of making it through to the Tourney with prefect records having negotiated the hardest part of their schedules with remaining games mostly within relatively weak conferences. Gonzaga still has #7 TN at home and #14 UNC on the road, don't see Buffalo winning out in Mid-American play. And there's the Dance...
only gonzaga has a shot due to their weak schedule. they'll be exposed sooner or later.
No, Gonzaga is loaded and they’ve already beaten Duke. Should be a Final Four team and I bet the odds on favorite to go undefeated, if anyone is. But they won’t, because it’s really, really hard.

No, Gonzaga is loaded and they’ve already beaten Duke. Should be a Final Four team and I bet the odds on favorite to go undefeated, if anyone is. But they won’t, because it’s really, really hard.
you think they beat duke again?

And the five are:
Virginia: they play Duke on 1/19
Michigan: big test at Wisconsin on 1/19
St. John's: they play at Seton Hall next Saturday
Houston: tough game at Temple on 1/9
Nevada: they play in a mid-major conference with no one who looks particularly strong, so...

Reactions: snowling
I watched that game. Nevada was never a threat to win and by the end NM was getting threes from way downtown. A slaughter.

Interestingly, Nevada is the only team I can recall who doesn't start a listed guard.

Virginia and Michigan, eh? No one would have predicted that 2 months ago, that's for sure.

Will be interesting to see if UM still gets #1.

Last edited:
Does this mean Tennessee (a football school) is the new #1? Or do the voters give Duke a pass for the home loss the other night to Syracuse without Reddish and Jones? Should be a close vote either way.

And the five are:
Virginia: they play Duke on 1/19
Michigan: big test at Wisconsin on 1/19
St. John's: they play at Seton Hall next Saturday
Houston: tough game at Temple on 1/9
Nevada: they play in a mid-major conference with no one who looks particularly strong, so...

I predicted four of the last five losses for the unbeatens. If only I had been as lucky in Vegas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT