ADVERTISEMENT

Crossroads Next Exit

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
Lots of chatter yesterday about next year being the last CC. With the change in AD, no one knows what the status will be.

My only real beefs with Fred have been Crean's extension, not selling 2,000 of the student seats to the waiting list and allowing three state teams to benefit equally financially from this IU event.

Hopefully the new AD either cancels the event and creates a new one (KY) or materially restructures this one to reallocate the proceeds based upon ticket sales and sponsorships. That would ultimately look like:

IU
Big space
BU
Med space
PU
Big space
ND

Reactions: brianiu
Lots of chatter yesterday about next year being the last CC. With the change in AD, no one knows what the status will be.

My only real beefs with Fred have been Crean's extension, not selling 2,000 of the student seats to the waiting list and allowing three state teams to benefit equally financially from this IU event.

Hopefully the new AD either cancels the event and creates a new one (KY) or materially restructures this one to reallocate the proceeds based upon ticket sales and sponsorships. That would ultimately look like:

IU
Big space
BU
Med space
PU
Big space
ND

I have enjoyed attending the Crossroads Classic every year. But I LOVED the Big Four Classics (IU, UK, UL, ND). Bring it back!!!

That would be a blockbuster but I would include Butler over ND. Better program and better fan support, although selfishly ND allows for lots of their seats to be snapped up by IU fans.
That would make it four different conferences. That would be better than ND for UL because they already play them in conference.

Yeah, I hope we pull the plug on the Crossroads Classic in it's current form. I do view it as welfare for the other 3 programs in the state.

Reactions: brianiu
Nobody would agree to it, but I would love to see a tournament that has IU, PU, ND, BU, BSU, ISU, Valpo, IUPUI, Evansville, PU Ft Wayne.

At the very least I would rather us play several in-state schools instead of that trafeshamockery of a November schedule.

Reactions: Hoosierific
Nobody would agree to it, but I would love to see a tournament that has IU, PU, ND, BU, BSU, ISU, Valpo, IUPUI, Evansville, PU Ft Wayne.

At the very least I would rather us play several in-state schools instead of that trafeshamockery of a November schedule.
I'd be okay with it, but leave purdue out. We play them twice already and could play a third time in the BTT. Let them create their own deal.

Nobody wants the Crossroads to end more than purdue. Their record sucks.

Reactions: 76-1 and Andy06
I'd be okay with it, but leave purdue out. We play them twice already and could play a third time in the BTT. Let them create their own deal.

Nobody wants the Crossroads to end more than purdue. Their record sucks.

I think PU wants it to live on, It gives them a big stage pre conference game even though the broadcast switches from ESPN for the IU game to BTN for theirs and they get a nice payday on IU's coat tails.

I think PU wants it to live on, It gives them a big stage pre conference game even though the broadcast switches from ESPN for the IU game to BTN for theirs and they get a nice payday on IU's coat tails.
They only have 2 wins in the Crossroads and a lot of theories why they can't win. It would be a blessing to many if it ended.

I have enjoyed attending the Crossroads Classic every year. But I LOVED the Big Four Classics (IU, UK, UL, ND). Bring it back!!!

That would be a blockbuster but I would include Butler over ND. Better program and better fan support, although selfishly ND allows for lots of their seats to be snapped up by IU fans.
Frankly, what makes most sense is to include Purdue, not Butler. UK’s instate rival is Louisville and IU’s instate rival is Purdue.

Frankly, what makes most sense is to include Purdue, not Butler. UK’s instate rival is Louisville and IU’s instate rival is Purdue.

That restricts the rotation as IU plays PU twice in league. Plus Butler is the better program now and better fan support at such events.

I would love to see those teams but in an Indiana vs. Kentucky challenge. UK. UL. Murray. WKU match up with the crossroads teams and EKU NKU Morehead and Bellermine (they are moving up) against four of others. Sort of like the Big Ten / ACC challenge. Play it all at Lucas Oil over two days. Two big games and two little each day. Maybe even add in some D2 and D3 to play in Hinkle. Both states have quality up and down the line in those divisions.

Reactions: Andy06

I would love to see those teams but in an Indiana vs. Kentucky challenge. UK. UL. Murray. WKU match up with the crossroads teams and EKU NKU Morehead and Bellermine (they are moving up) against four of others. Sort of like the Big Ten / ACC challenge. Play it all at Lucas Oil over two days. Two big games and two little each day. Maybe even add in some D2 and D3 to play in Hinkle. Both states have quality up and down the line in those divisions.

Yes or have IU and UK as the anchors with a rotation of these other teams coming in every three years or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT