ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell Chooses Purdue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely Elijah Sindelar, former starter (before a ACL injury) and Mr. Kentucky. He was recovering from an injury last season and due to Blough's success he sat out to recover. Purdue is looking for him to have 2 more seasons.

From the Star: "Sindelar threw 49 touchdown passes last season to become Kentucky's career leader with 144, shattering the mark of 133 shared by Ricky Bowling and Tim Couch. His 12,637 career yards rank second all-time and he established another state mark of 41 consecutive games with at least one TD pass."
That's why it is an odd choice. You would have thought Bell would go to a school with an established QB. Also be surprised if they give Sindelar an extra season.

I'd rather have Wandale Robinson than David Bell. I just dont feel Bell is as good as Rondale Moore. He'll be a good Freshman but I haven't lost much sleep over it.

Most likely Elijah Sindelar, former starter (before a ACL injury) and Mr. Kentucky. He was recovering from an injury last season and due to Blough's success he sat out to recover. Purdue is looking for him to have 2 more seasons.

From the Star: "Sindelar threw 49 touchdown passes last season to become Kentucky's career leader with 144, shattering the mark of 133 shared by Ricky Bowling and Tim Couch. His 12,637 career yards rank second all-time and he established another state mark of 41 consecutive games with at least one TD pass."
Nothing personal we don’t really care

That's why it is an odd choice. You would have thought Bell would go to a school with an established QB. Also be surprised if they give Sindelar an extra season.

Yeah, I think Sindelar stands almost no chance of getting an extra year. Generally players needs to miss the bulk of 2 years to injury to get the 6th year. 2018 was the only year he “missed” significant time, but he was also played in 2 games, and dressed/warmed up in all others, so it’s even a stretch for 2018 to qualify as a missed year. I’m sure he wasn’t 100%, but that’s not really the purpose of the 6th year.

I thought Sindelar was better than Blough. He had a rough start this year and that might have been a hangover from the injury. Blough got better. Sindelar will probably get better. Brohm seems to do a good job with QB's. Maybe we should have showcased our talent there if we wanted to draw guys like Bell. We didn't.

I thought Sindelar was better than Blough. He had a rough start this year and that might have been a hangover from the injury. Blough got better. Sindelar will probably get better. Brohm seems to do a good job with QB's. Maybe we should have showcased our talent there if we wanted to draw guys like Bell. We didn't.
I think we opted to try to win games instead

IU backed off of Bell, we didn't want him. Only PU would take him.

Jk...just doing my best GBI impression. IU fans are honest enough to say we got beaten out for a good player.

Reactions: ESalum86
So was there an IU hat on the Table? They had based their self esteem on it not being there.

Why would you not want Daquon Green? How could you even say that Bell is better? He hasn’t even played in college! Green was a 4-star, 5.8 Under Armour All Star. And, the context is important. “Getting on the field” with 4-star competition who were all JR wide receivers vs. going up against kids on a roster who are not remotely the same level.

Come on...you know this guy's act. It isn't about not wanting Green, it is about belittling anything IU does. His stripes don't change.

So was there an IU hat on the Table? They had based their self esteem on it not being there.

There was an IU hat on the table but it looked like something from the Mallory era, wasn't even the approved school logo and color scheme. I think a family member got it at Wal-Mart on the way in. He wasn't coming here. Bell wasn't an IU fan. He also wanted to stay close to home. OSU might have been a serious option had they not had their coaching turmoil and decided to stay on the kid but they dropped him like a lead balloon several months ago.
Some of this may go back to Warren Central's coach, Jayson West, who coached Tre Roberson and saw what happened with Tre at IU under Wilson. Don't believe he is a big IU guy.

Reactions: tenwest
There was an IU hat on the table but it looked like something from the Mallory era, wasn't even the approved school logo and color scheme. I think a family member got it at Wal-Mart on the way in. He wasn't coming here. Bell wasn't an IU fan. He also wanted to stay close to home. OSU might have been a serious option had they not had their coaching turmoil and decided to stay on the kid but they dropped him like a lead balloon several months ago.
Some of this may go back to Warren Central's coach, Jayson West, who coached Tre Roberson and saw what happened with Tre at IU under Wilson. Don't believe he is a big IU guy.

That is a bummer fir the PUers as the IU hat missing was bigger for them than getting Bell.

The kid for Nebraska, Wandale Robinson, along with Haselwood are the two premier WRs in this game.
IU had about as much chance at Bell as Purdue had at Romeo. Basically zero. Look forward to Tiawan Mullen shutting him down because that kid is good.
Whatever the case may be, let's not compare Bell in football to Romeo in basketball or Purdue football to IU basketball. Romeo was almost the highest rated recruit in basketball and IU basketball is one of the best college basketball programs, whereas Bell is not close to being the highest rated recruit and PU football is a .500 program at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT