ADVERTISEMENT

Cybertruck

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
Looks like a real piece of shit. Faster than a 911 tho. Apparently wakes up like a camel when you start it. Anyone order one? Between the EV tax credit and the 6,000 lb depreciation credit you can get it for super cheap. Cheaper than a car probably

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
Looks like a real piece of shit. Faster than a 911 tho. Apparently wakes up like a camel when you start it. Anyone order one? Between the EV tax credit and the 6,000 lb depreciation credit you can get it for super cheap. Cheaper than a car probably
Beating a 911 in. 1/4 mile might be cool, but it ain’t 911 cool.

That’s not a truck anyway. It’s a toy with a bed . A pickup can haul 5 tons of stuff to a job site 125 mikes away and return after a long day. From a creative guy like Musk, I would have expected a truck with imaginative hydraulics and ramps to make loading and off loading cargo easier.

Last edited:
Beating a 911 in. 1/4 Mike might be cool, but it ain’t 911 cool.

That’s not a truck anyway. It’s a toy with a bed . A pickup can haul 5 tons of stuff to a job site 125 mikes away and return after a long day. From a creative guy like Musk, I would have expected a truck with imaginative hydraulics and ramps to make loading and off loading cargo easier.
Yeah and apparently you can’t dump stuff in the back from the side. And what does weight do to the battery charge

This is interesting. This is a truck that can handle the Mountain:

Tesla is weak on the design side.
I don’t like the minimalist look of just a tablet either. There’s a new suv coming out called an Ineos grenadier that looks like an old school defender with big knobs and buttons for everything.

The exterior looks like it was drawn up by an eight year old.

Yeah, that truck looks kind of silly... but I was talking about Tesla generally. Car design starts with the front end/grille treatments. Since air flow for cooling is not a concern, they haven't figured out what to do with the front end, stylistically. The Ford Mustang EV has the same problem. The Chevy Volt/Bolt, otoh, looks much like a "normal" car from the front.

Good find. Hooky will be able to repair that with just the stuff he keeps in his junk drawer
Vice grips, duct tape, WD-40 and sheer grit. That's all a real man needed back when trucks had v-8s, transmissions with a granny gear and you could clean out the cab with a high pressure hose, unlike these mobile computers today with 20 cupholders and a Jumbotron in the dash to watch the newest Luke Bryan video.

Vice grips, duct tape, WD-40 and sheer grit. That's all a real man needed back when trucks had v-8s, transmissions with a granny gear and you could clean out the cab with a high pressure hose, unlike these mobile computers today with 20 cupholders and a Jumbotron in the dash to watch the newest Luke Bryan video.
Oh Yeah Yes GIF by FILMRISE

By the way, thanks for the shopping list today. I'll be buying all of these and storing them conspicuously next to my Carhartt jacket in my garage so my neighbors think of me as a real man, finally.

One question, though: do you know which section of Nordstroms carries these things?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT