ADVERTISEMENT

CTA announces that Sorsby will start against Penn State

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
Wait a minute! WTF! Didn't Tom Allen announce before the Rutgers game that the starter of that game would be the starter for the rest of the season?

I'm just wondering if there's anybody that Tom Allen has not lost. I can't believe that he has control of that locker room anymore. To come out after the Rutgers game with a straight face and say that after careful analysis the staff has decided that Sorsby will start again this week is unbelievable. Not that Sorsby is starting. But effectively that he said the week before that Sorsby was the starter for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Wait a minute! WTF! Didn't Tom Allen announce before the Michigan game that the starter of that game would be the starter for the rest of the season?

I'm just wondering if there's anybody that Tom Allen has not lost. I can't believe that he has control of that locker room anymore. To come out after the Rutgers game with a straight face and say that after careful analysis the staff has decided that Sorsby will start again this week is unbelievable. Not that Sorsby is starting. But effectively that he said the week before that Sorsby was the starter for the rest of the season.

He clarified his statement this week in a press conference. Someone said something to the effect thst “Sorsby is the starter for the year”. Tom said “I said he was the starter for the Michigan game.” Which means that if Jackson comes in and plays and outperforms Sorby, he’ll then replace him.

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Wait a minute! WTF! Didn't Tom Allen announce before the Rutgers game that the starter of that game would be the starter for the rest of the season?

I don't understand what about this, specifically, is supposed to make people further upset than they already are. He said before Rutgers that the starter in that game was the starter the rest of the way, and then he has reaffirmed that this week, probably for clarity after some confusing comments in the post-game.

So . . . what exactly is supposed to be the problem???

I don't understand what about this, specifically, is supposed to make people further upset than they already are. He said before Rutgers that the starter in that game was the starter the rest of the way, and then he has reaffirmed that this week, probably for clarity after some confusing comments in the post-game.

So . . . what exactly is supposed to be the problem???
The problem is simple. Alan is not a big time college coach.
Maybe d3 or high school.
We will not fire him. The only chance he is not back is if he resigns.

I have never seen a QB room being handled so poorly.
He is so in over his head it’s not even funny.
That love fest on national television after the Wisconsin game cost the university 20M dollars.

That love fest on national television after the Wisconsin game cost the university 20M dollars.
The guy goes from mediocre high school coach to making 5 million a year. Only in America.

Reactions: bang63
Where you not around last year when they kept running Baz out there to the point where everyone including Baz knew he wasnt the guy? Or how about in 21 when they stayed with Penix despite the fact that he wasnt close to be physically ready to play?

Honest question. What has that man done to earn 5 million dollars a year?
Considering that 4.7 million is still a pretty mediocre (to be generous) salary for a B1G coach, I'd say the answer is just, "Have a bottom-tier Big Ten HC job." But that's irrelevant to my point. I wasn't defending his performance.

Considering that 4.7 million is still a pretty mediocre (to be generous) salary for a B1G coach, I'd say the answer is just, "Have a bottom-tier Big Ten HC job." But that's irrelevant to my point. I wasn't defending his performance.
You think the guy deserves to keep his job , i don't. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: jsenleo
Wilson wasn’t much better

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Regardless of Allen’s past, I feel he has shown he is not the coach to make us a respectable team (7-8 wins a year) let alone a good team (8-9 wins a year and a respectable bowl game).
We go no where until he is gone. And then we need the new coach to bring in some excitement and better talent.

Reactions: CC Mac
Regardless of Allen’s past, I feel he has shown he is not the coach to make us a respectable team (7-8 wins a year) let alone a good team (8-9 wins a year and a respectable bowl game).
We go no where until he is gone. And then we need the new coach to bring in some excitement and better talent.
This is pretty obvious. The fascinating thing to watch will be how the issue is managed at the end of the season given the money involved in either decision.

Reactions: CC Mac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT