ADVERTISEMENT

Dasan tweet

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but he was telling O$U fans he was staying with them right up to the time he switched to IU.

I agree with E.Z. Rider, he's 18 years old, we have to acknowledge a change of heart in a few weeks/months is possible. But this is still a very positive update, when he committed it didn't seem like he was attached to Indiana when he flipped from OSU, it was mostly about playing with his family so it's great news to see him post this.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I know he's projected to be a stud, but we can't ignore the fact that he may not figure in at ND. It's not like they don't get top recruits on the regular. And I'm assuming they're already full on scholarships. I can't imagine they'll move heaven & earth to get one (or two) kids.

ND started their semester two weeks ago & he can’t enroll now for the spring.
He would have to apply for the June summer session.
The ND sites are saying that it’s not over if they decide they want him come June, but ND is pretty good at all three positions the sons play & two weren’t even offered coming out.
Said to basically wait until June to see where he will be playing in the fall.

I know he's projected to be a stud, but we can't ignore the fact that he may not figure in at ND. It's not like they don't get top recruits on the regular. And I'm assuming they're already full on scholarships. I can't imagine they'll move heaven & earth to get one (or two) kids.
He would be their 2nd highest rated consensus recruit in the 2022 class, I agree I don't think they'd make room for Deland II and probably Daeh too just because they already have higher 2023 Safety commits, and maybe the fact that Dasan would've been the only brother who was able to transfer played a part in his decision, but I think they would be more than willing to take Dasan if he wanted to come.

The ND sites are saying that it’s not over if they decide they want him come June, but ND is pretty good at all three positions the sons play & two weren’t even offered coming out.
You may be right, but he didn't have to put anything out on social media, he could've completed his semester at IU, said nothing and then do what needed to be done to get out of his NLI to Indiana. Him putting a formal declaration out to the public is a very good sign for Indiana.

I will also note however that he initially said he wasn't going to decommit from OSU and we all know how that turned out. He's 18 years old, it wouldn't surprise me if he did have his mind change at some point between now and summer, and if that happens we'll all be okay with that, we aren't OSU fans. But for now I'd put my money on him being a Hoosier in the fall.

Last edited:
I hate to be a Debbie Downer but he was telling O$U fans he was staying with them right up to the time he switched to IU.
He's much closer to being a college athlete now. Time is running out. Also, he's probably mindful of the fact that he gave false assurances to a fanbase before. I don't think he wants to do that again. I get the apprehension though.

He would be their 2nd highest rated consensus recruit in the 2022 class, I agree I don't think they'd make room for Deland II and probably Daeh too just because they already have higher 2023 Safety commits, and maybe the fact that Dasan would've been the only brother who was able to transfer played a part in his decision, but I think they would be more than willing to take Dasan if he wanted to come.
ND recruited Ford and Gobaira at his position, both of which were All Americans & ND liked them a lot.
You may be right, but he didn't have to put anything out on social media, he could've completed his semester at IU, said nothing and then do what needed to be done to get out of his NLI to Indiana. Him putting a formal declaration out to the public is a very good sign for Indiana.

I will also note however that he initially said he wasn't going to decommit from OSU and we all know how that turned out. He's 18 years old, it wouldn't surprise me if he did have his mind change at some point between now and summer, and if that happens we'll all be okay with that, we aren't OSU fans. But for now I'd put my money on him being a Hoosier in the fall.
ND also RARELY takes undergrad transfers.
I think the only one the past 5-7 years was Gilman, because he was coming from the Naval Academy.

He signed a National Letter of Intent. He's not playing at ND next season unless IU were to give him a release this summer.

ND recruited Ford and Gobaira at his position, both of which were All Americans & ND liked them a lot.

ND also RARELY takes undergrad transfers.
I think the only one the past 5-7 years was Gilman, because he was coming from the Naval Academy.
I'm not saying ND is desperate for him like IU was when they found out they could pry him from the OSU class, what I am saying that if Dasan called Al Washington(who conveniently was linebackers coach at OSU when Dasan was committed to the Buckeyes as a linebacker) and said I want to transfer to Notre Dame this summer, Washington would not turn him down.

On the matter of transferring, He's not even a semester into his career academically, most freshman are just taking Gen Ed's in their first semester and plenty of kids haven't even enrolled at their respective schools. If he transferred over the summer he would not be behind academically. The only barrier would be Indiana not letting him out of his NLI this season if he wanted to leave, and I highly doubt Tom Allen would force Dasan to sit a year if he wanted to go play with his dad, given the circumstances behind him originally commiting to Indiana.

Getting admitted to ND has its challenges to some. Not saying it would here, but ND doesn't usually take undergrad transfers.
I feel like we're not acknowledging the context of the situation, this is not your standard undergrad transfer. Dasan would be a part of the C/O 2022, many of whom will have no college credit in May of 2022 as they will not be early enrollees. Even if he didn't have a single credit transfer from IU to ND(which is unlikely considering freshmen only take Gen eds), he still wouldn't be behind the normal freshman.

I feel like we're not acknowledging the context of the situation, this is not your standard undergrad transfer. Dasan would be a part of the C/O 2022, many of whom will have no college credit in May of 2022 as they will not be early enrollees. Even if he didn't have a single credit transfer from IU to ND(which is unlikely considering freshmen only take Gen eds), he still wouldn't be behind the normal freshman.

Dasan is already enrolled and taking classes. He's a college student, not a recruit anymore.

Dasan is already enrolled and taking classes. He's a college student, not a recruit anymore.
I understand that, but from a football standpoint, he would still be a true freshman if he transferred over the summer, credits really wouldn't be a barrier to him going to Notre Dame. The main barrier to him transferring is the NLI, because he technically can't transfer until the end of this season unless IU signs a release. But if he wanted to leave, I'm sure Indiana would be more than willing to let him go this summer.

Anything is possible but look, any player can transfer at any point now so regardless of whether a kid has their father on staff or not, there are guaranteed to be kids from this class leave between now and a year from now. As of today, it's the #13 class in the country and that defense, with Tom Allen calling plays, is setup to be a beast. Sure he is a great asset and lord knows we are better with him but let's not pretend all of our eggs are in one basket.

Today he made a statement he is sticking with IU so let's return the favor!

I understand that, but from a football standpoint, he would still be a true freshman if he transferred over the summer, credits really wouldn't be a barrier to him going to Notre Dame. The main barrier to him transferring is the NLI, because he technically can't transfer until the end of this season unless IU signs a release. But if he wanted to leave, I'm sure Indiana would be more than willing to let him go this summer.

He would have to get admitted to ND and if he didn't meet their academic requirements, he would have to try and get a athletic waiver, which they don't always give out.

This isn't about just transferring in now.

He would have to get admitted to ND and if he didn't meet their academic requirements, he would have to try and get a athletic waiver, which they don't always give out.

This isn't about just transferring in now.
Someone from my high school went to ND for football a few years ago, he had a 17 on his ACT and a 3.0 GPA. He still got in. Notre Dame definitely recruits a certain type of kid, but they're not as strict as everyone presumes.

He probably would have stayed if CTA wasn't refusing to fire Hiller. I don't understand picking at Mccullough when CTA has painted himself red.
I think Hiller should be replaced - if nothing else, just to remove a constant source of irritation to fans.

But what kind of coach would he be if he caved into a demand that he was supposedly given by McCullough?

I don't agree with Allen, but I understand why he wouldn't cave into that kind of demand.

Last edited:
I would bet a large sum of money that at least one of them play somewhere not named IU. If he’s already taking classes in the middle of the semester then what do you expect him to say?

Modern society gives zero shits about any of this, and the second the semester is over all bets are off. He could drop something on Twitter about feelings changed blah blah, everyone shrugs their shoulders and that’s that.

Logical post. Thanks.

I would bet a large sum of money that at least one of them play somewhere not named IU. If he’s already taking classes in the middle of the semester then what do you expect him to say?

Modern society gives zero shits about any of this, and the second the semester is over all bets are off. He could drop something on Twitter about feelings changed blah blah, everyone shrugs their shoulders and that’s that.
Yeah we'd all call that a safe bet probably. Nothing wrong with that.

The oldest really doesn’t have a choice does he? Dasan might only make it a year (objectively) and the youngest is a wildcard.
Don’t say that on the HSN board. They don’t want to hear that sh!t. They think none of them will ever transfer in their 4 years. Ever.🤦🏻

Someone from my high school went to ND for football a few years ago, he had a 17 on his ACT and a 3.0 GPA. He still got in. Notre Dame definitely recruits a certain type of kid, but they're not as strict as everyone presumes.

Which is cool, because the kid was a recruit. Dasan is a college student now. He would need a waiver to get in to TRANSFER over there. He would be a transfer, not a recruit. They are not the same. There would be a different process to go through.

That's my entire argument. It's a moot point though. Dasan would need to enter the portal first and according to his tweet yesterday, it's not happening, at least anytime soon.

Notre Dame has a profile that the class has to meet. So if that profile is a 3.0 they can take a 2.0 but they have to take a 4.0 to balance the class. Remember Tony Rice was not a great student but was a great player so they had to take a great student and less player to meet the class profile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT