ADVERTISEMENT

D1baseball sees IU finishing 5th in the B1G and missing the NCAAs...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
They have IU on the outside looking in for the NCAAs, and have the Hoosiers in 5th place behind Nebraska (no surprise), Maryland, Michigan, and Iowa in that order. They have the top four teams making the NCAA field. They see IU's infield as a team strength with the transfers Glasser (ss) and Doanes (2B), along with carryover Fougerousse at 1B. It's no surprise that they see IU's weekend rotation as the biggest question mark. They have Carter Mathison as IU's top newcomer coming out of high school and the third best player in the B1G coming out of h.s. They see IU's John Modugno as the third best draft prospect in the B1G. Ironically, they see Nebraska winning the conference, yet they have just one Husker player in their top 30 draft prospect list for the conference and he's ranked 21st on the list with IU having five players on it including Modugno. Their preseason preview of the conference and each team goes far more in depth than what I just gave, but since it is a subscription article, this is about as much information as I will give on it and not get into hot water.

They have IU on the outside looking in for the NCAAs, and have the Hoosiers in 5th place behind Nebraska (no surprise), Maryland, Michigan, and Iowa in that order. They have the top four teams making the NCAA field. They see IU's infield as a team strength with the transfers Glasser (ss) and Doanes (2B), along with carryover Fougerousse at 1B. It's no surprise that they see IU's weekend rotation as the biggest question mark. They have Carter Mathison as IU's top newcomer coming out of high school and the third best player in the B1G coming out of h.s. They see IU's John Modugno as the third best draft prospect in the B1G. Ironically, they see Nebraska winning the conference, yet they have just one Husker player in their top 30 draft prospect list for the conference and he's ranked 21st on the list with IU having five players on it including Modugno. Their preseason preview of the conference and each team goes far more in depth than what I just gave, but since it is a subscription article, this is about as much information as I will give on it and not get into hot water.
Will Bolt and Rob Childress have been around and built some really good teams in college baseball. Nebraska could have some staying power at the top of the BIG for the foreseeable future.

Guess it’s a good thing they’ll get to play it out on the field, right? Well, I guess I’m assuming the commish doesn’t decide that’s good enough for him and cancels the season. With this dude, you never know.

I’m a little surprised about Modugno. Maybe it’s been a long off-season or I’m getting senile, but I don’t remember him doing a lot yet. What am I missing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT