ADVERTISEMENT

Dawson Garcia in B1G?

TwinDegrees2....er........I mean Fpeaugh, said that his cousin from Wisconsin, who is having an affair with the wife of a Marquette professor, overheard Dawson give Wojo a silent verbal while eating in the campus cafeteria.

Fraudpaw is laying low after the beatings he has taken on both IU boards the last couple of weeks. Add IU's FB success and he may be on suicide watch.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Minnesota is not a serious player. Pitino loses every top recruit from the state
didn't think so. Garcia did a nice job of saying good thinks about Minny without actually sounding overly interested in staying home.

I doubt we hear much about his final visit to Milwaukee this weekend either. Next bit of news (my guess) is setting the big announcement date, which should be imminent.

didn't think so. Garcia did a nice job of saying good thinks about Minny without actually sounding overly interested in staying home.

I doubt we hear much about his final visit to Milwaukee this weekend either. Next bit of news (my guess) is setting the big announcement date, which should be imminent.
Should be in the next week. He wants to sign in the early signing period which runs from tomorrow (11/13) to the 20th.

Interesting side note....Jalen Suggs is the #1 prospect from MN (Garcia is #2) and considered a lock for Gonzaga, but just read an article dated last week that he hasn't completely ruled out skipping the college route and playing pro ball overseas for a yr until he can enter the NBA draft.

Garcia's projected school at 247 sports just went up to 67% Marquette. It had been 50% for months.

That is a bad sign.

Garcia's projected school at 247 sports just went up to 67% Marquette. It had been 50% for months.

That is a bad sign.
Not really - that is a Duke writer. Guess where Wojo played college ball?

Garcia might not end up in Bloomington, but I’m convinced that guy is guessing.

Reactions: minneman
Not really - that is a Duke writer. Guess where Wojo played college ball?

Garcia might not end up in Bloomington, but I’m convinced that guy is guessing.

Well, he placed a guess on Marquette back in March and didn't change it until today when he increased the odds. He obviously has heard something or he wouldn't have changed it from 50/50, yea?

Well, he placed a guess on Marquette back in March and didn't change it until today when he increased the odds. He obviously has heard something or he wouldn't have changed it from 50/50, yea?
That's not how it works. Previously, there were 2 people predicting his choice - 1 for undecided and 1 for Marquette. Hence 50/50 for months. The Blue Devil writer just added his prediction (guess) for Marquette so now it's 2/3 saying Marquette. It's not 1 person changing their prediction, it's 1 person (likely biased) that probably has no source close to Garcia adding their prediction.

I'd take it with a huge grain of salt. They may end up correct but that would be more from luck than actual knowledge.

Well they have been on him the longest and got the crucial last visit. Not really that shocking I guess. Seemed pretty positive for awhile but marqutte getting that last visit was a big deal imo.
We made a good run at him.

still waiting to see. All that has changed over the past few days is a Duke homer chimed in and cast his vote on 247. Maybe he has a back channel to Wojo. Nothing we can do now either way. We gave it our best pitch.

Just makes me hate Duke even more, as if that was possible.

Reactions: minneman
still waiting to see. All that has changed over the past few days is a Duke homer chimed in and cast his vote on 247. Maybe he has a back channel to Wojo. Nothing we can do now either way. We gave it our best pitch.

Just makes me hate Duke even more, as if that was possible.
The other day word is out that Garcia's decision will be announced the afternoon of the 20th.

Wonder if Archie Miller is up there in MN talking to him and family right now. The last say could be critical. Go IU!!

Good luck to the Garcia's. (And to IU.)

The other day word is out that Garcia's decision will be announced the afternoon of the 20th.

Wonder if Archie Miller is up there in MN talking to him and family right now. The last say could be critical. Go IU!!

Good luck to the Garcia's. (And to IU.)
It’s the dead period now

Reactions: GregHaggard
Looking at the bigger picture, we would seem to need a big in this class.

1. De’Ron Davis is a SR and will not be back next year
2. Brunk is a JR and will graduate after next season.
3. Jackson-Davis is obviously very talented. Gotta think the possibility exists that he could turn pro after next season.

Given those 3 scenarios, that would leave us with Race Thompson and, presumably, freshman from the 2021 class in our front court. Would be nice to have a freshman big next season to get a year in the weight room and some seasoning on the court before being leaned on for heavy minutes in 2021.

Reactions: bsmitty08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT