ADVERTISEMENT

Death March 2023

As of Saturday evening at 7:31pm cst

Mississippi State only won by 2 point to 5-6 Nicholls State
New Mexico plays Iona tomorrow
Utah State plays Weber State on Monday
Connecticut currently leading of Butler 43-39 with 9:37 to go in 2nd half
Purdue beat Davidson 61-69... but Davidson made it a game down to about 4 minutes to go

UNLV - OUT... got beat by 75-73 by San Francisco Dons

Attended the Butler game. Bulldogs scrapped for 35 min and then got rolled down the stretch.
UConn is very good.

Reactions: Tscurlo
Down go the USU Aggies!
Down to 4.

UConn is the only one who has a legit chance of making it to March. As of today, they don’t play another ranked team.

Edit: just realized Marquette moved into the top 25 this week.

77gd5tyco37a1.png

Mississippi State loses to Drake. They'd been flirting with disaster for a couple of weeks. Down to 3 undefeated teams.

UConn is the only real possibility among the three and KenPom has them with just a 6% chance to go undefeated thru the regular season. I think you guys are safe for another year.

Reactions: indyogb
Mississippi State loses to Drake. They'd been flirting with disaster for a couple of weeks. Down to 3 undefeated teams.

UConn is the only real possibility among the three and KenPom has them with just a 6% chance to go undefeated thru the regular season. I think you guys are safe for another year.
We don’t care.

Watching the game, sounds like IU playing in a dead house!
I was there, and yeah, it was a somber crowd. It's always that way without the students. I felt sorry for the cheerleaders. They were, as usual, working hard to gin up some enthusiasm, but the only sounds came from the p.a.

Of course, the team didn't give us a lot to get excited about. Elon hung close until late in the first half. They were the ones hitting treys and doing artful work in the paint. Eventually talent won out, and there were some plays that got the crowd off their duffs.

Annual tribute to the last undefeated NCAA D1 Men's BB Team - 1975-76 Indiana Hoosiers.

26 24 22 20 18 16 15 13 10 9 6 5 4 3 unbeaten squads remaining: Indiana, Texas, Houston, Virginia, Connecticut, Arizona, pureDoo, Iowa, Auburn, Maryland, Mississippi State, St. John's, Iowa State, Missouri, Utah State, Mississippi, Kansas State, Drake, Sam Houston State, UNLV, Yale, New Mexico, Louisiana, Seattle, Quinnipiac and Southern Mississippi.

In recognition of certain and impending fatalities, no services will be held. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the West Lafayette Center for Chronic Insecurity and Obsessive Neurosis. Contributions of pacifiers, diapers, rectal ointments and lollipops are especially welcome. Go to www.neverpurdoo.com.
And then there were two. Purdue and New Mexico. I hope Purdue is still undefeated when they come to Bloomington. Would make for an even more crazy atmosphere.

New Mexico has Fresno State tomorrow and UNLV on Saturday. Their comp is marginal so they may prolong their run for awhile.

Thank you, Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT